For mamas due 4/8-4/14

Due date:

Appointments:

Rants/Raves/Questions:

How are you feeling?

What was the last book you read?

Re: Week 2 (4/8-4/14) Check-in w/o 9/10

• Options
    Due date: 4/11 (although that may change tomorrow)

Appointments: Ultrasound tomorrow! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Why does time move so slowly right before an appointment? 

How are you feeling?: Mostly just tired. 

What was the last book you read?: I finally finished The Martian last night. It’s my favorite movie but I hadn’t gotten around to reading the book until this past week. Now I’m going to start Andy Weir’s next book, Artemis.
  • Options
    For mamas due 4/8-4/14

Due date:
    4/9

Appointments:
    Not till October

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    DS is having terrible 2s and I can’t get anything done. He throws irrational tantrums for everything from getting a diaper change to going to bed. We have a doctors appt today becaue I think his acid reflux is back and he may have a UTI(keeps stripping off his clothes and diapers complaining that his peepee hurts). I just hope the doctor has some answers

How are you feeling?
    Fine as long as I eat every 90 minutes or less. If I don’t I get horrible nausea and can’t eat anything

What was the last book you read?
    I have like 2 or 3 books that I started this summer and never finished. I’m too lazy to go look for them lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @blueberrymomma Baby reflux sucks! I hope DS feels better (and gives you an easier time) soon!
  • Options
    @wearegroot Good luck tomorrow!! Is this your first ultrasound?
    @blueberrymomma Good luck with your DS - I hope he's feeling better soon!! 
    I hope the tantrums get better - I feel like it's just something that comes with the age.  The first few my son threw, I literally stepped over him in the kitchen and ignored him and told him when he was done he could get up and eat dinner. Luckily I guess he realized I didn't give a flying F that he was sprawled out on the floor flipping out and he hasn't been much of a tantrum thrower since then.
    Friends of ours started an IG page dedicated to their kid's tantrums - there's always that option! Make a fun thing out of it lol

Due date: 4/11

Appointments: Had an appt this morning - little guy is looking great! She popped it into 3D and we could already see his little arms covering his face. And we could also see the different pieces of the brain forming when it wasn't in 3D - it's amazing how much changes week to week right now!  Still just wiggling around in there...so cool! 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

How are you feeling? I puke each morning, I'm fine during the day (thanks to medicine) but at night as I'm getting close to needing to take my medicine, I feel like absolute shit. Like there's a lump in my throat and I could get sick any minute.  I can't wait to feel more like myself again.

What was the last book you read? Oh boy I'm not a reader - probably 50 shades of grey to see what all the hype was about...don't judge me! 
  • Options
    Yikes, hope you get some answers @blueberrymomma
    @wearegroot time will come to a halt for you today, I'm sure.
    @50wife how fun to see it all in 3D!  Technology is so amazing.

Due date: 4/8

Appointments:  Doctor on Wednesday (was supposed to do bloodwork by now.  Shit!!)  Then my NT ultrasound on the 25th.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  I'm dying to tell work.  Most of our friends and family know.  I'm not hiding anything and not dodging any questions, so most people we see face to face know.  My probation is up in 2 weeks, so hopefully I can tell them after that and can wear comfortable clothes again.

How are you feeling?  Good, which like many others, scares the crap out of me.  I still have a few symptoms but I'm used to puking all day every day.

What was the last book you read?  "Like a Queen" by Constance Hall.  She's an Australian mom with a crude sense of humour but tells it like it is!  You might have seen her posts on facebook.  She's all about that all women are queens and we should be helping build each other up not tearing each other down.  No one is a perfect mom so why would you ever judge someone else?  She released a follow up so I can't wait to read that one too!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @50wife Yup, this is my first ultrasound. That’s exciting that you could already get a 3D! We were never able to get a good look on the 3D with DS, but maybe it’ll work with this one. Although part of me hopes they can’t get it because it pissed my mom off so much that my SIL got a good 3D shot and I didn’t, and I’m a terrible daughter who enjoys when my mom doesn’t get what she wants. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/8

Appointments: 9/18 for my NIPT and regular office visit!

Rants/Raves/Questions: Nope!

How are you feeling? Feeling much better when it comes to nausea and fatigue.. but the constipation is real! I'm very ready to be out of the first trimester, look like I have an actual bump instead of a food baby, and also to tell the world!

What was the last book you read? One of us is Lying, it was a very easy beach read.. Probably not something I would normally read though.
  • Options
    Due date: 4/10

Appointments: 10 week appointment this Wednesday. Tbh, I don’t really understand why I have an appointment this week, but I’m not complaining! NT ultrasound two weeks after that. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Getting tired of people telling me how to spend my money. It’s my money?? DH and I are doing just fine right now. We know our limits. Sorry we’d rather spend money on delicious food than junk I’ll end up giving away in six months. 

How are you feeling? Today, nauseous. But I’ve been doing really well the last few days. My linea nigra is already starting to appear! 

What was the last book you read? I can’t remember, and that makes me sad. I LOVE to read and I usually read a lot. 
  • Options
    Good luck at your ultrasound, @wearegroot !

@blueberrymomma, ugh, that's no fun.  Our DS seems to have constant issues with his penis too, I don't know what the deal is.  Hopefully your doctor is more helpful than ours (who just says keep it clean... which we do)!

I didn't even know they could do 3D ultrasounds so early, that's so cool, @50Wife!

@mermaidca, I might have to check that book out, it sounds good!

@bankssl1, right there with you on wanting to be out of first tri already!  I feel so fat and bloated, it's messing with my self-esteem like crazy.  If I had a visible bump at least people would know and I wouldn't have to fake feeling normal!

@sdelg09, it feels like I've already had a ton of appointments too.  I've had two and two more scheduled before October.  Maybe it's just how certain hospitals/doctors handle it.  I wouldn't complain normally except the one is supposedly going to take 2 hours!

Due date: 4/10 (adjusted from 4/11, so I was pretty spot on in my calculations, lol).

Appointments: Nothing until the end of September and beginning of October. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: How is everyone handling working out while feeling this awful?  I guess I should restart our healthy habits thread, because my exercise has fallen by the wayside and it's killing me!

How are you feeling? Thought I was feeling better this weekend, but today was back to nausea 24/7, pain in my lower back and crampiness all around.  I don't remember having round ligament pain with my first, or maybe just not this early?  Yesterday it almost buckled me over with a sudden lightning pain in my ovaries.  Fun stuff.

What was the last book you read?   Circle of Stones by Catherine Fisher.  An interesting YA novel about stone circles/druidic rituals and the like.  I picked it because the sci-fi novel I had grabbed before wasn't holding my interest like they usually do. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt I was also feeling better, and then today I’ve had nausea, headaches, extreme mood swings. It’s been awful! Why does making a baby have to suck so much?!
  • Options
    @wearegroot, ugh, I have no idea!  I also haven't the faintest clue how women did/do this while having more than one kiddo to begin with.  I'm lucky my son plays fairly independently or I would be a neglectful parent right about now....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Due date:4/11

Appointments: had my first appt yesterday!! Got to see our little baby and it was so surreal! Most magical thing ever(:

Rants/Raves/Questions: My husband has been sick the last four or five days and I can feel it coming on... I’m so mad!!

How are you feeling? Okay.. learning how to cope with 24/7 nausea. Still so so so tired. Also recently my lower back had been aching. I thought that was a symptom that doesn’t come till much later??

What was the last book you read? Just finished Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. It was a bit dark for me... but I love thrillers, so it was a quick read.
  • Options
    @b9315 my back has been bothering me too. It comes and goes, but a heating pad does the trick! I actually use a microwaveable neck pillow. I love it because it doesn’t get too hot and it’s flexible for different spots. 
  • Options
    @sdelg09 oh that’s a great idea!! Sounds like a great way to spend my lunch break today... thank you!
  • Options
    Had my appointment today and everything looks good! Bub is measuring a couple days behind (not surprising, DS measured two weeks behind...my cycles are wonky) but not enough to change the due date or be concerned. So I get to stay in week 2!

(Although I’m having a scheduled c-section so I definitively know we won’t make it to 40 weeks)
  • Options
    Update: DS doesn’t have a UTI(yay!) Doctor is putting him back on some reflux medicine. Just waiting for insurance approval. They didn’t approve it last time since you can buy it OTC but you can’t buy his dosage OTC. It’s so frustrating dealing with insurance 
    Tatrums aren’t any better just praying it’s a phase
  • Options
    Due date: 4/10

Appointments: U/S on 9/22, second appointment on 9/25

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm scared, for perhaps no reason. I've told a handful of people, including a few relatives, my academic adviser, a couple of classmates I work closely with, and a few friends. I guess I'm scared to be excited, and then find out something went horribly wrong. I had a 7 wk u/s that looked perfectly normal and will have the one scheduled on 9/22 (at midwife's suggestion--since she wants to double check EDD). The only thing that freaked me out about the first u/s is that I thought I was 8 weeks, based on LMP, but realized that I indeed ovulated later than I had thought due to surgery which makes sense.

How are you feeling? Some nausea, somewhat tired but less so than previous weeks, sore breasts

What was the last book you read? Since I'm really bad about finishing books and read in random bouts of spare time, the book I'm currently reading is The Why Axis
  • Options
    Due date:4/8

Appointments: One more week from tomorrow!

Rants/Raves/Questions: None really. But I'm with the 2 year old tantrums. My daughter has been a hellion lately, mainly at bedtime but they strike anywhere. Past two nights she's been coming out of her room but staying quiet and laying on the floor in her doorway so when we go to bed we find her laying there still awake....no wonder why she's cranky

How are you feeling? Nauseous still off and on but mainly the lower back pain is starting and it was extremely painful last night. Then today the burping is a little out of control

What was the last book you read? Currently reading "The Power." I'm a book of the month club member and I'm trying to catch up but I'm pretty far behind. I need to have a few days to spend reading through them for sure.

• Options
    Due date: 4/9

Appointments: Tomorrow! Hoping I can see the little strawberry again to see if everything is still going okay. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I bought a giant body pillow off Amazon and I love it so much. As a habitual stomach sleeper it’s really helping. 

How are you feeling? Better, my symptoms are definitely lessening. Still tired sometimes and waking up to pee so much but not really any nausea or heaving anymore. 

What was the last book you read? Sharp Objects after finishing the show and The Nightingale! The Nightingale was one of the best books I’ve read in a long time, cried so much though. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/12/19

Appointments: Thursday with a new OB. Not happy with my current practice. Fingers crossed this works out!

Rants/Raves/Questions: None right now.

How are you feeling? Overall better than I have been, but still stupid tired. This morning I got home from work, crawled in bed and had to shoot up and run to the bathroom to throw up. Nausea has been hit or miss, but dang that just hit me hard this morning. 
    Other than all that, my anxiety is out of control. I am having a hard time believing that things are going to be okay. I’m hoping the new doctor Thursday will take pity on my situation and give me an ultrasound for reassurance. 

What was the last book you read? Honestly, I can’t even remember. I have been so busy at work this year that I haven’t had much “me” time. I used to read all the time, and I’d love to get back into it!
    E (24) + DH (30)
    2 first trimester losses (2011, 2012)
    Actively TTC since January 2014
    Project RAINBOW<3

• Options
    @hcr0322 I looooove the Nightingale!! One of the best books I’ve ever read, hands down!!
  • Options
    Saw my doc tonight. She tried her (old af) fetal Doppler to listen to the heartbeat and couldn't find it.  It's still early and she says OBs tell her not even to try until 14 weeks with her POS machine but it's hard not to freak out.  My next ultrasound is on the 25th, I can make it till then. 
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Due date: April 11

Appointments: NIPT September 17, but that’s just with genetics. Next Midwife appt isn’t until 9/27.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rants: 1)why are all maternity pants so big? I don’t remember this from my other 3 kids, but it’s my 4th and I’m unquestionably showing and I’m having a hard time finding (truly) x-small leggings/pants.  2) not working out is killing me....I’m on modified bedrest (no sex/no running) and I’m a marathon runner (running keeps me sane) so this has been really hard. Rave: prenatal yoga—I’ve been going to classes a few times a week since I can’t run. It’s definitely not a “workout” but the stretching feels great and it’s fun to meet other pregnant moms. 

How are you feeling? Tired! I forgot how tired I get during the first trimester.

What was the last book you read? Reading The Great Believers.
  • Options
    For mamas due 4/8-4/14

Due date: April 12

Appointments: Oct 12 (just had one at nine weeks last Friday). Everything looks great!

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm just tired of feeling like crap! Question: Any advice on hair dying - as in, is it ok to do it? I've read that you should at least wait until after the first trimester, but my grays are out of control (yay advanced maternal age!). My stylist uses a natural dye on my hair, but I'm still nervous and do think I should wait at least 3 more weeks. I have an appointment today so I have to decide!

How are you feeling? See above lol (like crap most of the time).

What was the last book you read? I'm embarrassed because I don't remember.
  • Options
    @hcr0322 what pillow did you get? I want to order one, but I'm overwhelmed at all the options.
  • Options
    I bought a giant U shaped one on amazon with decent reviews and I love it. Husband not so much but he can get over it