May 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms - 9/10

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms - 9/10

• @k2k2tog
    I work for a school, but I don't get summers off. Still, it's a much less busy time of the year for me, so it works out well. I wish I could say I planned it that way, but this was a surprise baby. Perhaps the universe knows what's best... :)
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • So the weekend is upon us.. how the hell are y’all keeping people from finding out? My appt isn’t for another 3 weeks. It’s college football season, people! :# My husband and I are very much social drinkers, so it’s hard being sneaky. Especially since our friends already know about the water in beer bottles trick from my first pregnancy. 

• Loading the player...
  • msb615 said:
    So the weekend is upon us.. how the hell are y’all keeping people from finding out? My appt isn’t for another 3 weeks. It’s college football season, people! :# My husband and I are very much social drinkers, so it’s hard being sneaky. Especially since our friends already know about the water in beer bottles trick from my first pregnancy. 

Can't you just carry the same beer can/bottle around most of the day? Are people really paying that much attention to what/how much you drink?
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @sleepy33 I might could get away with doing that again. I’m sure I’m probably overthinking it, but our friends also know we’ve been talking about trying for a second. 
  • @msb615 my dear friend went through the same thing. She recommends having one friend at said party know so that they can help sell it. For instance, that friend took a sip of her drink and “confirmed” that it was alcohol. Granted the friend didn’t know beforehand and was able to guess before he tasted the drink, but kept it under wraps because he could tell she wasn’t ready to share the good news with everyone yet. Hope this helps! 
  • @beccabek92 That’s a good idea too! However, the only people that know right now are my husband and sister in law. I wouldn’t mind telling our close friends, but I worry about other people finding out.. It’d be so much easier if we had our appt already to make sure everything was fine. 
  • I already don’t drink so it makes it a lot easier for me to hide! Sushi might give me away though, I’m so glad I had a few last sushi dinners before this. Spicy salmon is what I order EVERY time. But luckily no sushi plans in the near future. 

I scheduled my appointment today! I know it’s early but I forgot how quickly my OB books up so I just wanted to have one set. October 16! We’re going to England the 2-11 so hopefully I can calm my ish during that trip and not spill the beans to my husband’s family and my college friends we’re visiting.

I also don’t know what to expect bump-wise with this second pregnancy. Before my first I was pretty thin and I think I “popped” around 17 weeks. I have been doing okay losing the weight, didn’t reach my pre-preg weight but I got pretty close, but the mom pooch tends to bust out after I eat :lol: Third time moms - when did you really look pregnant with your second?

• @DuchessOfCambridge I've read you show about a month earlier than with your first which sounds about right from the STMs in my last BMB. Your uterus doesn't shrink all the way which is why, but I had also heard that your ab muscles have stretched, too, so they won't hold it in as much. Not sure if both are accurate but I do think that time between pregnancies and/or if you did ab exercises might impact it a bit, too.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• msb615 said:
    So the weekend is upon us.. how the hell are y’all keeping people from finding out? My appt isn’t for another 3 weeks. It’s college football season, people! :# My husband and I are very much social drinkers, so it’s hard being sneaky. Especially since our friends already know about the water in beer bottles trick from my first pregnancy. 

I'm going to a wedding this weekend, and my husband and I are also very much social drinkers...we are known wine aficionados to both sides of the family, in all our friends groups, basically everyone we know...it is very hard to hide now. Our plan is to switch glasses once he drinks about half of one...so then my glass would look half empty (or half full if you prefer!). I'll probably also drink club soda with lime, because I'm also known as a G&T fan!
  • @DuchessOfCambridge @kvh22 I am definitely showing a bit already at almost 7 weeks. Some of it is bloat, but it's already firm and I can't suck it in so I have to be pretty careful with my clothes lol. I didn't show until about 12ish weeks last time.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @DuchessOfCambridge I’m going to miss sushi! At least you had your last meal of it. It’s been a while since we have unfortunately!

I’ve been wondering how soon to expect the 2nd baby bump too. I finally (after about 18m) got back to my prepregnancy weight, but still have the mom pooch, especially after eating! I also already feel so bloated which seems kind of early for that too.  :|
  • edited September 2018
    @kvh22 that’s interesting because I had a few ultrasounds done at 2 and 3 months postpartum (for odd pain) and was told my uterus was back to normal size! I believe it on the ab muscles though. My abs were definitely getting better with the BBG workout I was doing and I was legitimately stronger, but I only made it through 6 weeks.  

ETA my son is 10 months so I haven’t waited very long. Could definitely see myslef popping early because of that. 

• I didn't even think about showing! I'm only W4 with #2, so I've got some time, haha. I've lost 80lbs post breastfeeding, so people will probably just think I'm gaining it back at first! I'm determined not to gain anywhere near as much this time around, so hopefully I have a cute little bump. 

Any teachers out there already over this school year? My freshman are somehow even more immature than ever before. 
  • @JennZed I wish my husband drank wine bc that would definitely work! Maybe I could put sparkling grape juice in a wine glass and get away with it. I usually don’t drink liquor, but if I did, that’d be perfect! Ugh, I feel like people are going to sniff it out regardless since it’s  only a few friends that usually come over to hang out and watch the game, and not a big party or wedding. It’s so much effort to hide it that part of me wants to just tell, and have them promise to keep quiet. It’s still soo early though. 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I've read your uterus doesn't go all the way back a lot of places, so maybe they meant "normal after pregnancy?"

• I already don’t drink so it makes it a lot easier for me to hide! Sushi might give me away though, I’m so glad I had a few last sushi dinners before this. Spicy salmon is what I order EVERY time. But luckily no sushi plans in the near future. 

I scheduled my appointment today! I know it’s early but I forgot how quickly my OB books up so I just wanted to have one set. October 16! We’re going to England the 2-11 so hopefully I can calm my ish during that trip and not spill the beans to my husband’s family and my college friends we’re visiting.

I also don’t know what to expect bump-wise with this second pregnancy. Before my first I was pretty thin and I think I “popped” around 17 weeks. I have been doing okay losing the weight, didn’t reach my pre-preg weight but I got pretty close, but the mom pooch tends to bust out after I eat :lol: Third time moms - when did you really look pregnant with your second?
    I'd say about 14 weeks maybe a littke sooner.  But I'm already heavy so my clothes quit fitting really fast. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• kvh22 said:
    @DuchessOfCambridge I've read your uterus doesn't go all the way back a lot of places, so maybe they meant "normal after pregnancy?"
    Im pretty sure it was prepregnancy size which aligns with everything I’ve read about it. Uterus generally goes back to original size 6-8 weeks after delivery

• kvh22kvh22 member
    edited September 2018
    @DuchessOfCambridge google says you're right. My bad! Not sure what I read, then  :#

ETA: this was the first thing I saw when I was looking up when you start showing (https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/changing/your-second-pregnancy/) which says it doesn't but if you google "when will uterus go back to pre-pregnancy size" everything says it does.

• @kvh22 there’s soooo much out there, it’s difficult to weed through! I was also in denial for a while about it because I was like no way, I still have a pooch, my uterus can’t possibly be back to normal :lol:

• @msb615 I am playing the "designated driver" card when we go out with friends tomorrow night. Also the "trying to slim down card" might work if I order healthy at dinner...except I am totally going straight for the fries. 
  • @minnemiska I never ever offer to be the DD  :D:D:D I have been trying to work out more these past few months, so maybe they’ll go for that. I think I’m just going to have to try laying low until the appointment. 
  • Well DH and I are fighting.  Hes pissed I won't give him money for a wow card since I need gas to get the kids to school monday and tuesday. 

• @psychobutthead I’m sorry...I hate fighting with DH. What’s a wow card? Can it really be more important than gas $$ to get the kids to school? Come on, man! He sounds like he’s being very unreasonable.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • secicc12 said:
    @psychobutthead I’m sorry...I hate fighting with DH. What’s a wow card? Can it really be more important than gas $$ to get the kids to school? Come on, man! He sounds like he’s being very unreasonable.
    Wow is world of warcraft.  You can buy a giftcard for it and it lets you subscribe monthly to world of warcraft. His subscription ran out.  We have been having money trouble because of him.  He spent $1,000 on fast food and corner storea by himself last month.  None of our bills were paid on time because of him. I told him we wete going on a budget until we can get a savings together and better manage our money. 

So far we have bee. On budget and all bills paid on time.  Because I paid the house on time we will have $22 left in our account.  I cashed in my two change jars for our needs like gas. .He is being totally unreasonable in thinking that a wow card is a need. 

• @psychobutthead Damn that sounds incredibly stressful. Does he understand the impact his spending has on the rest of the family? Thank god you took over and put a budget in place. It sounds like he needs a reality check!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • psychobutthead My DH and I resubscribe to WoW on occasion, and it is most certainly not a damn need, especially on that tight of a budget. $1000 on fast food in a month?! That's 5 years worth of WoW subscriptions. I am so sorry.
  • edited September 2018
    @secicc12 it is very stressful. I had put us on this budget before even get a bfp or suspecting I was pregnant.  But pregnancy has just made me more determined.  I've been packing his lunch and breakfast so he has no option to get fast food.  I've been buying him all the bottled water,  monsters,  and Gatorade's he needs for work so he doesnt even have to buy drinks. 

@foodislove yeah its not very expensive to subscribe.  But I need gas money so hes going to have to just deal.  I've already made a lot of cuts from our budget of services we were paying for and not using. I even told him I'm not unreasonable and that he can keep his subscription but that we can't pay for it till this Wednesday.

Like he only has to wait until Wednesday and hes being a pouty ass about it. 

• edited September 2018
    @secicc12 it is very stressful. I had put us on this budget before even get a bfp or suspecting I was pregnant.  But pregnancy has just made me more determined.  I've been packing his lunch and breakfast so he has no option to get fast food.  I've been buying him all the bottled water,  monsters,  and Gatorade's he needs for work so he doesnt even have to buy drinks. 

@foodislove yeah its not very expensive to subscribe.  But I need gas money so hes going to have to just deal.  I've already made a lot of cuts from our budget of services we were paying for and not using. I even told him I'm not unreasonable and that he can keep his subscription but that we can't pay for it till this Wednesday.

...that is ridiculous. You are 100% right, and it sounds like you are doing more than you should have to to help him get his spending under control. It's a little alarming that he doesn't see that gas money to get the kids to school is more important than fun money to play a game. I 100% get that video games are a legit hobby, and my husband plays them often, but come on! There are other ways to have fun until Wednesday that don't cause you to not pay bills/utilities.

EDIT: Also, how the hell do you spend $1000 on fast food in a month? $33/DAY? Was he eating out for every damn meal? 

Not trying to be a jerk, but are you sure he doesn't have a drug problem?
    kids with flags
  • @secicc12 it is very stressful. I had put us on this budget before even get a bfp or suspecting I was pregnant.  But pregnancy has just made me more determined.  I've been packing his lunch and breakfast so he has no option to get fast food.  I've been buying him all the bottled water,  monsters,  and Gatorade's he needs for work so he doesnt even have to buy drinks. 

...that is ridiculous. You are 100% right, and it sounds like you are doing more than you should have to to help him get his spending under control. It's a little alarming that he doesn't see that gas money to get the kids to school is more important than fun money to play a game. I 100% get that video games are a legit hobby, and my husband plays them often, but come on! There are other ways to have fun until Wednesday that don't cause you to not pay bills/utilities.

EDIT: Also, how the hell do you spend $1000 on fast food in a month? $33/DAY? Was he eating out for every damn meal? 

Not trying to be a jerk, but are you sure he doesn't have a drug problem?
    No drug problem.  He really spent that much on food.  I went through our bank statment. He gets breakfast and lunch out.  He also will stop at gas stations and buy drinks and snacks. He drives all day for work.  So on average he was spendinc about that much if not more.  Plus he was drinking 2 energy drinks a day and they aren't cheap. 

We had a long talk about how he needs to cut the shit out. 

• @psychobutthead Hope your DH straightens up fast about it.
  • Just now catching up.  Yesterday was nuts.  it’s just bloat but I’m definitely showing more than I did with my first.  My DS is only 7 months old so according to what ya’ll found my uterus never went all the way back to normal.
  • edited September 2018
    kvh22 said:
    @DuchessOfCambridge google says you're right. My bad! Not sure what I read, then  :#

ETA: this was the first thing I saw when I was looking up when you start showing (https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/changing/your-second-pregnancy/) which says it doesn't but if you google "when will uterus go back to pre-pregnancy size" everything says it does.
    That is mighty confusing about that article. Parents.com needs to get its ish together, they contradict themselves with this one :lol:

https://www.parents.com/advice/pregnancy-birth/my-pregnant-body/how-long-before-my-belly-is-normal-again/

• wow my hormones are working fulltime. Had a crazy ass dream already last night. Even in my dream DH and I where fighting. And then a pickup truck turned into a horse. Weird weird dreams.

• @psychobutthead pregnancy dreams can be crazy! I wonder what the pickup truck turning into a horse means? I recently had a dream about my ex bf, which is super weird. I haven’t seen/talked to him in more than 10 years.
  • @psychobutthead so proud of you for sticking to your guns and putting real life above video games. 
  • @psychobutthead so proud of you for sticking to your guns and putting real life above video games. 
    Yeah there was no way he was winning that one.