March 2019 Moms

Pregnancy Announcements

Re: Pregnancy Announcements

• I think I’m going to have the kiddos (girl and boy) play tug-a-war 
  • Loading the player...
  • @smf2018 it’s perfect! Love it!!
  • @3rdtime_charmed that is SO stinking cute!!
  • @HoneyBear40 that’s so cute, love the munchkin word play! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @mamakate1616 Thanks! :) the sign was all the energy I could muster besides buying the donuts lol
  • @thedaint87 We did something similiar! We got the I am a big sister book and while I read it to her hubby took some pictures.
  • @tiabelle319 I was really touched by your story. I’m sure it’s even more important to those that knew her! What a wonderful tribute.

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• Thank you!! @3rdtime_charmed it has been an emotional time for sure, but baby is definitely the silver lining.
  • HoneyBear40HoneyBear40 member
    edited September 2018
    @tiabelle319 Beautiful. I'm sure your Mom does have a hand in your blessing <3

AFM: I'm at a loss for what to do as far as an announcement. Well...I know what I'd like to do just not when to do it. We've told most people we would like to know and hope the word of mouth runs from there. My biggest issue is my brother gets married next weekend and while I don't want to trump his day it would be a great time to make sure the rest of my family knows. I want to do the typical social media announcement and I was thinking I'd post this weekend but is it weird to worry that my brother and/or his fiance will think I'm trying to steal their "pre-wedding thunder"? I feel like I need to add that he's getting married on my anniversary so he's stealing from me in a way but probably still not a good idea to post something about my anniversary and new baby on his wedding day LOL which takes me back to posting this weekend but is that too close to their wedding still?
    If you've read my whining this far, do you have any thoughts?
  • @honeybear40 I’d wait until after, unless you think you’ll give yourself away at the wedding. Or maybe call him and ask what he and his fiancé think.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @meggyme My brother & his fiance know along with my parents, grandparents and 2 aunts that will for sure be there...it's just a matter of the rest of the family (it's a large one). I'm thinking it's going to come up at some point but hopefully it's just not in a special moment of theirs. More I think about it more I'll just see if anyone says anything and wait to do a social media post until the following week.
  • @HoneyBear40 You're so nice!! I still can't believe they picked your anniversary for their wedding day. Guess you can always play it by ear. If you're already showing a little, it maybe easier when at the wedding to tell some more people that you may not see often, then after it announce. Whether it's announce before or after on social media, someone may get their panties in a wad. But I believe people can still be happy for them and you at the same time. :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @honeybear40 I would talk to your brother and his fiance to see if they care either way. MH and I were in a similar situation and ended up announcing publicity 2 weeks before a family wedding because I wasn't sure I could hide my bump (or MIL could contain her excitement). We definitely didn't steal any thunder from the bride and groom who were too preoccupied with everyone coming up to them with congratulations to notice the smaller number also stopping by to say congratulations to us. Plus... Really, they are getting married on your anniversary? They can't expect you to completely ignore that and make it all about themselves, can they?
  • @kristimh80 Yeah...more like biting my tongue. My mom told him he needed to ask me if it was ok. He didn't ask, he told me they were getting married on the same day and I needed to be ok with it cause his bride was already "freaking out" about changing the date. Can I add this was before they had even looked for a venue?? I was the nasty sister secretly praying their venue wouldn't be open on my date but no such luck!

@mayoduck You wouldn't think so but.....both are pretty selfish people in their own respects so I could see them completely forgetting it's my anniversary once it's the day-of.
  • @HoneyBear40 I agree with what was just said...annouce when you want to! :) They never asked your permission or gave a crap what you think. Plus, didn't you say they are always fighting? So who knows what will happen if she'd that unstable lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @HoneyBear40 Good luck! As I said, I can't imagine they'll notice the attention you get day of because they'll have too much else to be distracted by!