January 2019 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change: EDD January 1-7 (W/O 9/10)

Thanks to whoever posted last week, I've been slacking.

EDD? 

Symptoms? 

Upcoming appointments? 

R/R/Q: 

GTKY: What is your favorite piece of maternity clothing right now?
DH: 29 | Me: 29 
Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
DD: 10/5/16
TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
DS: 1/9/19
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Ticker Change: EDD January 1-7 (W/O 9/10)

•  EDD? 
    Jan 2nd

Symptoms? 
    Not much, really. The occasional cramp, and that's about it.

Upcoming appointments? 
    Regular checkup at the end of the month.

R/R/Q: 
    Still sick!! Getting super fed up with it.

My husband's sweatpants! Hahaha. Nothing comfier.
  • Loading the player...
  • Jan 7 - 23 weeks today

Constipation, insomnia, back/hip pain, some cramping but I *think* that's the slow movement/pressure from the bowels. Have been feeling pretty good lately, aside from another round of nausea yesterday. DH and I cleaned out our crawl space and organized the basement yesterday afternoon, and went for a really nice walk after dinner last night.

No appointments until October.

I ordered a bunch of mat clothes online last weekend after going to the store to try them on (sale was better online). I FINALLY got notice today that they're being delivered this afternoon. I'm so excited.

Aside from my maternity leggings, which I live in, I'm really excited for this maternity/nursing tunic that's being delivered today: https://www.thymematernity.com/en/30086482.html
    It honestly felt like I was wearing pajamas when I tried it on. And bonus that I can use it for nursing postpartum.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• EDD:
    1/1 

Symptoms: 
    lots of back pain. Out of breath and I just sat up in my work chair and got the worst RLP ever. 

Upcoming appt: 
    in a couple of weeks I have to do the GD test (again) 

RRQ: 
    Rave: coworker gave me a bunch of baby stuff! 

GTKY: 
    probably my maternity jeans. I wear them to work. Everything else is just regular clothes that still fit 
  • @alexandraseattle ah I love seeing the kicks from the outside! This LO has started making things on my belly move with her kicks from time to time. Also Reese’s sticks are amazing. I kind of forgot they existed before this and that was probably for the best. 

@leighbrek also still sick and also over it. And even though the sick is a little better the indigestion is way worse. Solidarity. 

@Ghostie625 I also struggle getting DH go feel LO. A lot of times it’s because I wait until she’s kicked the same spot a few times before I ask him to feel. Or because he’s playing games and has to wait until a certain part.

@sfgiantsgamerbabe yes to the weird dreams! I had a super strange dream last night I was trapped in the house of this scary family and they were all afraid of their dad who was in some band and we were supposed to see him play at a restaurant that night and has to follow specific rules about what to order. I don’t even know what was happening. But my in laws appeared at the restaurant and of course my MIL messed up her order. So the whole dream was probably about my in laws on some level  :D

@ChasingTheDog I have to do the three hour next week. I’m dreading it. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• EDD? 01/06

Symptoms? Heartburn. Still puking in the AM. Out of breath easily. Especially carrying DD up our three partial flights of stairs.

Upcoming appointments? The 18th is my repeat anatomy scan and then appointment on the 25th. That appointment will be my last with 4 weeks between them which is insane. I’ll have 3 weeks from 25-28 and then the every other weeks start. I can’t believe it.

R/R/Q: I’ve alreasy complained all over the board but between the heat, no air conditioning in my classroom / my wing of the building at all, car mishaps, and DD who got HFM after her first ever two days of daycare, this week has been the week from hell and I’m sxhausted. 

This top. It’s light and flattering and comfy.

DD Born 06/23/17 3

•  EDD? 
    1/2

Symptoms? 
    insomnia that only medicating with unisom seems to put a dent in. I am wide awake around 3am and stay away foreverrrr ugh

Upcoming appointments? 
    September 26th 

R/R/Q: 
    I had to put off our "babymoon" until after an important project at work. Well the project finally wrapped up and I was all set to book it for next week (an Alaskan cruise) when I saw their policy that you can't cruise past 24 weeks pregnant and I will be exactly 24 weeks and it's a hard and fast rule with no exceptions (already called to plead my case).
    I'm so annoyed that I have to go back to the drawing board to figure out a vacation that 1) doesn't take too much planning 2) Isn't hot as hell like it has been here all summer 3) Doesn't have Zika exposure and 4) is less than a 4 hour flight away......whyyyyyy

honestly I am hating all clothes and my birthday suit with maybe a pair of nice stretchy boy shorts is the only thing that is comfortable for me right now. Maybe add a giant t-shirt if I'm feeling extra modest lol
  •  EDD? 1/7

Symptoms? Hip pain, joint pain ( one night I woke up and my wrists hurt??) Insomnia. Most nights I fall asleep between 12-2am. Haven't tried unisom yet but I'm getting some tomorrow. 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Not until 10/3. 

R/R/Q: we are turning the back room into a play room for DD. We cleaned it out this weekend. I love planning and decorating. 

GTKY: What is your favorite piece of maternity clothing right now? Hmm I guess jeans. I have a couple pairs from Target. I like them better than the other ones I have because they are a lighter material. Some of the ones are heavy duty and I just can't do that while it's still 90+ degress everyday. 
  • @tosh24 all of the clothes on that website are adorable! Do they ever have any good sales that you know of ?

EDD? 1/1

Symptoms? Heartburn, Insomnia, and I also got my first Charlie horse the other morning, I forgot how much they hurt!

Upcoming appointments?  Sept. 18 for my glucose screening.

R/R/Q: I can feel baby kick a lot more now, but sometimes the kicks are uncomfortable especially if I am sitting when baby decides to start kicking. I don't remember DS kicking this hard this early.

GTKY: What is your favorite piece of maternity clothing right now? My old nursing tank top. I hate wearing a bra right now my but my boobs are getting heavier so I need the support. I love the nursing tank I got from target and need to buy some more before baby #2 arrives

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @drabong88 If you sign up for emails, they'll email you all the deals. I find their stuff a bit on the pricier side (compared to Motherhood) but it is also better quality. I have mat clothes of theirs I'm still using after 7 years. The deal I used last week was 25% off regular styles, plus I then just searched the web for a coupon code and ended up getting another $10 off. Because I spent over $80, I got $50 to use in October toward a purchase, and I shopped through ebates and got 4% cash back. I bought 3 items and with the discounts, ended up only paying for the equivalent of 2. It's a Canadian company but they do ship to the continental U.S. ($12 shipping fee, though). 

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• EDD? 1/4

Symptoms? My hips and ribs are so sore! Anyone else? Thankfully my back is starting to feel better with some prenatal yoga. 

Upcoming appointments? 9/18

R/R/Q: I'm new to the bump, what does this mean?
  • @sarahhartman29 I also found yoga to be extremely helpful. Are you sore from sleeping on your side? Try just propping one hip with a pillow so that you're sort of on your side, but sort of on your back. It allows you to keep off the hip and ribs, but not be flat on your back.

RRQ is rants, raves, questions.
  •  EDD? 1/4

Symptoms? feeling slow- I can't walk very fast, I can't focus, I can't find the right words. Ugh. Also, crazy dreams that wake me up all night long. 

Upcoming appointments? Next Friday I have another cervix check. Next regular appointment is 10/4.

R/R/Q: Its been really hard to find time to get online here. I get so frustrated on the app that I kind of just stopped. But I miss participating on here, so I'm trying to make time. 

GTKY: What is your favorite piece of maternity clothing right now? NOTHING. I tolerate my Motherhood v-neck T-shirts and jeans for work most days, but then I get home and put on the loosest/least amount of clothing possible. 
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • EDD? January 7th

Symptoms? Lots of snacking throughout the day but otherwise I feel pretty normal. RLP and sciatica flares up in the evenings

Upcoming appointments? Glucose appointment next Monday. They gave me the drink to take home this time and drink before I come.

R/R/Q: Rave: I went to the gym yesterday! I am trying to be more active now that I'm feeling better!

GTKY: What is your favorite piece of maternity clothing right now? I love this top right now! It's super comfy and flattering https://www.motherhood.com/cap-sleeve-tie-detail-maternity-tunic/006-97710-024-001.html?cgid=clothing-tops-shirts&dwvar_006-97710-024-001_color=006-97710-66#start=1 
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @drabong88 I just had my first charlie horse in the middle of the night last night, man oh man

• @KLS123 @drabong88 I had one last night too! Luckily I remembered to flex and not point my foot to stretch it out, so I wasn't screaming in pain like last time. If either of you find a good remedy to stop these, let me know! 

@emmaaa I bought that shirt in an older black/white pattern at the consignment store this weekend! Looking forward to wearing it soon. 

@jandd2014 I hear you on the focus situation. Around 2:30 all hope for productivity goes out the window. It generally comes back in the evening for a couple of hours thankfully. If you find a way to focus, please share. Squirrel! 

• @alexandraseattle charley horse/leg cramps can be a sign of a couple of things: dehydration and a deficiency in potassium and/or magnesium. Remember to drink plenty of water and try adding in a banana a day as well as magnesium-rich foods or a supplement. I take a magnesium supplement before bed. I was taking 150mg but that wasn't working well enough so now I take 300mg (pregnant women need ~350mg total/day) and i haven't had a single charley horse in a week (I was getting multiple a night).

TFAS since 2012

• @gorgeousariel the wrist pain in the middle of the night is normal. It’s likely carpal tunnel. I had it BAD with DD1. Thankfully it’s mild so far this time. 
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• edited September 2018
    @emmaaa good luck with the glucose test!
    @jandd2014 same! I am as naked as I can stand without being too cold -- DW likes the AC on pretty low and its still hot by me!

EDD? 
    1/7 

Symptoms? Gas, heartburn, sore stomach muscles, sore muscle that the doc says is the top of my abs and right at my sternum which hurts like a b*tch when I lean weird or sneeze, sooo emotional, restless leg syndrome...all the fun things!, insomnia

Upcoming appointments? 24 week appt next Fri and will be getting info on the glucose test I'll take in week 26

R/R/Q: I hate cheesy gag games/party things...and TBH I hate being the center of attention... and my MIL is throwing our baby shower (with my own mom who is recovering from a hip surgery so she can't do too much at the moment) so I'm struggling with not really knowing what's happening for it.  They mean well and I am so grateful they're throwing us a beautiful party...AND I'm terrified of the games and things they're planning. We just have very different ideas about things like this (my idea is not to have a shower!) We told them no diaper-smelling games, no measuring my belly games, and no games questioning the sex of the baby (we haven't and aren't telling anyone what the sex is). I keep telling myself it's all good and it's all out of love.  I know I won't be mad or angry day-of with whatever happens, but as a person who likes to plan and be in control (so I know what to avoid and how to mentally prepare) this is rough!

GTKY: What is your favorite piece of maternity clothing right now? Besides maternity leggings/pants which are gamechangers with the over-the-belly bands, this cowl neck sweatshirt from Target which I got in a light blue color in store.  It is so soft and snuggly.  LOVE! 

Edited: link didn't work originally
    Edit again: to add insomnia as a symptom...at 3:30am  :(

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @BitterBetty12 thanks! It was so weird. I woke up and my  WHOLE body hurt 
  •  EDD? 
    1/5
     Symptoms? 
    Lots of baby movement which is making me kind of nauseous. Does anyone else just feel like they're on a rollercoaster all the time? I've also been exhausted lately - like back to 1st trimester levels falling asleep on the couch every night. This directly coincides with me slacking lately on my iron supplements so I should probably try to remember to take those.
     Upcoming appointments? 
    Monthly check in with my CNM next Monday. I assume we'll be scheduling the glucose test then.
     R/R/Q: 
    Rant: I'm already stressed about how I can possibly transfer all of my work to somebody else during maternity leave. I'm already doing the job of two people and the only person available for me to train is a new hire straight out of college who's been here for one month.  Basically throwing a pity party for myself because I honestly don't think people appreciate how much work I do here.
    Rave: I'm just so excited that it's finally starting to feel like fall!
    I'm with @Ghostie625 and love showing off my belly these days in all of the stretchy body-con maternity dresses that I would never feel comfortable wearing previously. 
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    edited September 2018

R/R/Q: I hate cheesy gag games/party things...and TBH I hate being the center of attention... and my MIL is throwing our baby shower (with my own mom who is recovering from a hip surgery so she can't do too much at the moment) so I'm struggling with not really knowing what's happening for it.  They mean well and I am so grateful they're throwing us a beautiful party...AND I'm terrified of the games and things they're planning. We just have very different ideas about things like this (my idea is not to have a shower!) We told them no diaper-smelling games, no measuring my belly games, and no games questioning the sex of the baby (we haven't and aren't telling anyone what the sex is). I keep telling myself it's all good and it's all out of love.  I know I won't be mad or angry day-of with whatever happens, but as a person who likes to plan and be in control (so I know what to avoid and how to mentally prepare) this is rough!

I'm struggling with this as well. My sister tends to go all out Pinterest level shower games and I really really don't want that at all. I finally convinced her that if we are going to do a shower at all, it will be a co-ed BBQ with little to no games, no diaper cakes, etc.
    She finally agreed (I think) but is not very pleased with me which is weird because you know, I'm the one who is pregnant? 

ETA: she is also mad that we aren't finding out the gender. Because again, it's totally her decision and is all about her right? *eye roll*
  • @KLS123 @rooonilwaazlib I'm with you guys on the baby shower anxiety. I'm letting my mom do pretty much whatever she wants although it kills me not to be in control.  My only request is that my husband and some of his friends can be there too so the whole day isn't so focused on just me. You'd think my mom would be a little more understanding of this as the person who has had to drive me to weekly therapy appointments as a child to deal with my anxiety, but I'm definitely getting some sass on it not being her perfect definition of a baby shower. (She's like "but the boys won't even like the games!" and I'm like NOBODY likes the games haha).  I'm giving myself until the end of the week to sit with this before I decide if I just want to go with it or politely decline a traditional shower and just host a co-ed party to celebrate at the brewery I live across the street from..
  • @kaf1788 I'm with you on the exhaustion! I legit fell asleep at work yesterday, for...awhile. I decided to take today off to rest. I'm so happy I did. 

I'm actually not stressed/anxious about my shower! My sister and mom are flying in to host it, and it's going to be a pretty small affair at my house. I don't have very many girlfriends in this city and no family on my side or DH's. I'm letting her run wild with whatever she wants to do, I just told her not to spend too much money on it. She did ask me to pick a theme, and I chose baby woodland animals. I'm excited to just show up and not have to plan anything! I feel like I have to plan so much that it's nice to have zero responsibility. 
  • +1 to not caring much about the shower. The SIL is handling it and just doing an open house type of thing. It'll be what it'll be. 

• I'm actually kind of surprised with myself how chill and hands off I've been with my shower, considering my normal need to know all the details about everything.  I think it helps that my BFF is hosting, and she feels the same way I do about lame shower games (especially that terrible belly measuring game, in what freaking universe is that ok?)

• @bradleysmommy28 That is so sweet of your mom! Such a weight off your shoulders!
  • edited September 2018
    YES to the shower thread...ours invite list is (lord help me) 70 people because when the moms got involved they insisted on inviting their own circles of friends and random extended family. Like why do I need to celebrate with people whom I have never met or met once?  I don't need gifts that badly but whatever.  It is what it is.  

The games....why any at all!?  Why not just have a party with the theme of "hey come and we will feed you (brunch at a delicious restaurant) and we'll make sure to chat with you about baby things and thank you for your support." People ask me what the theme of the shower is and I say "BABY."  I am the worst at this! Too bad the mimosas will be off limits for me!   :s 

My MIL keeps obsessing over the favors.... candles, soap, etc.  Like no, no one really likes those things.  So my wife and I ordered personalized M&Ms in pretty pastel colors, and a ginormous bag of gummy bears (the centerpieces my MIL made are baby blocks with teddy bears on top) and we'll make tags that say "Thank you beary much" - the candy will be dispersed into little mason jars.  At least people get candy and a nice jar to take home.  I resent all but the most practical (and edible) of party favors at most events.  And yes, she made us get our own favors together because we didn't like any of her ideas.  Sorry your ideas were the worst! 

I'm glad we can commiserate together on this board though.  We will all be gracious pregnant ladies and are truly grateful people want to share in this joy...but it's a lot and I feel like a fat little show pony!

Edited: Spelling

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019