December 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments • w/o 9.9

13»

Re: Weekly Appointments • w/o 9.9

• @scaredunprepared How exciting! DH and I joked about how we'd only get married when the fines (for not having healthcare) were too much too handle - so we're totally with you for getting married for super practical reasons :smiley: Besides, you guys were going to get married anyway. Might as well just get it done :heart:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @scaredunprepared Yay!! You deserve it!!  
    I keep trying to write to you about your puppers but it has been a tear trigger for me, not being able to find the right words.  I understand how hard those decision can be and needing to do whatever you can because your dog has given you so much!!  
  • Loading the player...
  • @scaredunprepared Oh wow, congratulations! So happy for you! And yes, you definitely deserve a bright spot with all of the stress you've had lately. <3

@hoosiermama-2 Oh no, I'm so sorry you have GD! I hope it's not too tough to acclimate to the diet. At least we're in the home stretch. Hugs.
  • @rcultrona I hope that put your mind at ease a bit.  It does stink that they were not able to get every image they wanted, but there are always in and of us really know for sure our child’s health status until they’re born. Fx all is well with your DD! *hugs*
  • @scaredunprepared Yay!! That’s so exciting! I know it’s not going to be a big romantic thing, but have fun on your day and eat some cake!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @scaredunprepared oh my goodness no need to be apologetic!!  There is no way to know what will trigger someone’s emotions.  I am just slightly over the top when it comes to animals. In General, I am very empathetic but pregnancy heightens that.  Plus my geriatric dog that has over come three life threatening illnesses/events increases my sensitives!

I truly believe you chose best option for your dog!
  • @scaredunprepared
    yay!! will you guys officially be married before the baby? Will that change your financial situation in regards to health insurance?
  • @scaredunprepared Congratulations! You deserve some extra happiness right now!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• katy0990katy0990 member
    edited September 2018
    @omnommer  Im glad your BP looked good! Have you had the RhoGAM shot before?  If not, just a heads up, they give it to you in your hip. Not to freak you out or anything, but just to warn you, you may be a bit sore for a day or 2 afterward.
  • @omnommer I second @katy0990 comment about the rhogam shot - although I had to get one at 13 weeks this time and they gave it to me in the arm at the hospital which I thought was strange, I've always gotten them in the hip. I went ahead and got my flu shot at my 26 week appointment so I didn't have two sore areas getting them both at 28 weeks.  :D 
  • @katy0990 It's in the hip?! Haha, shows how much I know. Haven't had it before. Yay for soreness. Okay, gotta remember to get all my shots on my right side, so I can sleep on the left side (my normal sleeping position).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @scaredunprepared it was a fetal echo. The image that sent us there was taken at my Perinatologist as part of a regular growth scan. The Cardiologist said since she didn't see anything it could either be really small or could have just been an affect of the doppler that made it look like blood was crossing chambers. I think they were able to see the area that was the original point of concern so I am taking that as a win instead of obsessing over what they couldn't see because there is no way to microscopically investigate every single cell. I need to focus on the good news and not look for other unknowns to stress about ( now if I can just take that advice I will be good to go). 

• @scaredunprepared yay! Congrats I am glad you guys decided to do it! Also, Sept 28 is a fantastic day :) 
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @rosebud332 I’m glad the growth scan went well! Fx your glucose results are good, too.
  • @countrygirl624 Congratulations on passing! Enjoy your sundae!
  • @scaredunprepared I am so glad his insurance is better! The amount you were going to have to pay was insane!
  • @lexidawg My draw for anemia (and syphilis, ha, let’s hope that one is negative!) is at my next appointment, so I’ll get back to you in like 3 weeks ;) But I’ve been casually taking Floradix, which my MW had me take during my last pregnancy. I like it because it’s easier for me to take than a pill — just a shot of sweet liquid once or twice a day. I haven’t noticed any sort of change in my movements!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon Thank you for the recommendation. I'll look it up!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg I’m glad that you are getting to work from home more! Congratulations on passing your glucose test!
  • @lexidawg I am anemic too. I am just going to take an over the counter one and then add miraxlax or colace because I really don’t wanna get constipated. 
  • @Jens_Hoes That is what my doc suggested if I take an over the counter one.  A friend recommended the Rainbow Light brand of Iron. She said she didn't have any constipation issues.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just realized I took my GD test Tuesday and never heard back re: results! I am hoping that means I passed but I guess I'll have to call Monday!
  • @lexidawg I haven’t heard back from my recent screen, but I was anemic my last pregnancy. I took an over the counter iron supplement and had no issues, but that never is an issue during pregnancy for me. When the doctor told me to pick up a supplement she suggested miralax too, but I waited to see how the iron actually affected me and never had to get the miralax. 
  • @snugglyducking25 Thank you.  I always have colace on hand so I won't be shy taking it if i need to!
    Pregnancy Ticker