Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Monday 9/3

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle

CD

WAYDTGKU

R/R

CS/Q

Re: WTO Monday 9/3

• Options
    marebear15marebear15 member
    edited September 2018
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 27

WAYDTGKU: BBT, PNVs

R/R: Rant: I just hate working on holidays that most people get off. Rave: I just decorated my office with fall stuff and brought in pumpkin cookies for everyone! 

CS/Q: So I finally got a temp spike and was very excited to temp this morning to see if it would be a sustained spike, but MH had used my BBT thermometer to check his fever yesterday and left it in the kitchen. I went and found it and checked my temp anyways, but I've discarded it since it wasn't high enough lol. 

• Options
    @marebear15  Ugh I hope you get your temp shift soon!

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Ava, OPKs, PCOS supplements + pnv

R/R: H and I spent the weekend with family and friends but he works today so we’re back to reality!

CS/Q: Nothing to see yet, hoping my Ava temps are more consistent this cycle and O is more obvious.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marebear15 YAY for fall decor!! I got mine out yesterday and decorated the house. I can't wait to go buy some mums! 
    @dogmomma271 Boo for CD2. I hope you get better confirmation of O this cycle. How do you like the Ava bracelet? 

Month/Cycle: 12

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Femara+Trigger+IUI+all the things 

R/R: Rant: No rants today! Rave: U/s Friday and hopefully IUI will soon follow! 

CS/Q: Question: What's everyone's status in regards to opening up about TTC to their real life friends/family? 
  • Options
    @marebear15 DH and I both work today too. It IS annoying!

@crookshanks10 good luck on Friday! As for your question... we're telling people we're TTC but only when it's pertinent. Otherwise their curiosity every month gets very annoying.
  • Options
    @riff323 @marebear15 My DH and I are both working today too! I didn't want to use PTO haha.

@riff323 Thank you! That's kinda where we're at. Although it's getting old lying/acting like we're just not ready for kids. Not sure why people still ask "when are ya'll having kids". UGH.
  • Options
    @crookshanks10 people are so rude! Not everyone has the same timeline for one thing; and for another, you never know what's going on in people's lives. It gets old very fast for sure.
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 - I hope Ava works better for you this cycle.

@crookshanks10 - We are pretty open about TTC. *TW previous pregnancy*
    Although last time around, we were pretty private, but I think that's because DH was very sensitive to the thought of being infertile. This time around we are very open with saying, "We're trying for #2" in any casual conversation. Although most people don't know that we've been trying for 4 cycles.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 14/8

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, HIO, will start OPKs in a few days, BBT 

R/R: rave: I have today off and DH is gone so I have high hopes of being productive around the house, but the reality is I will prob be lazy and relax rant: I really should be working today to get ready for the next few months of busy budgeting but I’m just going to dread my work day tomorrow. 

CS/Q: nope

@marebear15  I love decorating for fall. I need to dig my decor out!
    @crookshanks10 most of our close friends know our TTC situation. Unfortunately I have a few friends who’ve dealt with IF so we have good conversations. And I’m pretty open when other people ask me questions about it, but I don’t just bring it up in conversations, it makes some people uncomfortable and I’ve found it’s just more awkward then. 
  • Options
    grangerhp37grangerhp37 member
    edited September 2018
    @crookshanks10 I like the Ava in that it doesn’t disrupt my sleep at all. I have trouble falling asleep most nights and I think worrying about getting a good temp was making it worse. Ava has definitely helped with that. I’m not totally confident in my temps yet, I had a very noticeable shift from BBT temps. This past cycle with Ava my temps went up after I think I O’d but then they dropped below cover for several days so that caused more stress. It’s supposed to take a few months to adjust to you so I’m hoping this cycle will be more consistent!

Also re: your question, I just had this talk with H last night. No one knows yet except for one coworker of mine who TTC for over a year then TW got pregnant her first cycle on Clomid. I reached out to her after my PCOS diagnosis. My OB said I could come in to talk about next steps after 6 months if we’re unsuccessful (due to PCOS and irregular cycles) which would be November, so I’ve been debating whether I’d want to tell some close friends/family around then. It’s hard because I still have it in my head that it’s supposed to be this big surprise when we finally get to tell people we’re KU, but I just don’t know if it’s worth feeling so alone for all the time that we’re unsuccessful.
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 enjoy your lazy day!
    @crookshanks10 I have told a couple friends locally and my sister, but not my parents. My relationship with my mom is rocky and I don't trust her to keep the info to herself or not obsessively bug me about it. 
    @dogmomma271 good luck with temps this cycle!
    @marebear15 Fx for sustained temp spike! 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Kindara app, CM, prenatals, chinese herbs, acupuncture

R/R: Disappointed about an unsuccessful cycle, but I am happy that I made it to a 26 day cycle, since I've had a lot of shorties over the past year. 

CS/Q: nope.