How are you feeling?

What are you currently reading?

Me: 32 / DH: 33
DD born: 3/31/19

Re: Week 3 (4/15-4/21) Check in w/o 9/10

• Loading the player...
  • Due date: 4/18/19

Any appointments? Friday, 9/14 I have the NIPT test

Questions? Any STM's have experience with NIPT? I saw the thread on it but it's more reasons why you should have it rather than experience with the test itself.

How are you feeling? A lot better after taking the Unisom over the weekend, but I'm ready to be out of first tri. I woke up out of a dead sleep to puke last night so it has helped but not completely. I'm tired, I'm constantly hungry while also nauseous, and my patience is nonexistent. Four more weeks!

A Tear in the Veil, Expecting 411, Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy, and Baby 411

• Due date: 4/16/19

Any appointments? Not this week.

Questions? None today.

How are you feeling? Saturday morning I woke up with no symptoms. I ate all the things and then instantly worried that I had miscarried. Spent the rest of the day fighting off panic until my nausea came back that evening. Today all of my symptoms are back at full force. Yay?

What are you currently reading? Just finished Expecting Better by Emily Oster.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • kaleesi93 said:
    Questions? Best maternity/nursing bra recommendations.. I've made myself crosseyed with google but I just want something comfortable, and supportive without underwire.. maybe that's too much to ask but I'm worn out with so much boob pain. Looking at H&M currently
    I really liked the Body Silk Seamless nursing bra from Bravado while I was home on maternity leave. It was super comfortable and semi-supportive which was just what I wanted around the house. I typically want a bit more support and definition (read underwire) when I am going to work though so I haven't made the switch yet.
  • Due date: 4/19

Any appointments? Not until week 11

Questions? What foods are y’all managing to choke down, other than saltines? I feel like i don’t have food aversions. I have food aversion. As in, all food. 

How are you feeling? See above. I now hate eating. Not super nauseated, as long as I’m not smelling or eating food. 

What are you currently reading? Some Nora Roberts romance. Have a bunch of other books on hold via my library app, but none are free yet. 

@eli_belle I loooove Expecting better! I seriously recommend it to everyone. I need to reread it this time around. 

@harveyisaboysname are you enjoying Girl Wash Your Face? I had mixed feelings. I really loved parts, other parts felt really trite and like they were ignoring systemic problems having to do with issues like poverty and race and so on. 
  • Due date: april 15

Any appointments? My next appt and ultrasound are oct 1!  We will be drawing blood and finding out babys gender soon after! :-)

Questions? Not today

How are you feeling?better than last week! But still not great.

What are you currently reading? I havent had much time to read, my 15 month old son keeps me busy!!

• @sheknows6 i had the nipt testing done with my son and ill have it again with this pregnancy.  What did you want to know? :-)
  • @professormama I loved the beginning of the book, but then it got too religious for me. She mentioned god about a thousand times and I’m 0% religious so it kind of killed my connection with the book. I’m struggling to finish the last few chapters. 
  • @harveyisaboysname I know what you mean. I was raise very religious so that didn’t bother me as much, but I can see how it would turn you off. It definitely seems a bit naive at times too. So yeah, mixed feelings. I do have to say that it did make me feel a little more motivated to finish writing my own book (academic). So there’s something. 
  • @lbush109 how many vials did they take? were there any issues with the validity of the results? any personal experience you had that you'd pass on to a FTM having it done? Did you use Matern21 or a different brand?

I'm assuming because you're having it done again that you are happy with it, but would love your take on it.

• Due date: 04/18

Any appointments? Had a dating ultrasound on Thursday - baby measured 8 weeks which was exactly where he or she should!  Next one is on Columbus Day for nuchal translucency and the free DNA test. Can't wait to find out what this babe is!

Questions? Nope.

How are you feeling? Generally good!  Nausea's been subsiding, and hormones seem a bit more level. But I am TIRED and my body hurts: pregnancy + back to work + recovering from knee surgery is a combination I wouldn't recommend!

What are you currently reading? Into the Wild - a reread since I assigned it to my AP Lit kids and forgot more than I'd like to admit!

@pr@professormama This isn't exactly great for you, but when I can't stomach anything else, I drink a Carnation Instant Breakfast. It makes me feel like I'm putting SOME kind of nutrients into my body. (I also used to drink them with my grandma as a kid, so there's a comfort element that helps).

@ka@kaleesi93 I liked Motherhood's seamless nursing bra - it was surprisingly supportive even with no underwire, comfortable, and affordable!
  • Due date: 4/20 - back to OG EDD

Any appointments? Not until 10/4 for a doppler check. We've scheduled all of my appointments up until the A/S at the beginning of December, I feel like this pregnancy is already flying by.

Questions? How in the world do you all have time to read?! 

How are you feeling? Tired, back pain, nausea in the afternoon/evening, headache during the same time. My bloat is getting big enough that sleeping on my stomach is starting to become uncomfortable. So I'm also waking up multiple times per night to re-situate. Fun stuff.

What are you currently reading? See Question. Does TB count? I honestly love reading but ever since DD made her arrival, I have no energy to read after she goes to bed. The last book I remember reading was the HP book that came out in theatre form. And that was almost two years ago. I read it because I had a week off in between jobs!

@professormama eating has been rough for me too. DH is making chili tonight (which makes me want to gag but we have the ingredients). I've been stocking up on snack things that I generally can stomach so if I can't eat what they are eating for dinner, I have something to eat. Yogurt/granola has been good so far. And I've been eating my weight in jolly ranchers. 

• Due date: 4/18

Any appiontments? I have weekly ultrasounds due to Graves’ disease and two recent back to back miscarriages. So I will go back for a viability ultrasound on 4/19. We saw our little bean wiggling around last week and it was a great feeling.

Questions?

How are you feeling? I feel surprisingly well/normal. I’m not nearly as nauseous as my first two pregnancies. I only start to feel bad if I haven’t eaten enough.

What are you currently reading? Nada lol
  • @middy411 I'm officially in the same boat with my Graves- labs came back elevated, so it seems this pregnancy has officially kicked me out of remission :( I expect to go back on PTU and be placed on increased monitoring.

• @sheknows6 i cant remember exactly how many vials it was but i dont remember it being an alarming amount.  The results were 100% correct.  I guess my advice would be, be ready to wait 2 weeks for the results.  Also be sure you speak with your insurance about it.  I was told it would be covered only to receive a $650 bill because my deductible wasn't met.  Had i just paid out of pocket instead of submitting it through insurance, it would have only cost me $150.  I used Panorama if I remember correctly.  But that was only because thats what my insurance said they would cover.   I will use whichever has the cheapest self pay option this time.

I did like the test because I know the gender that much sooner and also im considered high risk because i have an uncle with down syndrome, even though it was from maternal age.  My grandmother was around 40 when she had him.  I definitely prefer it over waiting 20 weeks and also its much more accurate for genetic disorders and gender.  Let me know if you have any other questions  :-)
  • Due date: 04/20

Any appointments?
    Had ultrasound and first appointment today. Everything looked great and had some meds written for nausea. ( I didn’t have any in last pregnancy and this pregnancy is polar opposite.)

Questions? 
    None yet 

How are you feeling?
    I have no appetite and feel pretty nauseous. I also have been having some insomnia recently, which is also way different than my last pregnancy. Anyone else have insomnia?

I’m currently working on a post graduate degree, so nothing besides school work. 
  • @sheknows6 I had Maternit21 done with my son since he had a spot on his heart during a US (a soft marker for Downs) and was happy with it. I don't recall how much blood, but we got results in a week and they seem accurate.

@professormama pretzels.  So many pretzels. Some days just pretzels and iced tea.

Due date: 4/15 but seems like now I will deliver sometime in March (can I still hang here??)

Any appointments? Sept 26 NT and US and my next OB is 10/9

Questions?  WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH TWO BABIES AT ONCE

How are you feeling? Still nauseous and tired. Now freaking out about twins.

What are you currently reading? The Comedown - I'm not super sure how to describe it - I'm only about 10% through, but it's following two families throughout a few generations, and covers the Kent State shootings and the drug scene in Cleveland in the late 70s. 

• @MRDCle mmmm pretzels and ice tea actually sound good. Also, my edd is 4/19 but there’s a good chance I could deliver end of March as well. I’m hanging here. Sticking with the edd board instead of a new one when I don’t KNOW I’ll go early. 
  • @eli_belle and @ashtuesday thank you so much! Making a beeline to check those out now <3
    @professormama... plums. Just. All the plums. And smoothies, they're fast and don't smell very strongly and I can hide all kind of things in them since I'm really struggling with getting anywhere near enough nutrition. 
  • @professormama Pancakes and microwaved baked potatoes have been my staples. It's lots of carbs, but at least it's calories? Plus somehow the pancakes make it so I can keep down my morning medications, so I've been sticking with them. Before I found that I ate a lot of dry chex and gummy bears lol.
  • Due date: 04/15/19

Any appointments? Next week...I can't remember what day and I can't find my planner (the first time I've ever lost it... pregnancy brain!!)

Questions? How are you guys stomaching going to the grocery store?? It makes me so nauseous thinking that much about food!

How are you feeling? Exhausted. I think I've been fighting a cold on top of the usual fatigue and it's taking it all out of me. I'm still nauseous, though now not constantly (thank goodness!! I was so miserable!) just mostly in the late afternoon/evening. I feel like I'm being useless right now though!! All I do is sleep, eat and sit on the couch (theoretically I'm going for walks a few times a week, but walking often makes me more nauseous)

What are you currently reading? The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding from La Leche League, and a book on baby signs. I highly recommend the BF book!!

• Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Had one last week and got to see the heartbeat! It felt so great to see the little bean floating around in there. I have another next week so I can get NIPT.

Questions? None!

How are you feeling? Starting to feel a bit better. The doctor also said that since I haven’t had morning sickness yet, I may have escaped it! I still feel quite hungover all day every day, but crossing my fingers that things are looking up. DH and I have a trip planned for 2 weeks when I’ll be 10-11 weeks so I’d love to start feeling better.

i read the first trimester section of Expecting Better, which is fantastic. Also reading The Goldfinch which is really good, but incredibly long.
  • @molecularmolly
    I went shopping last night and was mostly useless... the only thing I was interested in was plums.
    My Bf and I always shop together so one of us is usually on our game and that makes things easier... I dont have any super helpful advice but I do know the struggle. 
  • Due date: 4/21

Any appointments?
    We have an appointment tonight, first meet and greet with the midwife. Hopefully we get along well. 
    Questions? 

How are you feeling?
    Nauseous all the time and very little appetite. I mean I get hungry, but nothing sounds tempting to eat. I mostly get by on soups and cheese sandwiches. 
    Finding it really hard to stick to my low carb diet when all I want is potatoes in all forms and bread. Hoping to get some food guidance from the midwife today. I already have a high Bmi because I've always been short and curvy, but it's hard to know how to eat healthy when all sallads and such taste too bitter. All I can really manage are super familiar flavors and bland things. 

I've been reading the book Americanah for a while now, and it's good but I can't seem to find time to get to the end. 
  • @MRDCle since we're both predicted for similar dates, I guess we'll have to see which twins come first
  • @molecularmolly yessssss to Womanly Art of Breastfeeding! Such an amazing resource when baby comes along and you’re like, wtf, mastitis? Clog? Why isn’t this latch working? I think my boob is suffocating her? And also when you have to push back against people who are saying “why are you still breastfeeding”?
  • Due date: 4/19... I’ve been posting in the week 2 group but had my EDD pushed back a week at my apt last week so hi!

Any appointments? Not until oct 3

Questions? Not today

How are you feeling? After reading this thread I’m going to consider myself one of the lucky ones! Mild nausea but that has calmed down a lot, fatigue, fat... I’ve been feeling the urge to start exercising again after a few weeks hiatus but haven’t gotten quite there yet

What are you currently reading? Do the 20 books I read to my 2 year old every night count? I just requested a book from the library called “whole pregnancy” or something like that... I need motivation to get my eating back on track and thought that might help 

• @sheknows6 so sorry to hear your Graves’ issues have returned. The PTU is really helping me. My number has come down from about 7.44 to 1.19. Still improving in other areas but at least it’s not off the charts anymore. Hopefully it can help get your numbers in check too.
  • Due date: April 18

Any appointments? I was able to get my first prenatal appointment moved up from September 25 to September 19! Only a week away now. I'm so anxious to see my little one.

Questions? Not really.

How are you feeling? Mostly just exhausted. I haven't been quite as sick lately, but every few days I'll have a bout of nausea.

What are you currently reading? I need a new book to read. I finished Crazy Rich Asians shortly before the movie came out and haven't started anything else yet.

• Any appointments?  Not til the 24th. 

Questions? Not at the moment!

How are you feeling?  Actually pretty good.  I'm feeling a little normal again!  :)  I just wish my skin would clear up.  I didn't with my last.  :(

Reading?  Other than the bump boards?  I don't have time.   Maybe I should get an audio book for my commute? 
  • Due date: 4/21/19

Any appointments? Final u/s with my RE 9/13!

Questions? Do you all have problems trying not to let people know you're PG, epsecially when they ask you to help them do dangerous things like heavy lifting and cleaning gutter, etc? Or is it not a problem?

How are you feeling? Nausea is still here. Still tired but less so. The cramping is weird, feels like creatures moving inside me now. 

What are you currently reading? Going back over some of my favorite poetry books, currently News of the World by Peter Fallon. I'll be buying some more baby and nursing books in the 2nd trimester, can't wait for that.

Me: 29 DW: 44
  • @sheepshepherdess yes! I just want to tell everyone. Like I hate going through one of the hardest parts of pregnancy and trying to politely keep it to myself. I’m already huge due to this being my 3rd baby very close to my previous ones. One person has already asked and I plan to just stop caring about “hiding”. I won’t announce on social media or anything til after I tel my family (14 weeks) but I’m done tip toeing around lol
  • Due date: 4/20

Any appointments? Just had my final US with my RE yesterday. Everything went really well and babe was measuring one day ahead with a strong HB  <3<3

Questions? No Questions. Just trying to keep my sanity until my first OB appt. 
    @sheepshepherdess we just decided this morning that if someone asks, we're not going to lie or 'hide' it anymore. we were really open with our IVF and FET journey so alot of people know that we either are or aren't at this point. 

How are you feeling? Definitley still experiencing nausea but my throwing up is less frequent!

What are you currently reading? Nothing right now. I love reading but have been too tired at night to even think about it :( 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• *dirty lurking from week 1* @sheknows6 FTM here, but I just got NIPT drawn yesterday (brand: Counsyl). I HATE blood draws in general, but this one was very fast, just one vial. Before that, I had to go through an hour of group genetic counseling to be eligible.
  • @sheepshepherdess we already spilled the beans to everyone. Once we had done the first ultra sound we just didn't want to have to go through potential grief alone or hold back our excitement. Of course it still feels nervous something might happen, but I waswas never good with keeping a poker face or a straight face, so it feels better that people know. Have you guys told anyone? 
  • Due date: April 21 2019

Any appointments? Not yet. My doctor was on vacation so my first appt isnt until my 10 week mark Bahhh.

Questions? Just wanting my appt so I can reassure myself that everything is ok.

How are you feeling? Fat, tired and nauseous but that's good so Ill deal with it.

What are you currently reading? We are Water by Wally Lamb (a bit depressing)

• @mamma_swede We've told 3 close friends, and that's it so far. No one even knows we've been TTC so we haven't had to lie directly, except about Dr's appts. I agree with you, I think it might be time to tell more folks. I just hate the idea of my entire small town knowing!
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • @sheepshepherdess yeah I get if it feels daunting that a whole village knows, and maybe we should have waited until after genetic testing and screening for problems. I just couldn't keep it secret, and now it would be a lot to tell people if things go wrong. Last time I had a MC it was earlier though, and my husband did the job of telling everyone. It was nice to get to just be on the sideline and get the sympathies. Really hoping that won't have to be the case this time though! And I hope that if your town finds out there'll be some great supportive people there and not just gossips. 
  • @sheepshepherdess Last pregnancy, I was in a town (technically, hamlet) of 230 people and it was definitely news. But there were 5 of us pregnant at the same time so everyone was thrilled for the baby boom. And honestly, even though I didn’t really want to share with everyone early on, it was super supportive and I ended up with gifts dropped off at my house or left in my car when DD was born.

this time around, we’re in a village of 4000, so can maintain some anonymity!