October 2018 Moms
Options

UO 8/30

Again I drop the ball!! Let's hear them!

Re: UO 8/30

• Options
    Starting calm lol 
    Anything other than whole milk is garbage!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kfrob yes, they are the best!!! I may or may not have bought a box to make for after this baby gets here. 
  • Options
    Awe I wish I started this before I left walmart!! Could so use some brownies...
  • Options
    I have a box of Ghiradelli brownie mix taunting me in my pantry.  It has been for a few days now.  I just don’t have time!!!

and I still want to bake a pie.  
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of whole milk, but I don't drink milk much anyway. I prefer 2% if I'm drinking milk. I do mostly almond milk, but won't drink a glass of it straight up. Chocolate milk though....

I have a box of Carmel brownies sitting next to my stove to make, I just haven't had time to make them. I keep saying SS and I are going to make them.
  • Options
    My mom stopped making homemade and started making Ghirardelli years ago. I never complained. 
  • Options
    I grew up with skim milk in the house only, but since becoming an adult I’ve seen the light and only get whole milk now. 

I can’t get on board with the boxed brownie mixes though... homemade is sooo much better, and you actually know what’s going into them!!  
  • Options
    Yes @pumpkinpancake !!! We grew up with anything from skin to 2% and I hated it.. milk flavored water... 
    DH and I only buy whole, my parents still buy 2% sometimes and my mom doesn't even drink milk!?
  • Options
    I can't drink a class of straight up milk. Needs to have chocolate in it. We buy 1% because we don't love milk that much .
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    I don’t drink milk because of a dairy sensitivity (still eat ice cream though...haha) I will say that I used to buy 0% fat or 2% yogurt and this pregnancy I started eat whole milk yogurt and it was a game changer!!
  • Options
    Skim milk all day! 

Also I love the turtle brownie mix, I like them thick so I use two boxes. So much deliciousness.

My UO today is I like Tums. I had horrendous heartburn last pregnancy and this one, so I take them daily, but wish there was a candy just like them. 
  • Options
    Milk is gross unless it’s in cereal, and it needs to be 1% or 2%. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @missmaehurt that's how I feel about my prenatal gummies! Every time I have them I want a bag of candy like them.
  • Options
    DH and I both have milk/dairy sensitivities so no milk in our house now, just almond milk and that’s only for cereal. When I was a kid we had 2% up until maybe grade 5 then my mom always bought skim. Took me many many years to figure out that dairy slowly kills me!
  • Options
    @sammierose464 Yes, those are delicious too! 
  • Options
    I can drink Skim, 1%, or 2%. I like to drink my milk and not chew it :lol: I seriously love milk and dairy items! 
  • Options
    Also jealous of those who can make and eat brownies.i am still monitoring my blood sugar so brownies are a no go. Seriously so much tasty food planned for after birth! Though probably not going to happen 
  • Options
    pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited August 2018
    UO: I don't really like brownies that much. They're great when they are gooey and warm (edges suck!) with some ice cream on top, but other than that, I'm very meh about them. Feel the same way about cookies. 
  • Options
    @jemmerjams - No worries, I’ll eat your brownies for you.  You can have my glass of wine if that’s your thing.   :)
  • Options
    @jemmerjams ohhh I love crispy edges and gooey insides.
  • Options
    I grew up on 2%. This pregnancy it started really upsetting my stomach (before it did too, just not as bad), so I switched to some lactose free milk. When I didn't have gas or bloating right after drinking it, it was like a miracle.

I looooove brownies. I legit don't care what kind they are. I haven't found (or made right) a good homemade recipe yet that's better than boxed. Brownies and ice cream are my favorite dessert. Definitely making that after this GD. For all the sweets I'm missing and are on my list, I'm going to be bigger after the pregnancy than during...
  • Options
    @jemmerjams I’ll take all your brownies and cookies too! Nothing better than a fresh baked brownie or cookie! 

@hannaht8516 try this recipe from smitten kitchen if you want a good homemade brownie - https://smittenkitchen.com/2012/08/my-favorite-brownies/. Soooo good and easy too!!
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake oooh thanks! I'll save it for when I can use it!
  • Options
    For those of you needing an amazing homemade brownie recipe, these are like crack:

https://www.somethingswanky.com/fudgey-chocolate-chunk-brownies/

• Options
    @meltonjl - I’m with you on that one. 
  • Options
    @meltonjl I was the same way until thinking about having to do diaper changes in a one piece.  But I get very conservative bikinis/tankinis for DD.  Also SD is so tall and thin that every one piece she wears looks ridic.  They give her a major wedgy while super baggy everywhere else.  
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited August 2018
    +1 to babies should not be in bikinis. Plus it's just more area to have to sunscreen.

Love boxed brownies once in awhile, but I do think the recipe I use is better than any of them. All other recipes, inferior.

Nonfat milk is all I've ever known until I went lactose free. Whole milk would make me vom.
  • Options
    @KFrob I get that...I don't have a daughter so I shouldn't talk, but this week I have seen alot of bikinis for some reason...is it technically an UO to think baby wedgies are cute? :blush:
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited August 2018
    @meltonjl oh my gosh, your post just reminded me of the other day. We were at the beach and there was a little girl (maybe 3?) in a one piece with the front shoved ALLLLL the way up, essentially almost into her vagina, and completely unaware that it was not supposed to be worn like that. They has just gotten there so her parents fixed it quickly, but it was so freaking funny.
  • Options
    @meltonjllol, no, baby wedgies are super cute!!  :)  
  • Options
    Dressing up babies and young children as grown adults is ridiculous. They shouldn't be in off the shoulder knit cardigans and little leggings and boots, or vests, bow ties and flannels with rolled Jean cuffs. They should be in clothes that can get dirty and played in like idk t shirts and shorts or pants that are comfy. They're children not fashionistas
  • Options
    pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited August 2018
    @knottieamusements wine is most definitely is my thing.

@kiwi2628 agree, I LOVE kids dressed up like mini adults. It's so adorable lol. Also, because they don't have stupid sayings on clothes that way haha

Eta: baby girl will probs be in bikinis. I never could wear one pieces because my torso is too long. And MIL is 6'. So I'm all about *tasteful* 2 pieces that are age appropriate.