December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in 9/11 (EDD 12/8-12/16)

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

GTKY: What’s for dinner this week?

Shamelessly stealing the GTKY from the end of the month ladies lol

DS1 born 2/28/16
DS2 due 12/12/18

Re: Weekly Check-in 9/11 (EDD 12/8-12/16)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Hollyyyyy we close on oct 9! I'm super excited but need to get it together as far as packing! Also, i don't have any experience, but I've been working really hard on setting boundaries and expectations for my family and in-laws about what will and will not happen when the baby is born. it's so hard, especially as a ftm to figure out. 
  • Options
    Y'all, we don't meal plan anymore. It's the same every week. Tuesday is always tacos, Wednesday is always make your own pizza. Then we get stuff to grill on Monday or Thursday, and the other day is something easy like spaghetti or grilled cheese. Saturday is another make your own pizza night, Sunday is usually take out, and Friday we're usually eating with my family so we plan last minute depending on where we are. 

I wish we had more of a regular on Monday and Thursday, because even the toss up of 1 of 3 meals is just a lot of thinking lately. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    We only loosely meal plan so we know what groceries to get each weekend. It keeps us from buying a ton of extra (and wasting money) or from not having stuff on hand (and ending up eating out/fast food). Our plans definitely change, but we usually think about 5-6 meals we'd like that week and then as the week goes on we figure out what we're feeling each day lol. DH is better about saying this on this night and that on that night, I'm kind of more in the mindset of whatever sounds good that day lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @runrinserepeat I like trying new recipes too much to do a week on repeat like that! Also I tend to get tired of meals really quickly. It’s a curse. 

This month i made up my entire meal plan in my bullet journal, so I’m not having to scramble at the end of each week. I’m patting myself on the back for it. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @rosebud332 Sorry you pulled your butt - few things are worse than an actual pain in the glute. 
    And yes, chocolate cakey outsides are the best, cookies are far too much for me...especially when I require two sandwiches for dinner :grimace:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    HollyyyyyHollyyyyy member
    edited September 2018
    @rosebud332 Ha apparently my baby shrunk this week, too. Stupid growth comparisons.
    Yes, the possible concerns I have are sleep-related. It just raises red flags to me. If everything we choose to do (or not do), is going to be an arguement, and you clearly think you know better than manufacturers or doctors, then I don't feel comfortable leaving my kid with you. End of story. It's just not a situation I thought we would find ourselves in, but the more comments are made, the more I'm thinking that it's a real possibility that we won't be able to trust leaving our kid with my IL's, and that's just going to lead to a huge blow up. It sucks :/
  • Options
    How far along? 27 weeks tomorrow. 

How is big is baby? I don’t know - I never keep track anymore. 

Symptoms? I’m so tired lately. My 19 month old wants to be carried / held all the time lately, and walking around with him on my hip is killing me. I get so out of breath walking up the stairs and just want to go to bed as soon as I get home from work! 

Rants / Raves etc. I work in a small non profit and one employee is really not Pulling her weight. It means the rest of us have to pick up the slack all the time. I’m sick of doing my job plus half of hers!

meals this week? I’ve been so bad about meal planning this month. During the summer I don’t have to worry about it! I work at a summer camp from June - August so someone else is responsible for making The meals AND the cleanup! Now that we’re home and my big kids are back to school and sports schedules, I hardly have time to make a plan. This week they had practice Monday and Wednesday, and Tuesday  I had a late meeting at work. So anyways we’ve just been grabbing whatever we can find for dinner. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? How big is baby?

27+1; bananas I think?

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

TIRED. Insomnia is kicking my butt. So is heartburn. I toss and turn nonstop every time I lay down.

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

We were at my MIL’s this week when the topic of Christmas came up. I’m due Dec. 13th & told everyone I’ll be busy at home nursing a newborn all day. My mother in law insists I’ll “bounce back really fast” because this is my second kid, and claims the whole family will just come to me & I can host at my house.. She’s funny. Pray for me y’all.

GTKY: What’s for dinner this week?

I’m horrible at meal planning lately, so I have no idea. DH & I decided we’re getting Publix subs tonight though, because footlongs are on sale for $5.99 for the next 2 weeks. If you live in the south, you know how amazing this is.

• Options
    @mrsm224 omg at your mil volunteering you for Christmas. We already told both families we aren't traveling and will be staying home as a family. My parents did invite themselves for thanksgiving though. But I told them they're welcome to come, but I'm not doing the cooking (or the cleaning for that matter). How did you respond?!?! What did yh say? 
  • Options
    @mrsm224 Lol your MIL sounds hysterical. Uhhhmmm, no.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @morgantu I just kind of awkwardly laughed it off and said “you think so?”
    I think maybe she meant it as a compliment to my mothering abilities, insinuating that is actually have my sh!t together that quickly... but I was so caught off guard she even said it.
  • Options
    @mrsm224 LOL at your MIL. Christmas sounds like it will be a bundle of fun over there. Also, I live in AL and have yet to get myself a Publix sub, though I hear so many good things about them! Where are you in the south...was it FL that I read in your intro?
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @mrsm224 that sounds like something my MIL would do too. I’m due on the 13th as well and I’ve already tried to start the conversation with my husband about how we are NOT going to the big family Christmas thing that his mom makes a huge deal of with a newborn baby this year. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mamajudec2018mamajudec2018 member
    edited September 2018
    @mrsm224 It does sound like a compliment to me but yeah that sounds a little overwhelming for you to have to deal with right after baby! I hope you're able to tell her how you feel!

@MissAmber23 I totally get this. I told my husband he needs to explain to his parents that they can't stay at our house after we get out of the hospital. My parents live 6 minutes down the road and they are more than welcome there. But I want time with my husband and my baby and don't need to be hosting anyone while attempting to learn to breastfeed.
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon oh my, you HAVE to try one!! We had Subway last week for the first time in years and I was so disappointed. Nothing else compares to a pub sub. And yes, FL! I’m on the west coast, about 35 mins from Tampa.
  • Options
    @mrsm224 I know how you feel! I have to turn so often in bed and the heartburn has started right on cue at 27 weeks 0 days.

I have a tiny family and DH is not too close to his so I don’t have any issues with relatives wanting to do Christmas with us.  But I am worried about random unannounced drop ins...his parents can be liked that.  When I started a new job they just stopped in to check it out and introduced themselves to my coworkers (I wasn’t there at the time).
  • Options
    @Desiree113 that’s so awkward! I can’t believe they just showed up at your new job when you weren’t even there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MissAmber23 Yes it was very strange! Luckily they only did it once.