December 2018 Moms

Fitness check in - 9/10

It's been about a month since we've had a fitness check in.  How are things going on the fitness front?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Fitness check in - 9/10

• Loading the player...
  • What is this fitness you speak of? Lol. I have not done a single work out since finding out I’m preggo. I do walk a lot daily and do stuff around the house. I feel like at this point why jinx myself by working out??? 
  • @texas_t Water aerobics sounds fun! 

@countrygirl624 Walking counts :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So impressed with everyone's strength and motivation!!

@kadeephd Yeah, prenatal yoga classes around me are CRAZY expensive. I've been happy with my yoga mat at home and finding prenatal yoga youtube videos to follow. But not the same level of relaxation as a class with instructor corrections when necessary...

@ab_canada I hope you made it today! If I force myself to do something even when I feel super crappy, I almost always feel better afterwards. Hope this is the case for you too. 

I've been trying to do something small/short every day. I mostly do indoor cycling since we have a trainer at home which is nice (don't feel comfortable biking outdoors in the city/with traffic anymore), and otherwise I try to make it to pool for a swim once a week, and some barre classes 2-3 times a week. Not pushing as hard as I used to, but feel like I haven't lost too much strength. Just feel so much more exhausted after every workout, so I might cut back a bit soon. 

• @shevsky I did make it! Now I want allll the carbs...  :D

• @ab_canada yumm what's for lunch?! 
  • @shevsky Lol, this is a fitness thread and here we are talking about lunch. Mild Italian Sausage (locally made) and tomato/basil rice :) 

• whit789whit789 member
    edited September 2018
    @kadeephd I’m also doing a combo of videos and prenatal yoga, with a good amount of walking and toddler wrangling too. @omnommer I also feel so much better after doing something active and stretching. I get winded and sweaty by the littlest things, but on the upside the endorphins really work their magic. @HelloAnnie! I’m impressed by the 5:30am workout, I set my alarm for 5:30 all last week with the hope of exercising and having a quiet cup of tea before DS got up...didn’t happen once ugh. 
  • HelloAnnie!HelloAnnie! member
    edited September 2018
    @whit789, at 5:30 I am too tired to talk myself out of it!  Otherwise I would never work out!
    DD Born July 2011
    TTC#2 for 4 years: multiple rounds of IVF, M/Cs, lots of tears.  Cautiously optimistic about #2 EDD 12/29/18
  • Hi! I'm new to the commenting thing (first time poster 😳). I'm due December 14 and training for a half marathon on October 14 and still teach spin classes. I work full time and have a very active toddler and having a hard time finding the energy to get in more than 2-3 runs during the week which is really dragging down my pace. Any suggestions for boosting energy when pre-workout isn't an option? Or are there any pre-works that are pregnancy safe?
  • hoosiermama-2hoosiermama-2 member
    edited September 2018
    It sounds like as a current instructor yourself, you might be asking the wrong crowd for advice here. :D 
    I don't even know what a "pre-workout" is. Like a warm-up? 

ETA: I'm not snarking at you, just cracking jokes. 
  • @hoosiermama-2 it's like a super high caffeine supplement  that you take before working out to give a boost to your workout so you can go harder (but without all the added crap they put in an energy drink). I'll do some research and let know if I find anything relatively comparable that's safe for pregnancy 😉
  • @hartski8 Welcome! Props to you for still being so active, that's great! As far as the pre-workout goes, I'm pretty sure all supplements are deemed unsafe for pregnancy since they aren't regulated by the FDA, but I could be wrong. I just make sure to drink my cup of coffee close to working out so I feel a little more energized, and then I just kinda fake it 'til I make it, hah.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers