January 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 9/10

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/10

• I am 22 weeks and 2 days pregnant. My OB is funny and she reminded me yesterday that the only other time this happens is when you are 33 and 3 days pregnant. So time to treat myself. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MrsDho11MrsDho11 member
    edited September 2018
    Re: holiday travel. I totally asked my OB at my last appointment if i could fly down to visit my family since it's our year to have Christmas  with them, even though I'll be 36 weeks on Christmas Day so probably wouldn't fly home until a day or two after that. As long as nothing pops up health wise, she was totally on board since it's in a major city with another Kaiser so they'd have all my medical records, etc. if needed. And I'm excited! We'll probably fly instead of drive just because it will be a shorter trip (2 hours including travel to airport vs. 6+), so she'll write me a note for the airlines on my last appointment. At the same time though, I know that if something comes up and we have to cancel, everyone will understand.

Edit: because I asked at my last appointment, not yesterday. It was two weeks ago. :lol:
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Loading the player...
  • @kianarain I noticed that, too. I wonder how many are lurkers and how many just post on a million different boards for attention. 
  • @leighbrek I'm down with the lurkers (I didn't know about board org. before I lurked for a while), but I feel like if they lurked hard enough they would know our flow. The rest can kindly go to my other BMB where I left bc chaos reigned lol. 
  • @AshVA What area of law are you in? I'm not a lawyer, but it was a career choice that I was really interested in before deciding I couldn't do that many more years of school. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• mtenglmtengl member
    edited September 2018
    I have almost commented so many times this week but I am so tired that I haven’t gone through with it. Holidays have always been a headache because family to the point when I found out I was pregnant it was like YES I have an excuse to not travel...

I am sooo itchy and mainly at night... I think I need to switch body washes, does anyone have any good recommendations? I try to go for all natural but at this point I just want relief.

Edited because of grammar.
  • @kns1988 I'm essentially a mix of contracts and commercial litigation. I have a few sub-specialties, but they're fairly niche practice areas (and even more so when combined), so that might be a little too much identifying info for the open internet haha.

I really enjoy my practice areas and the people I work with, but my typical schedule with a newborn/ young child would be brutal.  I'm so excited for the prospect of a "best of both worlds" schedule. 

• F*&% ! I feel like I'm coming down with the flu. This totally sucks and I'm super disappointed because I was supposed to have a lunch date with my bff at Olive Garden tomorrow. 
  • @mtengl no advice on the soap because I'm just a Dove bar kind of person, but I feel like I need to give a PSA... is it normal itchiness or could it be cholestasis? Sorry to be Doctor Google. It's just that not everyone knows that itchiness in pregnancy can be a problem. 

• @jgil85 only liking for olive garden! Feel better!
  • @kns1988 I was actually going to bring it up on my next visit if it gets worse because of that. But I feel like it is more dry skin... I have a tendency to feel itchy anyway and it is usually after I take a shower and feel like my skin has dried out... I take showers at night so that is why it bugs me more at night.
  • @mtengl I’m a huge fan of the L’occitane almond oil body wash. It’s on the pricy side but literally lasts forever and is sooo moisturizing and gentle!
  • Baby is already keeping me up all night with his kicks and rolls.  :s DD was the same way but I sat more during the day so I think she was more active then. If he follows Big Sister’s patterns he will be a terrible sleeper too. Ugh. Send all the coffee for 2019. 
  • @jgil85 nooooo take care of yourself! And also now I NEED breadsticks. (It's 7:10 a.m. here... #noshame)
  • My knee has been bugging the daylights out of me for like two weeks. I finally sucked it went and went to the ortho. Let me see if I get this right, I have basically no meniscus left which is unsurprising since I know I have degenerative disc disease. My patella is almost sitting on bone. There’s a bunch of fluid on one side pushing it sideways which is why it causes pain on only one side and I can't bend it. He’s concerned that arthritis is setting in and my meniscus may be torn but he’s not concerned enough to do an MRI or surgery while pregnant. He thinks the pregnancy hormones and weight are what’s making it worse. He gave me a cortisone shot and said it should tide me over until delivery but he wants to see me after she’s born so he can do an MRI and know exactly how bad it is and how we need to proceed. Basically my knee is a mess, being pregnant made it worse but we can’t treat the underlying cause until LG is born.
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ladystout08 I feel your pain,  literally! I was at the knee doctor last week and they wouldn't do anything,  no MRI, no shots,  just looked at my knee brace and told me to keep wearing it.  I don't know about you but my first thought was great how in the world will I make time to address this after the baby is born, meanwhile I'll just be sedentary? Ugh
  • @ersh1010 I know! And he's like "do you really want surgery" and I was like "if that's the end resolution frankly  I'd rather have it done while pregnant than when I have a new baby to attend to." Obviously I don't want to do anything risky and baby is #1 priority but I can hardly use stairs without it taking my breath away from pain and I'm only going to get bigger at this point. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • drabong88drabong88 member
    edited September 2018
    @ladystout08 ugh that stinks! Nothing like adding one more thing for you to worry about. 
    @jgil85 I love olive garden breadsticks I could eat a whole basket! 

I'm supposed to leave tomorrow night with DS to visit my friend and her DS in Florida for the weekend. Of course today DS wakes up burning up with a nasty cough, runny nose, and a diaper rash. I text my friend and told her I may have to cancel depending on how he is tomorrow. I do not want to take a cranky toddler on an airplane. I told DH that I may cancel and he was like why? Atleast you'll be miserable in Florida
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know I was whining about how the baby's movements make me feel 'weird', but...  During that week and some when I was really down with this stupid cold, the baby stopped moving much... I would literally have to squish her to make sure she was still wiggling around, and that made me a little bit nervous.  I've since come to realize that her inactivity may have been entirely related to my own inactivity, because I spent my days curled up on the couch just trying to breathe and sleep for a half hour at a time.  Ever since I've been back up and moving around, she is also bopping around like crazy.  The constant pee breaks have also returned.  Incredible.  Everything I read said that my respiratory issues won't impact the baby, but it did seem to have some kind of impact on her, because that's the calmest she's been since I've started feeling her moving around regularly.

@drabong88 That really sucks that your son woke up all sick!  Leave him with hubby and say, "He can't go, but I can!"  Watch his attitude change in a hurry!  hahaha

• @kianarain@wkuandrea  the delivery room entitlement really is something to behold! I was firm with my own mother that the only people allowed in the hospital....and the delivery room...are my wife and our doula. She took it stoically.  My wife said she set the same expectation with her own mother but my sister in law told me last night that my MIL told her that we only want her and my mom in the delivery room.  This is well after my wife talked to her. My MIL lives 10 minutes from the hospital and I am going to have to be very clear and firm with her. We will let you know when labor begins (maybe), when we get to the hospital (could be days after!) and when the baby is born.  Then you will come during visiting hours only when we are ready.  I definitely want at least the first hour for just my wife and me for skin to skin for both of us, as well as relaxed time to try breastfeeding.

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @ladystout08 Ouch! I hope you can get some relief soon. Knee pain is no joke and being pregnant definitely does not help. 
  • @cait32 no, that's perfect! That's why I wouldn't even want anyone in the hospital waiting room for me.  I don't want anyone sitting and wondering, and me thinking about how people are sitting and wondering.

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @rooonilwaazlib I agree with cait32. Don't even tell them you're at the hospital. With my first, my parents told everyone I was in labour and I had half my extended family waiting in the waiting room for 12 hours lol. With my second, I had a fast labour and was only at the hospital for 35 minutes before I had DS, so we didn't have time to tell anyone until after he was born. It was much more relaxed.

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• The most random pregnancy "symptom" for me has begun.... I've started losing weight.  Losing weight has always been an issue for me.... I have PCOS and have always been heavier and even had gastric bypass surgery a few years back so I never thought I'd actually lose weight during a pregnancy.  The first 20 wks I gained about a pound a week but I wasn't worried because I was still on track to gain less than I did with my first but since then, I've been losing a pound a week.  I'm def still eating (and way more than I think I should some days) but I'm wondering if it's because I have to eat so many small meals now since the baby seems to be crowding my stomach.  Just the weirdest thing ever to me.
  • Thanks @jgil85 ! It's stiff this morning but much less pain. I can now bend but I can't leave it bent. Progress! Now if it holds on until after LG is born. 

It's 0830 and I already had to send out a "Per the email send out last night...." Like, read your emails people! I double checked and you were on last nights distro. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • +1 on not telling anyone you are at the hospital until youre ready for visitors! Im a FTM so i cant speak from experience, but this is the plan. (But we arent telling anyone this is the plan)

However my sister works at the hospital i will be delivering at... So im not totally sure how that will work. She works in the lab, nothing to do with babies, so im pretty sure she wont find out. 

i dont want to worry about a bunch of people in the waiting room and i want some time with just me and my husband and the baby right after the baby is born. And i want to not care about looking disgusting after labor
  • I'm not sure what we'll do with labor this time. Last time, our BFFs showed up 30 mins after delivery b/c they picked my mom up from the airport. If my mom is here, I'll probably have her stay with DS and bring him after delivery. We'll probably tell people but no one visited until the next day last time so I'm not super concerned. If my mom doesn't come up, DS will go with my BFF and then I'll let them bring him in so they'll know. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Im glad to hear im not alone on not wanting to tell anyone im in labor.  Much to my surprise my DH was NOT on board with this! He kept saying he felt bad to leave them out of the loop. I don't put my foot down on much but I'm thinking I will be on this. IT Isn't about anyone but me, baby and sort of dh lol. I know myself and I know I'll feel obligated to see family sooner than I would like or I'll feel bad about them waiting. Im looking to eliminate all of that.  I told dh I don't care if it sounds selfish she will look the same at 48 hours old as she will right after birth. I've already told a few friends I would rather not have visitors,  they are fine it's my mom im concerned with. She will camp out at the hospital if allowed. 
  • Luckily nobody in my family has expressed wanting to be in the delivery room. My mom used to be a labor and delivery nurse so I don't think she has any desire to witness another birth live. I 100% would not tell anybody I was in labor if I was worried they might abuse that information, but both families have seemed pretty respectful of our sisters' wishes when they had their babies so I'll probably keep them in the loop.
  • +1 to not telling anyone I'm going into labor. We didn't know that I was going into labor with DS and he was born close to 11:00 PM, so it was easy to wait until the next day to inform people. This time, we'll have to have childcare arrangements for DS, so we'll likely end up calling the in laws to tell them when we're on our way to the hospital so that they can meet us and take DS with them. They understand boundaries. My family won't know about the baby until sometime the next day. 

• I'm allowed to have 1 person in the OR in addition to myself and DH (scheduled c-sec) so my mom will be there.  Thankfully the hospital set those rules so I don't have to worry about it.  When I had DS, I was glad my mom was there b/c she stayed at my head while DH watched the surgery and took pictures and I think I would have been lonely if my mom wasn't there to talk to me and keep me company up top.  Also, DS was rushed to the NICU immediately since he was so early so DH was able to stay by his side and my mom stayed with me so I wasn't alone, upset or kept in the dark about what was going on.  DH texted my mom with play by plays from the NICU and she was able to tell me everything as it happened.  Aside from DH, no one was allowed to go to the NICU to see DS until I went up (also hospital rules) so I didn't have to fight anyone off :)
  • I think I've said it before but the only people that were telling when I go into labor is mil and fil. And they'll only know because they're watching ds and our dog. It was annoying last time because everyone wanted to visit or text and call me and I was so out of it because of the magnesium. 

With ds, I actually texted my girlfriends before I text any of my siblings that he was here, oops but they were more supportive than my family. 
  • Sitting on the couch last night I told DH, "I'm so 'full' and tired and done. And I still have 4 months left. I'm going to get so much bigger." *sigh*
    I didn't feel this "done" until like 35 weeks last time..now I'm 23 weeks and don't know how I can possible get any "fuller".
    Also, my boobs are giant. They didn't get this big until AFTER DD was born last time!
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • @sweetyjenj I feel you. I'm already waddling and feeling super uncomfortable at 21 weeks. I was like a pregnancy goddess last time.. lol I annoyed my friends with how much I loved it. Karma's a bitch in my case. 

• @bradleysmommy28 - I have been having the same issue with weight loss. I also have PCOS and losing weight has been a painful pound by pound process in the past. I lost about 5lb in the first trimester, but I figured between the no drinking, eating healthier and morning sickness that was pretty normal. However, I have since lost another 5lb! I have been stuffing my face the last 2 weeks to make sure I don't lose more. I think it is because my stomach is so compressed so I feel full even with not eating much food. I am having to remind myself to eat every 2-3 hours. This is a challenge, especially at work as I tend to just forget about eating because I am so busy. 

RE Christmas Plans: I am due Jan 21 and I have already informed my family that we will not be traveling to visit for Christmas this year (we live 2 hours away from the rest of my family). My cousin is getting married on December 15 so we will see everyone then but I let everyone know that is my last trip/family event pre-baby. My in-laws live 35 minutes away so we will go to their house on Christmas Day. +1 for setting expectations early so there are no last minute disappointments!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I give up. Night 3 of being eaten alive by bugs. I caved and lifted the damn AC out of the window by myself. I don't know what sort of killer bugs are getting in, but enough is enough. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers