April 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In Week of 09/12

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY: Tell us about your best friend!

Re: PGAL Check-In Week of 09/12

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 9 + 2 - cherry.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? I had a 24-hour stomach bug this week.  Physically, I'm still having trouble eating much and I feel queasy fairly often (part of me wonders if the bug just flipped the nausea switch!).  Mentally, I'm worried that being sick could've impacted the baby.  Of course, I know plenty of people puke their whole pregnancies and are fine, so I'm trying to stay positive!  Symptoms-wise, I'm exhausted and the crazy dreams are rocking full force, but otherwise, I feel pretty okay.

3. Any appointment updates? Next is on Columbus Day for the nuchal translucency and free DNA tests.  Very excited to find out what this LO is!

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? It's getting so hard to keep this baby a secret!  And I guess that's a good thing, because PGAL brain is what made secret-keeping so easy last time around.  I can't wait to tell our family and friends.  Still deciding if we'll tell at 12 or 14 weeks.  I feel like I'm already showing, so 12 might be a necessity, but at 14 we'll know the gender and I love being able to reveal everything at once!

5. GTKY: Tell us about your best friend! My best friend has been my best friend since the sixth grade.  She's emotional and reactive where I tend to be logical and reserved, but we have the same values and balance each other out well.  We're both really driven and commit to what we love full-force, so we push each other even further in that direction.  And in the negative, we both tend to see things in moral absolutes and we can be pretty judgmental - sometimes we get sucked into each others' visions, but for the most part, we're good at interrupting each other's negative thought patterns (because we can recognize them in ourselves).  I genuinely feel like my friendship with her groomed me for marriage - she was my first lifelong commitment!
  • Options
    8w3d, raspberry/could fit on a penny 

So sick in the mornings. Puking atleast once most mornings. Mentally I'm feeling pretty good this time. I'm excited to start sharing the news with more people

Just had my first ultrasound on Thursday and everything looks good! Next appt is October 2. I'm gonna try to do the early genetic screening after my next appt

My DH has had a crazy work schedule the last few weeks which sucks considering I'm at the height of my nausea and have no motivation to do anything 

I've been friends with her since 9th grade. She lives in our hometown 2000 miles away and is a veterinarian. I get to chat with her a few times a week though and was the matron of honor in her wedding in april
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 11 weeks. I have a lime in my belly!

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? mentally, I'm getting antsy keeping this secret! it's getting harder to hide how big I've gotten. physically, nausea has been the worst these past couple of days. while I haven't hurled yet, I have cried tears b/c I just want to feel like myself again. while I am thankful to the stars and every deity ever imagined that I am pregnant, the nausea, headaches, and exhaustion is beginning to depress me. :( 

3. Any appointment updates? friday! I'll get to finally HEAR the heartbeat. I'm thinking after this friday, I'll be able to confidently share the news w/ everyone. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? I've shared my raves about my husband on the "my partner is awesome" thread. he's been husband of the year, truly. <3

5. GTKY: Tell us about your best friend! so I'm originally from CA. we met sophomore year and initially didn't like each other. but we ended up as chorus girls in our high school's production of oklahoma, and became best friends. 15yrs later, we are both living in oklahoma. I moved here first, she moved out here after my husband and I introduced her to her now husband. she hates it here, and likes to joke that it's our drama director's fault that she is here. we have plans to "trash" our wedding dresses in vegas when we celebrate 20yrs of friendship. we're really looking forward to looking like a pair of lesbians, which would be fitting, since it was rumored in h.s. that we were lesbians. b/c that's how close our friendship was. 
  • Options
    1. 8w, 0d. I'm technically not even April anymore since I got the due date moved back so much at my last appt! Hang on, tiny raspberry!
    2. Physically, tired. Mentally, crappy. The progesterone supplements are really making me feel blue, and I'm going crazy as a (temporary) full-time SAHM because there's nothing to distract me from my fear and downness.  3 weeks until DD starts a morning program and I can get back to my academic work! 
    3. A week from next Tuesday, although 10 weeks won't make for much of an appointment. I was hoping they'd just reschedule me for week 12 when I got moved back, but I guess they want to see me every 4 weeks on the dot. That means no scan between weeks five and fourteenn--ot my fave bc my MMC happened in Week 7 last time.
    4. I just missed the call from my OB about my progesterone draw (1st since I started supplementing 2 weeks ago.) Called back but the medical assistant wasn't free, so knowing the office probably won't hear back till closing time, if at all today. I hate the unknown.
    5. My husband is my best friend. He's basically Faramir meets Lord Peter Wimsey. 

Sorry for the downer post! Just having a rough PGAL day, and *TW* the fact that a good friend lost her baby at 37 weeks yesterday *TW* is not helping.

Hope you're all doing well. 
  • Options
    @TheSouffleGirl I'm sorry you're having a rough day.  And I am so overwhelmingly sorry to hear about your friend - I cannot imagine what she is going through.  I took progesterone when I was pregnant with my daughter and I remember feeling SO hormonal and out of control - it is not a fun experience.  How long do you have to take it for?  My RE had me stop at 10 weeks - if that's the case for you, there's an end in sight!  And I totally understand what you mean with feeling even worse with no distractions.  During my last pregnancy, I found that nothing could distract me from all things PGAL  so I kind of just leaned into it - I was a zombie on the couch when I needed to be a zombie on the couch, I locked myself in the bathroom and cried for hours on end.  None of it was healthy, so I can't recommend it to you, but I did at least feel good letting myself feel what I was feeling.  Hoping tomorrow is a better day for you, and that the next one's even better than that.
  • Options
    @ashtuesday: Thanks. It's just good to have an encouraging word from someone who's been there. <3
  • Options

10 weeks on the dot! 

So, since the begining I've never had horrible morning sickness- definitely waives of nausea and food aversions, but never actually thrown up, definitely tired and suuuuper sore boobs. Yesterday and today I've been feeling quite good, which is actually stressing me out! I googled some unhelpful stuff and my stress brain just took over from there. I had an ultrasound at 7w and baby was right on track, strong hb- so I just keep trying to think positive.

I have a prenatal apt Monday (Dr said it's not an ultrasound so not exactly sure what it's for....) And then NT ultrasound 10/9

Not really....any reassurance or experience with mild symptoms would be helpful

I met my best friend about 12 yes ago at work. She's El Salvadorian, super artistic and just so kind. We've been there for each other through a lot of crap and I know I can depend on her for anything. She also introduced me to wine and wine tasting- now if that isn't a best friend..... Lol