TTC After a Loss

September Randoms

2»

Re: September Randoms

• @40momma I have to do the same thing! As soon as I get BFP will need to give myself lovenox injections every day. I am TERRIFIED, but will do what it takes... I am glad they were able to find what was the issue. For me, my placenta showed that I had an immune response to the baby and stacked it - but every test came back negative. Still they think blood thinners will help. Here is hoping - as you said, anything for a healthy baby. 
  • We were getting ready to travel this morning and DH started a fire in the microwave!  Luckily it was small and nothing major.  DS was terrified.  Then we went and picked up DS first pair of glasses and he doesn’t want to wear them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @40momma You’ve got a great attitude and I really hope this is the key to your take home baby. 

@Mack2342 that’s *quite* an eventful morning. I’m so glad it was minor and I hope your little guy comes around to the glasses soon. There’s nothing cuter than tiny humans in glasses!

My SIL is 6 weeks pregnant. Their son  turned one this month. She means well but doesn’t have a filter so I assume there will be lots of “can’t believe how little it took/how will we ever manage/I am so miserable/are you going to try again” when we finally talk about it. I don’t wish hardship on anyone but oh my god, why can’t it be easy for us now, too? Like fine, I’m getting through this.  I’m building character and am becoming more empathetic.  I’m appreciating the things I have but can I be done now, please? Can I get pregnant and stay pregnant with a take home baby? I’m so jealous. And I hate that. 
  • @mwmiller4 your feelings are so legit! I have felt that many times over and I hate feeling that way but just can’t help it.   I get so over joyed when someone that struggled with IF gets KU but very jealous when it’s those that have no issues.   I really struggle with that peeps that get KU and shouldn’t.  I hope that SIL doesn’t say anything hurtful.  I just started telling people my experience and that usually shuts them up.  I hope you have better day
  • @mwmiller4 add me to that train. I love when loss ladies or those who struggled get KU. It makes my heart so happy. But don't even come at me with the "so easy" crap. 
  • Thanks @Mack2342 and @prpl11butterfly today has been MUCH better thankfully! I lost it and cried a lot and DH and I had a long talk. He said he was open to both IVF and adoption which was huge weight off my shoulders. I sent her a text and it was a good, light exchange. We probably won’t see them until Thanksgiving so I’ll hopefully be less fragile by then. She probes way more in person but I tend to be real blunt about where we are and how I feel. And I should actually have some answers by then (albeit probably “the tests were all negative so it’s unexplained secondary infertility”) so I won’t continue with the “we’ve been trying. I can’t get pregnant” and then the awkward silence. 
  • @mwmiller4 I completely get the frustration with that. It’s hard not to be frustrated with people who have it so easy in that department. I have a friend who just gave birth yesterday, and both DH and I are struggling to be happy for them and not be jealous that her pregnancy was so easy.
  • @mwmiller4 I know that feeling... The day I got my BFP for my first pregnancy (diagnosed BO last March), I was at a family party and an aunt said she had asked my cousin (mother of a 1yo) if she wanted a second child, and she had answered yes but not right now. Fast forward to September, my mom says said cousin is pregnant again. Of course I was jealous and hated feeling that way, and since we told no one about the MC, there's no filters at all, everytime my mom knows something new about the baby she tells me. It was very difficult to send my cousin a congrats message, but I managed to do it after a few days had passed. It's definitely no fun to have it harder. Hopefully things will get better soon for all of us.
  • @Mack2342 my DD also wears glasses, she’s had them for about a year now and she’s just starting to actually keep them on lol. I’m sure part of it’s my fault bc I don’t want to make a big deal about them and make her hate them but it’s also her age. What one/two year wants to all of a sudden start wearing glasses haha. Anyway I hope it starts going better for you soon!! 
  • @char245 he did pretty good with them over weekend.  He did take them off but I just gave him a few minutes and then said let’s put em on.  I wear them so that helps.  He is 3.  Went to school yesterday and I told him before he left to only take them off at nap time and he reported after school that he only took off at nap.  I repeated same thing this morning.  One time this weekend he came in looking for his glasses to put on and I said buddy they are on your face he reached up and busted out laughing 😂 so darn cute.  They want to patch him in 3 weeks so that’s why I keep pushing.  He has lazy eye (not a drifter) just has prescription lenses for one eye.  
  • @Mack2342 that’s so great! We aren’t doing as well over here lol. Hopefully as she gets a little older it will get better! We did patching for a while and she actually tolerated that pretty well!