May 2019 Moms
Options

FFFC 9/14

2»

Re: FFFC 9/14

• Options
    mrsclark731mrsclark731 member
    edited September 2018
    @foodislove oh heavens no! I do stationery (paper) only! I run large format/high res epson printers. I would get myself into so much trouble with a cricut...a few other ladies on my old BMB go crazy making stuff with those! I’d rather spend my funny money on sugar free Red Bull’s and scratch off tickets  >:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mrsclark731 Oh man so you actually MAKE the stationary, I find that awesome. I love paper textiles. Jeez, though, that must take up a lot of space.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @foodislove you ain’t lying! After 5 years and a move to another state...I have what I *really* need down to a science. Space is tight, especially because my husband also works from home. Most people are surprised we spend so much time together and are still married  :blush: 

I did just get to design and build my semi-custom “forever home.” You’d think I would’ve carved out a bigger office for myself, but it’s not like I bring home the bacon slanging wedding stationery so I deal :wink:
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @psychobutthead I'm totally with you regarding other peoples' kids. I've taken care of too many kids growing up. Eventually, I got to a point where I am so sick of them. Especially, when I would watch them every day all  day during summers and then as soon as their mommies would come home, they'd forget me and run to their mommies, which I know is a totally normal reaction but it was just soul crushing for me day after day. 

missmcgonnagal why are mothers in law crazy? Yesterday, my husband accidentally said to me in front of my MIL "your sense of smell is just overly sensitive now." 
    I KNOW crazy lady heard him but she knows better than to ask me directly.

My confession is kind of in response to @psychobutthead 's later post about twins.
    I never thought I'd say this but I'm secretly kind of wishing/hoping that I have twins, right now. Trying to get pregnant with endo has been so painful! I've had to be on birth control all my life due to it. And not being able to take it for obvious reasons was brutal. Having twins would close the deal on having any more kids and having to try again. Why do I feel so guilty feeling this way?

• Options
    @mrsclark731 there’s stuff aside from caffeine in Red Bull that makes it more concerning than coffee. Not saying you shouldn’t have it! I used to LOVE Red Bull but I had an incident one night where I thought I was having some kind of attack after drinking it (I wasn’t, I was just scared because I was on vacation and woke up in an unfamiliar place) and haven’t had it for three years. I sure do miss it though!

• Options
    My other FFFC: The "Fit Friday" thread can kiss my ass! I have no motivation to stay fit this pregnancy. I'm too damn exhausted all the time. (That's not to say I'm going to pig out all the time.) I actually tried to lose the weight I gained from DD's pregnancy but it was just not happening and was stressing me out even more. 
    I think I've just accepted the fact that I'll be overweight until all my kids are like 5 yrs old when I'll hopefully have more time to myself and sleep better. Hopefully. FingersCrossed. At least that's what I keep telling myself. 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge you have any links to scientific articles about the “other concerning stuff?” I’m all ears. My mom has been an RN for 30 years and sends me bullshit articles about energy drinks all the time. For a lady so smart you’d think she’d check her sources before sending me Onion type links. My midwife is only concerned about the amount of caffeine so I’ll roll with her opinion. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @psychobutthead long time no “see!” You have a February ‘15 baby too, no? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @mrsclark731I’m traveling right now but will see if I can find one tonight! Most of what I’ve read is that taurine is the biggest deal, it was  shown to increase the “stickiness” of blood which makes it more difficult to circulate. Again, not telling you not to drink it, just some insight as to why people care more than coffee. 

ETA - your midwife is a medical professional and I am not so if she says it’s ok then great!

• Options
    DH took DD downstairs to start prepping things for dinner. I’m supposed to be napping, but I’m bumping instead. I love the pregnancy card. 
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @expandcontract don't feel guilty! You have only one other LO right? Makes sense to want them in your situation. But for me it would mean 4 kids.  My marriage couldn't handle 4 kids. 

@mrsclark731 yep! My son is about 3.5 now. I haven't talked to anyone from that group in years. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @psychobutthead well, now you have talked to me! It is hard to believe it's been 3.5 years....I'm hoping to not be such a miserable pregnant lady this time around  :#:# ....and not gain 80 pounds and have a traumatic emergency c section and a NICU stay. Fingers crossed! 

I hope and your family have been well! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsclark731 we have been.  I really hoping to not end up with the diabetes again this time.  Heres to hoping these pregnancies go way smoother!

• Options
    edited September 2018
    @psychobutthead thats right! You had GD.....talk about something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy :neutral: I'll *cross my fingers for you too! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @psychobutthead oh my gosh! Yes! I had a dream last night and there was double everything! 2 sets of roads on one bridge, two toilets in one public bathroom stall, two beds with two different families staying in a hotel room. Scares me into thinking I may be having twins! Not that it’s bad, but holy financial crap! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Not sure if this fits but I think people who judge others for having baby showers for their 2nd/3rd ++ babies should just mind their own damn business. 

I'm in a raging mood today and going to a girls night with my bestfriends who don't know I'm pregnant yet so I can see myself snapping at them since theyve all got strong opinions that I generally disagree with. 
    My family is pissing me off to the point where I Kinda dont want to personally tell them I'm pregnant and just make them assume i am or let someone else tell them. 
  • Options
    @mrsclark731 thanks! 

@mrskoz428 see those kinds of dreams freak me out.  But i had dreams of a girl lasy pregnancy but we had a boy.  So it could just be your mind messing with you. 

• Options
    @kels0091 to that I’m going to add people who make comments about women announcing their pregnancies early, particularly self-proclaimed feminists. Wow, you’re SUCH a feminsit, telling other women when they are allowed to share their own medical info. 

• Options
    @mrsclark731 I was able to find this pretty recent study, wish I had access to the whole thing. Energy drink studies during pregnancy are very limited, makes sense since that would probably be unethical! The taurine thing I mentioned is up in the air for debate on if it actually affects the fetus and the abstract of this study says problems can’t be focused on any specific ingredient. 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0753332218300945

• Options
    @kels0091 to that I’m going to add people who make comments about women announcing their pregnancies early, particularly self-proclaimed feminists. Wow, you’re SUCH a feminsit, telling other women when they are allowed to share their own medical info. 
    People get mad about that?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    People get mad about that?
    I’ve literally had arguments with multiple women about this. If a woman wants to share her pregnancy at 3 weeks on FB, it’s no skin off your back! She’s the one who will have to deal if something happens and some people need to grieve like that. It’s an exciting time, and every woman’s prerogative to share when she pleases. It is not the job of pregnant women to make everyone else feel comfortable. Just stop telling women what to do!

Clearly I have many feelings about this. 

• Options
    aels12aels12 member
    edited September 2018
    @k2k2tog I’m not a vegetarian, and I don’t know how other animals are treated in that regard, but you’re right it’s probably not good for any of them. I personally would probably be wary of all meat in those countries, but I have just seen too much about the dogs and it’s scarred me for life! 

Edited, can’t spell
  • Options
    Another FFFC, but first - DISCLAIMER: I am not proposing moving to FB right now. 

I don’t think it’s a big deal to move to FB before the babies are born. 

My old BMB moved around the halfway point and it actually worked out great for us. I don’t like posting pictures here since it’s so public and TB owns them after a certain point (I’ll share but then delete after a day). Only one person has left the group since it was created and we literally talk all the time. I’ve met quite a few of them in person, truly an incredible group of women. However, I recognize we may just have gotten lucky. 

• Options
    @aels12 so, I actually did a bit more reading because that’s the kind of thing I do. According to Wikipedia, there are very few countries in which it is actually culturally appropriate to eat dog in the 21st century. (Though it’s not actually illegal anywhere but a handful of places including 7 states or something like that.) In some countries such as India and Vietnam, the meat dog industry has fallen into disfavour because pet dogs are often stolen and killed very brutally. There are other countries, however, where they are raised specifically for meat. I’d be cool with that - not so much eating someone’s pet. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    Another FFFC, but first - DISCLAIMER: I am not proposing moving to FB right now. 

My old BMB moved around the halfway point and it actually worked out great for us. I don’t like posting pictures here since it’s so public and TB owns them after a certain point (I’ll share but then delete after a day). Only one person has left the group since it was created and we literally talk all the time. I’ve met quite a few of them in person, truly an incredible group of women. However, I recognize we may just have gotten lucky. 
    What happened to your BMB when you migrated? I actually don’t have a significant amount of stranger danger so an early move to FB - especially since there’s no actual requirement to friend everyone - doesn’t really bother me. But I know there is a significant change in dynamic and our BMB suffered following the migration. I think it would miss the dynamic of the Bump if we jumped too soon. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    @k2k2tog a lot of us continued on TB for a while but there were a few incidents where the people on FB felt very differently about things than those only on TB and there was a natural divide in personalities. The ones who stayed back eventually made their own group and I think that was the right call. It worked for us. But, you won’t see me suggesting a FB group haha, I definitely need to get to know people here first and go with the flow of the group. I think that’s why the first one worked so well, it was a  majority decision. 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge yeah, Taurine doesn’t scare me. I can’t read the article, but its inconclusive so .... I’ll stick to my medical professionals opinion and keep enjoying my daily 80mg of caffeine. 

I also didn’t get pregnant and decide “let me chug a SFRB!” I’ve been chugging those bitches for a longgggg time. It’s nothing my body isn’t used to :wink: Safe travels!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Then why not just start in a FB group? There are a ton of groups on there that go private/secret after the first tri. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsclark731 enjoy your Red Bull! I don’t want to start on FB, it’s pretty public and I don’t need internet strangers knowing my name or what I look like, etc. My last BMB was a great experience and I got to “know” the women beforehand, so I’m looking forward to that here again. All I was saying is depending on how this group goes, I may be open to joining a FB group before the babies are born.