Infertility
Options

Introduction-- Hi everyone!

Hi there,
I thought I would introduce myself before jumping into the other threads. My DH and I are both 29 years old, we've been together for nearly a decade and married for 4 years. I got off birth control in July 2016 and we figured we would just see what happened without really "trying" (now I look back on myself and say "ugh" because I was so idealistic). About 6 months in I started to chart and track my cycles with Fertility Friend without doing temping or OPKs. I talked to my gyno after a year and she didn't seem concerned. My DH and I weren't ready to pursue anything at that point because we still were hopeful it would happen naturally. In March of this year we finally decided it was time for some help. My doctor ordered the preliminary tests which both came back fine (DH's were great and mine were great other than a slight increase in testosterone). My doctor then put me on Metformin and Clomid for 3 months (unmonitored) to see if that would help-- she was positive we would come back within 3 months pregnant. Unfortunately that didn't work and so yesterday she made the referral to an RE. I'm hopeful we can finally figure out what is wrong. I feel like if I just know what is wrong then I will feel more confident that we will be able to solve the problem. 

This experience has taught me patience. I have always been a type-A person with a plan who gets things done and this is just something that I can't force. Believe me, I have tried. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there are good things in our future with this new RE. In the meantime, I'm so excited to have a group to learn from and vent to. I'm intentionally keeping this from family and friends because I can't stand the pressure of them either wondering if I'm pregnant yet or feeling pity for me. So I'm very thankful for you all! 

Re: Introduction-- Hi everyone!

• Options
    I just want to say hi and Welcome <3 Best of luck in your journey - I hope your stay here is short (and I mean that in the nicest possible way!!)
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018