November 2018 Moms

STM Chat- September

13»

Re: STM Chat- September

• @lifesabeach85 we don’t have a sitter and I’m kicking myself for not finding one that can come and help out. We’ve been lucky enough that either my mom or mil could always come by and watch my son for 2-3hrs. He also goes to bed relatively early (and easily) so we almost always are able to do bedtime and then leave for a date night after he’s down. I’m really hoping it works out that at least my Husband can be home for nap and bedtime. I hired a doula so as long as H doesn’t miss the birth, I’m ok with him leaving for an hour or two at a time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I know I'm getting concerned about what to do with the girls regarding when I go into labor. I have some friends that can pick the kids up from their respective daycare locations because they have friends that also attend those places.we're only about 20 minutes away from the hospital, so I'm pretty sure that DH is going to come home and take care of the kids more than hanging out at the hospital. My mother-in-law is going to come in town when we let her know that things are happening. I might also engage my mom, depending on what's going on in her world.
  • What to do with my girls is definitely the most stressful part of this! I had (what I guess was/is) prodromal labor over the weekend, and my ILs, who said they would watch out girls, went to their cabin without telling us! DH texted them that I had had contractions less than 5 mins apart for an hour, and they headed home, but they were an hour and a half away. We have a few backups, but it really stresses me out! My girls are also a little older, so have activities, and have a lot of school stuff going on this month, so I’m extra stressed about all of it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama After googling what that is, I had that over the weekend too!  I was timing the real contractions 5-7 minutes apart and getting ready to call the OB if they lasted an hour.  they stopped just shy of the hour.  It definitely got me thinking about our people who are 'on call' for DS.  DS will be staying overnight with my sister and her family when I'm in the hospital.  I'm not worried about him once he gets there, but she's a busy gal with busy kid schedules that it might take a little more coordination with some other family members if I go into labor unexpectedly.  
  • @millerbear56 I had had a couple episode of it earlier last week, but they always ended after an hour or two - I ended up having contractions 2-3 mins apart lasting 1 min+ for about 36 hours with no progress. I went to L&D after like 5 hours, but I got sent home after about 6 more hours of no progress at all (and then DH and I came home and tried to get some sleep). I guess it was a good practice run for taking the girls somehere and thinking about out back up options. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama oh my gosh 36 hours with no progress?!  That’s just mean!  This baby is giving you quite the story to tell. Hoping the next time you’re able to end all that effort with a healthy baby on the outside and the relief I know you’re wishing for.  
  • Add me to the club of super stressed about what to do with my kid. The closest family is 3.5 hours away. Our nanny had a baby a week ago. Our neighbors who are like grandparents are out of town until the 30th. I’m trying to keep baby in until then. Thankfully MIL will be here this weekend and next, so if babe has other ideas, the weekends are at least covered. 
    Pregnancy Ticker