2nd Trimester

Subchorionic Hematoma

edited September 2018 in 2nd Trimester
I had serious bleeding (soaked through two pads) at 10 weeks 6 days, SCH measuring 2.6x2.6x1.3 CM. Baby was still moving around with 156 bpm pulse. 1 week later at 11 weeks 6 days the SCH measured 3.6x2.8x0.8 CM, pule still 156 bpm and baby was bouncing around. My OB said take it easy, no strenuous activity, no intercourse until we know if it has resolved. No U/S scheduled to date but I had brown spotting for 2 weeks following. Now 1 full week with no spotting at all. Looking for any ladies going through the same or similar thing and your experience, what has your Dr suggested for you? How are you feeling?. My Dr says only time can really tell, but I have so many unanswered questions. Next OB apt is Sept 20 2018 EDD Feb 23 2018.

Re: Subchorionic Hematoma

• I had this with my 3rd pregnancy as well as this one. This time, I had A LOT more blood than previously. I honestly thought I was miscarrying because it was just like having a heavy period. I was also around 10 weeks at the time. Went to the ER and was told I had a huge subchorionic hematoma. They actually called out to another hospital as they were concerned about the size. The ultrasound they did showed the baby moving around just fine, a closed cervix, and a strong heartbeat so I was released. I bled for an additional 2 days afterward to the point where I still had to wear a pad. When I went for my follow-up ultrasound at the OB the following week, it appeared that the hematoma has shrunk in size and that all was fine. I had some additional bleeding a week or two later but nothing since.

If it puts your mind at ease, hematomas are very common in pregnancy. They typically either bleed out or reabsorb into your body. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers