February 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In Sept. 7 - 11

I hope you don't mind me starting this week, @ChloandCoco!

1. How far along are you? Milestones passed?

2. How are you feeling, mentally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What would be your first question upon waking up after being cryogenically frozen for 100 years (assuming you already know that you had been cryogenically frozen)?

Re: PGAL Check-In Sept. 7 - 11

• Options
    16 weeks, all milestones passed

I am actually starting to feel like this might really happen! Also feeling better all around physically, although still tired and hungry but I think that's just how this goes

Had a regular OB appointment this week, got to hear the hb on the doppler which is always great. Nothing else until my AS on 10/2 

Anyone else feel like they have allergies or something kicking up? Zyrtec doesn't seem to be doing the trick, I am beginning to think the congestion is a pregnancy thing

5. GTKY: What would be your first question upon waking up after being cryogenically frozen for 100 years (assuming you already know that you had been cryogenically frozen)?
    Does the earth still exist or did we manage to climate change assassinate it? 
  • Options
    ChloandCocoChloandCoco member
    edited September 2018
    @hannahbananas11 Thanks for starting the thread! It’s been a crazy week and I completely forgot!

*edit to add the rest of my post*

1. How far along are you? Milestones passed? 18w3d - all milestones 

2. How are you feeling, mentally and physically? I’m feeling good, but last night the baby wasn’t moving that much (previous nights s/he turns into a ninja) so that freaked me out a little bit. I find I start to feel more easily freaked out as I approach ultrasounds or OB appointments. 

3. Any appointment updates? Next week I have my a/s and an OB appointment a couple days later. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nothing this week

5. GTKY: What would be your first question upon waking up after being cryogenically frozen for 100 years (assuming you already know that you had been cryogenically frozen)? Where’s the nearest Starbucks? Just kidding, I have no idea what I would ask. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Milestones passed? 19 weeks! All passed!

2. How are you feeling, mentally and physically? Pretty good just feeling a bit run down. Neck is sore from sleeping on it wrong. 

3. Any appointment updates? AS on Monday! I’m so excited!!

4. Rants/raves/questions? Monday is my bday and I have fun bday plans all weekend. I’m super excited about that! 

5. GTKY: What would be your first question upon waking up after being cryogenically frozen for 100 years (assuming you already know that you had been cryogenically frozen)? First off that would be so awesome. Second, I would probably ask (if the US still exists) about our current president. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Milestones passed? - 16+2.

2. How are you feeling, mentally and physically? - So tired! RLP has been pretty bad lately, and Unisom is making me drowsy all the time. I think I’ll try to stay off it for a few days and see if the nausea returns, hopefully it won’t. Mentally I’m anxious because I haven’t seen any proof of baby being ok since my 12 week scan. Hopefully I’ll hear the hb at my appt next week.

3. Any appointment updates? Routine OB appt Thursday next week. Nothing exciting, but hoping to hear a hb.

4. Rants/raves/questions? - it’s almost weekend! Not doing anything in particular, but I’m looking forward to sleeping.

5. GTKY: What would be your first question upon waking up after being cryogenically frozen for 100 years (assuming you already know that you had been cryogenically frozen)? - I’d probably ask for a blanket. Sounds cold!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options

16 w all milestones passed

Physically:
    I feel like a bloated blob. 

Mentally:
    Cautiously optimistic

I go to midwife 9/12, but I have no idea what for. I go to docs for MS, OCD/Anxiety, PT, and Pregnancy. I hope I get to heartbeat.

I'm considering just giving this kid a symbol instead of a name (like prince did) because naming could cause a divorce or homicide. 

I'd ask if they could put me back. I don't want to be around without my friends and family. 
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Milestones passed? 17w6d, all milestones passed

2. How are you feeling, mentally and physically? Better - I seem to be having a reprieve from the constipation and headaches that have been plaguing me lately. Now I’m just bloated and hangry all the time, but I’ll take it!

3. Any appointment updates? Heard the HB and had my cervix checked yesterday. Nothing else until AS on 9/27.

4. Rants/raves/questions? TGIF because work sucked hard this week.

5. GTKY: What would be your first question upon waking up after being cryogenically frozen for 100 years (assuming you already know that you had been cryogenically frozen)? Food. I would definitely ask for food.

Good luck to all you ladies with appointments next week!

@eggsandwich2019 +1 on the weird congestion. I can’t tell if it’s allergies, a cold or pregnancy-related, but I’m totally mouth breathing right now. 

@episcowitch +1 on the naming process likely resulting in divorce or murder...
  • Options
    1. How far along? 17 weeks today, milestone long passed.

2. How do you feel? I've got a big of heartburn, but it comes and goes. Mentally I'm starting to think that this baby might be really happening, but that feeling also comes and goes. I wake up in the middle of the night super hungry.

3. No appointment updates. OB in two weeks, and AS in 2.5 weeks.

4. Rave: I bought a like-new City Mini GT today for cheap from a person on Facebook!
    Rant: DH has been very anxious about work for the past few months, and today he had an especially bad day. He's a doctor, and no one talks about mental health at his workplace. Any anxiety, depression or stress gets swept under the rug, even though the rates of those things are all very high across the US among people in the medical field. So he feels completely alone in his anxiety. Makes me so frustrated at the world and its stupid stigmas around mental health.

5. Question I'd ask after waking up from a 100-year cryogenic freeze: Has anyone come up with a universal Tupperware lid yet?
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 I completely agree that the stigma around mental health is ridiculous especially since so many people suffer from issues with it.

I can’t imagine how stressful your husband’s job must be. Has he tried yoga and/mediation? That can be a big help with stress and anxiety. It has helped me immensely with my anxiety and stress levels.  Hopefully he can find something to help ease his anxiety. 
  • Options
    Hello! Hoping to join y’all here. I just started participating this week.  :)

1. How far along are you? Milestones passed?  18w1d

2. How are you feeling, mentally and physically?  Tired, occasionally nauseous in the early morning, still dealing with anxious PGAL brain.

3. Any appointment updates?  Regular OB appt coming up on Tuesday. Level 2 ultrasound on the 20th (in lieu of regular AS due to our history).

4. Rants/raves/questions? Excited to be feeling movement, even if it’s still only sporadic. Also, insomnia during pregnancy seems cruel.

5. GTKY: What would be your first question upon waking up after being cryogenically frozen for 100 years (assuming you already know that you had been cryogenically frozen)? Lol. Hmmm, probably roughly the same thing I say after any time I wake up, “Where’s the coffee, and why are you talking so loudly?”  :D 
  • Options
    Today is my due date for my last pregnancy. I didn't expect to get bfp as soon as I did. I am a mess. I suppose I really wasn't ready. I am happy about this lo, but today I am being suffocated by the loss. 
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • Options
    @episcowitch Sending you creepy internet hugs today. It's okay to have a shitty day. <3
  • Options
    @episcowitch- I am so sorry.  That is such a hard and strange feeling.  With my mmc before I conceived my son, my due date with the lost one was about three months before my son's, that's how quick that all went down, and I remember that day too, when I was so big with my my pregnancy but also still sitting with that grief, and how confusing it felt to still feel that loss so deeply while pregnant with a child who could only have existed because of that loss.  Sending many many hugs.
  • Options
    @episcowitch I'm so sorry, that is so hard. It's ok to not be okay, even if you're pregnant again! My due date for my CP is next week, and I kind of feel guilty for not feeling worse about it. I guess because my loss was so early it just feels like a distant memory now. All feelings are valid though. Some people will be devastated, some people are totally fine, and it's all normal. I hope you're able to do something nice for yourself today. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso- I had a CP the month before conceiving this time, so I hear you. I still somehow have that due date in some auto systems so I get emails with the wrong stages and that's just a weird reminder.  None of this stuff ever feels quite right no matter how it feels :(
  • Options
    @allthingsgo Happy Birthday. Hope I got the day right.
  • Options
    @episcowitch thank you!! Happy belated birthday to you!! I hope you are feeling better. 

@eggsandwich2019 happy birthday to you too! 
  • Options
    @allthingsgo thank you, birthday twin! Hope you're having a great day too! :smile:

@episcowitch it's never easy and we all have our ways of dealing with loss. Thinking of you and sending you good vibes.