November 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 9/3

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 9/3

• Options
    I’m super nervous my water is going to break and I’m not going to notice. 
  • Options
    @cpow18 I actually asked about this at my last appointment because I’ve been having a ton of discharge and wanted to know if I’ll tell the difference between leaking fluid/normal discharge. The nurse assured me I will know especially if it’s my water breaking. Basically she said it won’t stop and it can be either like a slow leak or big gush - plus she said a lot of people’s water doesn’t even break on its own. Long story short, you’ll know! :) 

we got our first baby shower gift yesterday, the fisher price piano play may thing, and it got me wondering how to clean it and other baby toys. Can I just take a Lysol wipe and wipe it down? Soap and water? Any second time moms have advice...? Thanks! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @firsttimespartanmom thank goodness. That’s my biggest stressor right now. At least pregnancy wise haha
  • Options
    @firsttimespartanmom For the playmat, you should be able to detach the bottom mat and throw it in the washing machine when needed (as long as there aren't any electronics or anything in it, obviously...we don't have that exact playmat so I'm not sure). For the rest, a lysol wipe should do the trick. Just make sure it dries completely before letting baby play with it.
    For regular plastic toys or anything that will go in baby's mouth, you can throw them in the bathtub with hot soapy water for a few minutes.
    For stuffed animals, put them in a pillowcase, tie it in a knot, and stick it in the washing machine, then air dry them. 

@cpow18 You will know if your water breaks! It's funny because in tv/movies, it's common for a mom's water to break before labor, but it's not all that common IRL as far as I understand. So you probably don't need to worry about it happening, though I completely understand why you would worry about it.
    My water broke in the middle of the night before I went into labor and it was very obvious. It was a huge gush of liquid and was obviously not pee. It was a bit cloudy and smelled different too. After the big gush, it kept trickling out and there was no way I could hold it in like I could if it were pee. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland thank you! Makes me a little more relaxed! 

I dont know if anyone is still is still looking for breast pumps but I went through Aeroflow Breastpumps and they were so simple and easy! You go online and put in your insurance info and doctor info and they do the rest. They check to see if you qualify and if you do (which most do) they let you login and shop the breastpumps and even get the RX from your OB if it’s needed! 
  • Options
    cpow18 said:
    I’m super nervous my water is going to break and I’m not going to notice. 
    I was worried about this with my first and second as well. They had to break my water at the hospital with my first. With my second, my water broke and I definitely knew it was super different than if I had peed. You will definitely know! 
  • Options
    We are all home today and having a pajama day. I am trying to sit as much as possible. I had a lot of BH last night- maybe I didn’t drink enough water?- but things have calmed today. 
  • Options
    @offtoneverland - thanks for the cleaning advice! It's really helpful for us first timers :)

Out of curiosity, how soon should we have a hospital bag packed? I have several friends that went into labor while in the 30-35 week stretch. If anything were to happen now, I would be completely unprepared.

• Options
    @kamahina9 You can certainly check with your Dr, but if you are having a normal, low risk pregnancy; I would say around 36 ish weeks. That is my best guess, as I've never been that pregnant, so someone more qualified should probably answer. Haha
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @cpow18 Just echoing that you will know when your water breaks - it’s a big gush, and it never stops! It’s also not super common for that to be the beginning of labor - you’ll often already be in labor, and just as often they have to break it for you in the hospital. 

@kamahina9 I think I packed around 36 weeks the first two times.  This time, I might pack it earlier, just because we will also need an overnight bag packed for both of my girls to go to Nana and Papa’s, and all of that is stressing me out, so I want to be prepared, just in case! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @cpow18 I was worried about my water breaking early with my first pregnancy, mainly because I wanted to labor at home as long as possible. My doctor assured me that despite what you see on TV, only 15% of women have their water break before they are in active labor. FWIW mine broke when DD was crowning and I definitely felt a huge gush of liquid. They also should be measuring your fundal height at each appointment so they would know if you were losing a lot of fluid.

@offtoneverland such great info! The diswasher can be used on a lot of toys too

@kamahina9 if you're not showing any signs of preterm labor, 36w for the carseat and hospital bag is usually more than prepared.

• Options
    @cpow18 So.....my water broke and I had no idea that's what it was. I was 35 weeks with my first and thought I had some kind of a weird infection. It was a trickle, not a gush, but it kept going. I had a bad achy pain, but it didn't have the normal peaks and valleys of contractions. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DD has her second cold in less than a month. This time you can tell that she actually feels sick. She’s quiet, not eating, whiny, cuddly, and overtired. Last night she was shivering with a fever under 2 big blankets and actually fell sleep as soon as I sat down to read to her— that has never happened. I feel so awful for her. 
    The Flinstones + Immunity vitamins are simply not cutting it in our house. I want to make elderberry syrup to help ward off all these freaking preschool germs. I’ve heard really great things about the stuff, but it would be a little bit of an investment to buy all of the ingredients. Has anyone tried this with their toddlers? Did you notice a difference? 

Also, DH’s Vegas trip got cancelled!! I was not looking forward to another week of solo parenting. 
  • Options
    @MouseMama817 I have no personal experience with making syrup or giving it to my toddler, but I know they sell elderberry gummies and syrup over the counter at pharmacies. That might be a good test run if you don’t want to invest the time and money in making your own. 

Yea for cancelled trip! I’d be so thrilled too! 
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26  YAY for hell weeks coming to a close! I always worked closely with my old school’s accounts manager (who did payroll on top of managing all school accounts for various sports teams and programs) and I know how absolutely insane the start of a new school year is. Glad the worst is almost over for you!

@runningyogimama I smelled french fries while I was out running errands and needed some. Not just thought “oh yum” but a full-on NEED for french fries. So naturally I had to stop and get some :#

@MouseMama817 I’m sorry DD is sick again. I don’t have my own toddler (yet) but I spent many days babysitting my sick niece or nephew. It breaks your heart when you can tell they actually feel awful. Hopefully you can give her all the cuddles she wants but you don’t catch her cold. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MouseMama817 It sucks when our little are sick. I hope she feels better soon. I have zero experience with elderberry syrup. H's cousin uses it and swears by it, but I don't think she makes her own. Yay for YH's trip being cancelled. I know that is a huge weight off your shoulders. 
  • Options
    @MouseMama817 aww, hope your dd feels much better by tomorrow.

and echoing the yay that you’re dh isn’t leaving you to solo parent for a week.
  • Options
    You guys.. I hate to whine but I am feeling so defeated today and it's only 9:30am. Today was the day that all the employees got their first checks. Our Special Ed department sent back a stack of timesheets that were incomplete. This morning all those who got their incomplete sheet back complained to the Superintendent that they were sent back and he came to give me a talking to this morning. I told him that it wasn't me and that I never even saw them, but he still sort of laid into me about it.  :s 

That coupled with some other things that have been weighing on me and I just want to crawl in a hole.

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 - wow that is pretty crappy that you didn't even have anything to do with it and he pretty much blamed you as if you did. I know it's easier said than done, but I'm sure he was feeling the pressure too and wrongly took it out on you. Big hugs mama. I wouldn't be feeling too good after that either. <3
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 that deserves to be whined about, people can be the worst. Hope your day gets better! 

@PMForbie welcome back! 
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 that is ridiculous. I'm so sorry you had to listen to that this morning. I hope the day improves!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 Ugh! That's so frustrating! It sounds like someone else dropped the ball, but didn't want to take responsibility for the error. I guess they expected you to wave your magic wand to make it all better. I feel for you mamma! Hang in there. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 hugs. the si was out of line; sorry he laid into you for something that wasn’t your fault. he should be kissing the ground you walk on for getting all that last minute paperwork done (on time!!) last week.
    and i hope the other stuff weighing on you gets resolved too.  
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 ((Hugs)) hun. People are idiots and look to blame others instead of taking responsibility. I'm sorry You were on the receiving end of that idiocy. I hope things calm down soon. Maybe get some ice cream for lunch?
  • Options
    You guys, there was a mouse in our pantry this morning! It's not overly surprising because we live near a large open field and woodland area, but it definitely gave me a fright this morning. We set a trap for it (which also makes me sad because it was a cute lil mouse), but now I feel like I need to go home and clean up ALL the clutter throughout the WHOLE house (which there really isn't much), completely clean out the pantry (but I'm scared I'll find more mice), and clean out my entire closet (because it's a MESS in there). Good thing my momma gets here tonight for the weekend. Maybe she'll be willing to help. Ugh! So gross. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 yikes, that’s a bummer. What a jerk! Hope that was low point of the week and it all gets better. At least tomorrow is Friday! 

@PMForbie welcome back!

@smulrich16 nesting!!!!

• Options
    @lifesabeach85 Yeah, I need to make sure that mouse isn't nesting!!! lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When Babe has hiccups right on my cervix, it feels super weird. I wish I could describe it, but I would love if he didn't have them right on my cervix. 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow - that sounds annoying. I never know if baby has hiccups. I just call all movements kicks or turns. 

@tessiesmom26 - I'm sorry that he was taking it all out on you. Such a crappy situation. 

• Options
    @MouseMama817 this article popped up on my newsfeed today from Scary Mommy about Elderberry Syrup. I didn’t read it yet but thought you’d be interested!

https://www.scarymommy.com/elderberry-syrup-benefits/

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots Definitely interested, thank you! We bought the Zarbee elderberry gummies today along w/ probiotics.

DD’s cold is actually Herpangina. Kill me now. We noticed red spots on the back of her throat today. Luckily it’s tougher to spread when it’s localized the throat as opposed to actual HFM, but Lord knows she and I have been sharing drinks and kisses! 

This explains her waking up SIX times last night crying though. Every 1-2 hours with one 4 hour stretch. It’s like I have a newborn already. No nap yesterday and none today because the stupid power company turned off our electricity and she won’t sleep without her fan/sound soother. Not to mention no AC. I am draaaagggging today. 
  • Options
    @MouseMama817 I’m so sorry. Poor girl and poor mom 
  • Options
    Oh @MouseMama817 Im sorry. That sounds miserable :(
  • Options
    Oh @mousemama817 I am so sorry. Hoping tonight is somehow better for y’all. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    MouseMama817MouseMama817 member
    edited September 2018
    She’s asleep as of now; just praying she stays that way!! She fought it though. Can I just say how hard it is to coparent through a sleep regression? Gosh. DH goes into her room at the slightest fuss and he keeps the monitor at a high volume so even when I can convince him to let her cry it out a little bit, it’s like freaking surround sound in our bedroom.  That method is great when she’s sick and truly needs us but when she’s clearly just forgotten how to self-soothe...not so much. 

@lifesabeach85 A month ago the energy company told us our neighbors had to have their wiring fixed and that they were going to siphon the electricity from our house to their‘s so that they wouldn’t be without power while it was being worked on. But then I noticed the neighbor’s yard remained pristine while ours had holes being dug and flags all over it and wires all over the side of our house… They were back today and thank God my neighbor stopped to ask them about their progress because somehow our paperwork got mixed up and they’ve been working on my house this whole time instead of hers! It turned out to be for the better because I guess our wiring is old and was about to crap out too...but today was the day they came back out to work on things so hence the power being out. Lol sorry super long explaination.

Update: 1.5 hours in and already 1 wake up. Deja vu..