November 2018 Moms

Plus-Size Mom Check-In (September)

I realized that it's been over a month since the last Plus-Size Mom Check-In post--my sincere apologies!  I thought we could continue with a monthly post for the next few months until our little ones are here (and even afterward, if desired!)  Feel free to either follow the below prompt or write whatever is on your mind! :)

What is your estimated due date and how far along are you?

How are you feeling? What are your symptoms? Any anxiety?

How are you doing with activity and nutrition?

What are your questions, comments, and/or concerns?
      Nov. '18 September Siggy Challenge: Falling into Fall

Re: Plus-Size Mom Check-In (September)

• What is your estimated due date and how far along are you?
    EDD: 11/17/2018; 28w 5d

I am feeling pretty good, actually.  Getting bigger with baby has actually been really awesome this past week especially--I have started to really feel baby kick (and my husband too, for the first time this past week!), which has really helped give me peace of mind and keep my anxiety away.  Also, people are starting to recognize that I am pregnant and not just plus-size anymore, which is really special to me!  As far as symptoms go, I have been up 5-6 times in the middle of the night to pee and I have been slowly losing energy/stamina.  Surprisingly, some of my earlier symptoms (swollen ankles, heartburn, public bone/breast aches) have lessened with the start of my third trimester.

I haven't been very active, to be honest.  I have been much better about my nutrition, though.  I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes a few weeks ago, and have since altered my diet to stay below a glucose level of 140 one hour after eating each of my meals.  At first I was eating too little carbs, and lost 3 pounds in one week.  I have since added minimal carbs back in and I think I have found an okay balance.  My only issue is that I can't seem to keep my fasting number below 95 this week, which means I will likely need to start on insulin at night next week. :(  Bummed but I have been really trying and my doctor explained that sometimes the fasting number just can't be controlled with diet (my after-dinner numbers are good!).

Anyone else with similar symptoms?  Any FTMs as intrigued as I am about how it feels to have baby move around inside of you?  I joke and tell people that I am starting to feel like a Bounce House, lol.  How about anyone else who has also been diagnosed with gestational diabetes?  I hope you all are doing and feeling well. <3  I am getting excited that I am nearing 30 weeks pregnant so I can start my 10-week count down.  Also, my baby shower is coming up on 9/8 which despite my introvert-ness will be really special. :)
          Nov. '18 September Siggy Challenge: Falling into Fall

11/18, 28+3 :)

I'm doing good. Getting tired easier and need to take breaks more often but nothing like first trimester with all the nausea and MS. Aside from the general aches, pains, heartburn, and all that "fun" it really bizarre to me that my metabolism seems to LOVE being pregnant.  I'm curious to see where I'm at during my appt on Friday. Wish me luck, it's the dreaded GTT along with my 28wk appt.  My belly is definitely getting bigger and I love it <3
    Started re-taking my anxiety med and it's been helping. OB hadn't been concerned with me continuing it but I wanted to try and see if I couls go without for a few months. It was not great lol.

I try to be active although it's super hard most days. Still gardening and I walk a lot at work. So although I should do more I'm not stressing over it. Same with nutrition. Still doing smaller meals more often and just trying to make healthier choices.

I LOVE feeling baby move!!! It's hands down the best part of pregnancy IMO. The rolls and tumbles are super weird feeling but the high kicks and low hand flutters are just simply amazing <3 MH loves to "fight" with her already. He'll nudge her and she'll kick back. She'll wiggles closer to his hand and he'll poke her away. Yesterday she was being super lazy. Active but lazy movements until I got home and once he started talking she perked up and started with the big movements.
     <3 she is definitely already a daddy's girl. 

@serabjorn I hope your shower is absolutely wonderful!!!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Loading the player...
    EDD is 11/22/18 but with the twins my induction date will be 11/07/18. I'm 28w1d today.

Every day is different. Some days I feel awesome, some days I'm so ridiculously tired I could fall asleep anywhere and the other day I was so spacey I actually hit my husband's truck while trying to park even though I was looking directly at it. I keep having nightmares about being forced to have an epidural with a c-section and running out of the hospital to avoid both while in active labor so I'm must be anxious about that. 

Honestly, I was better before I got pregnant. However, my body seems to love being pregnant. I'm still 2lbs down from my prepregnancy weight even with all of my edema (that started last week...yay), so I'm happy about that!. 

I'm with you ladies...I love the movement and I do feel like a bounce house. Especially because there are two...it is almost constant movement and I can't really tell who's who. Two days ago they were pretty lazy which freaked me out but now they are back to normal lol. Unfortunately, whenever my husband tries to feel them they stop completely...it's actually pretty funny. I'm hoping one day he'll get to feel them. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

11/18, 28+6

Tired and sore! New symptom to develop is a runny/stuffy nose every night. I'm probably more anxious than I want to be about preterm labor, even though my OB is happy with my current cervical length. 

Activity is really good! I can hardly sit down while at work. Starting a new school year and "training" kids is no joke. Nutrition has been okay. I eat really well throughout the day, but I have been allowing myself some kind of sweet treat after dinner. My weight has got up 2 lbs this past month, but my blood sugars have been spot on.

I've been having a lot of lower abdominal pain. Maybe its round ligament pain? I'm not sure. I just know it kicks in at the end of the day when I've been especially active and on my feet. Those are the days my ankles swell as well. 
    DH hurt his back and is having sciatic nerve pain in his leg now, which means its really difficult to come home and relax when we are both "down for the count" but still have to take care of DS. I get that DH is hurting, but he acts like I'm being selfish for refuse to do house work sometimes. It's like he forgot we had a preterm baby before and that I should probably be cautious this time?

I'm 3 days from the point where I gave birth to DS. My next MFM appointment is Wednesday. It will be a little weird, seeing baby girl on the inside still a day after the point I gave birth to DS. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers