November 2018 Moms
Options

Thursday and Friday Ticker Change (9/6-9/7)

This is for those of us with a Thursday due date of: 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/22, & 11/29
OR
a Friday due date of: 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/23, & 11/30

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. What are you doing this week to prepare for baby’s arrival?

6. GTKY: Are you more introverted or extroverted?

Re: Thursday and Friday Ticker Change (9/6-9/7)

• Options
    29w! butternut squashes
    2. How are you feeling?
    so tired. heartburn stinks. pregnancy fog.
    had an obgyn appointment on tuesday. got my tdap shot. confirmed i passed gtt. blood pressure was remarkably low (90/60). not anemic.
    concerning the flu shot— it’s early, but i don’t want to wait too long and end up delivering before the babies get a chance to develop some immunity from me while they can. but on the downside, too early and i lose max effectiveness when the flu is still an issue in the spring. grappling with the decision on timing.
    just got off the phone with an in-network dme service listed online through my insurance. the representative was stepford-esque and i’m only 75% certain i wasn’t talking to a computer ai. but, got all the info to them, and just waiting to get the confirmation that they’re ready to send. hopefully i can check that off the list soon. other than that, working on baby blanket for baby b. still need to buy baby incidentals (but not so much pressure to do that quickly at this point).
    i honestly think i could go either way. depends on who i’m with. being in a big crowd or in front of an audience is fine with me, and i also enjoy quiet time as a homebody. i think either of those scenarios to excess would be draining; i need a mix of both to feel fulfilled.
  • Options
    MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited September 2018

30 weeks - zucchini!
    2. How are you feeling?
    Great except in the mornings.  Every morning I'm extremely short of breath and feel like I'm going to pass out.  I'm always fine by afternoon, but i can't even make breakfast without talking several breaks to sit down.  It's been going on for quite a while but it's gotten worse in the last week or so.

Nope.

I can't believe I'm almost in the single digits of weeks left!  Time has flown!

Went out and got a coming home outfit today (an adorable faded black, chunky knit, hooded sweater with little ears and wood buttons and a woodland theme sleeper) and hopefully I'll get the crib together this weekend.

Definitely introverted.  Very introverted.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    31, asparagus

2. How are you feeling?
    Huge, sore, tired. In some ways I’m so ready to be done being pregnant but I want baby to stay in another 6 weeks at least. I have a feeling I might go early so that means I probably won’t. Lol 

Nope

BH contractions are no joke!  I didn’t have them with DS

The only thing left to do is pack the hospital bag, install the car seat, and buy formula. Both of those I can wait on for awhile yet. 

I am a mix depending on the scenario. Situations of large groups and I don’t thrive, but I love being with smaller groups of people and getting to know new people. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @highsteaks At my OB appointment on Tuesday, he said they'd probably have their stock of flu shots in by my next appointment on the 18th, and he recommended I get the shot then. He didn't say anything about it losing effectiveness by the spring. It's probably a good idea to get it sooner rather than later, that way when the babies are at their tiniest, they'll be protected. (ETA: Didn't mean to sound bossy or anything, of course the choice is up to you and your doctor!)
    @MojieJo Care to share pics of the coming home outfit? It sounds so adorable!

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 32 weeks tomorrow! Holy moly.

2. How are you feeling? Stuffed. We had tacos for dinner and I ate too much. The baby takes up too much room!

3. Any appointments this week? My appointment was on Tuesday and it went well, although I found out afterward through the patient portal that I had leukocytes in my urine. I didn't hear from the doctor about it though, so I assume it's probably nothing to worry about at this point. Everything else looked fine. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? I feel super boring today because I've just been so tired lately. Really I'm just super excited to go lie in bed soon and read a book!

5. What are you doing this week to prepare for baby’s arrival? I got a ton of stuff done over the weekend and I don't really need to do much else! I ordered some nursing bras that should be coming in the mail in a few days and I'm super excited about them, but kind of nervous too because bra shopping is terrible. Hopefully they fit. 

6. GTKY: Are you more introverted or extroverted? Mostly introverted, but if I know people well I'm more extroverted. I guess I'm a decent mix of both.  
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland thanks for the insight! makes me feel better about getting it sooner. and you didn’t come off bossy at all.
  • Options
    @MojieJo love that hoody! So adorable.

29, hawaiian pineapple

2. How are you feeling?
    Tired from lack of sleep. My blood work showed high white blood cells and low lymphs. Guess I am sick which would explain a lot. I thought my fever and headache we're from Tdap... Nope!

Nope

Finally felt baby tommy move on both sides of my belly at the same time. It is amazing to realize how big he actually is in there!

Giving away our extra bed set to clear out the nursery! Now to get rid of the extra mattress somehow...

Good mix of both. I think it depends on who I'm with and what the scene is like.
  • Options
    @MojieJo That outfit is SO cute!!!  

29w. Babies are the size of Acorn Squash

2. How are you feeling?
    Good! I've been super congested this week, but the weather is changing so that's not entirely surprising. 

This week I had MFM appointment (Wed) and my last appointment with my OB (Thurs). I meet with my new OB this coming Thursday!!

This waking up every 1-2 hours to pee is getting ridiculous! Last night I couldn't fall back asleep from about 2:30-4 so I was just tossing and turning (as much as you can when you're pregnant) and the babies decided it was a good time for a dance party. 

My baby shower is this weekend!! I'm excited to see everyone! I love how loved our babes are already. 

Plus, we have the local Mothers' of Twins sale is this weekend (as a mother of twins I get to shop early) so we're hoping to get some lightly used items there tonight. I'm hoping we get the remaining items pretty well checked off the list! 

I still have to think about the hospital bag and coming home outfits. 

I'm an extroverted introvert. I love being out and among groups of people, but I always need a recharge afterwards. I don't mind getting up in front of people or socializing, but I need "me" time a lot, too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MojieJo Such a cute outfit!

32 weeks. Bag of popcorn or squash.

2. How are you feeling?
    Physically I feel huge and tired. Emotionally I feel defeated. There are things going on at work and home and I feel like a punching bag taking the brunt of it all. I've pretty much cried everyday this week. I don't know if the extra hormones are doing this to me or what but I am so ready for this to all be over. 

I had one Wednesday. I wrote about it in the appts thread but basically baby is still measuring small, but not enough to be concerned. Heartbeat was 150.

See above for my rant.

I need to pack my hospital bag. I am going to wash some clothes too and either hang them up in the closet or pack a few in the bag. I also want to get baby's coming home outfit.

Both, it really depends on the situation.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @ftm_jen @smulrich16 @tessiesmom26 Thank you!  Normally I avoid fancy little jackets for tiny babies, but it was so cute I couldn't pass it up. :heart:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 I'm so sorry for your emotional rollercoaster. I know how you feel and it sucks. Wednesday I was 40 min late because I had a full on breakdown, crying so hard I couldn't breathe because I just 'couldnt do this anymore'. I blame hormones and lack of sleep. Hang in there lady and try to remember what you will have in the end. It will all be worse it. 
  • Options
    Thanks @ftm_jen <3 

One of the main causes of the emotional rollercoaster is because I have been begging DH to go on a babymoon of sorts. Nothing crazy, just a night alone the two of us somewhere other than our house. I don't know if you guys remember back to my birthday in June but that is when this started. He told me it would be my birthday present. Well this coming weekend is the last weekend that I can "travel" and I have been asking him about our plans for over a month now to get things squared away. Friday night we had a blow out fight and he told me that we aren't going anywhere. He proceeded to call me selfish and tell me that I don't have my priorities straight. He slept on the couch and we barely spoke all weekend. I had taken Friday off so that we could go away, and quite frankly I need a day off because of all the crazy work sh*t I've been dealing with. So I am planning on keeping that day off, and I am thinking about just going away for a night by myself. 

Sorry to put this all out there, but I needed a place to get it out. I feel like all I have been doing the past few weeks is whining.. sorry about that! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 i’m so sorry your dh is acting like a butthead. i totally understand the desire for getting away on a babymoon. it is SO. HARD. to get out of the house once you add a baby to your life, and certainly extra hard to do an overnight trip. that’s not to make you feel bad about not getting your babymoon, i’m just saying that you’re not wrong. i wish your husband got it, too. by yourself or together with your dh next weekend, i do hope you get a chance to do something special. 

and no apologies needed for venting—we’re here for support when you need it!
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 ugh you poor thing. As high steaks said, you're not wrong. You should set up a massage for your day off and just take some time to relax. I'm sorry your husband doesn't understand why it means so much to you. Treat yourself to a well deserved enjoyable day at home or away.