March 2019 Moms
Options

Feeling pessimistic

I’m having trouble actually picturing my pregnancy being successful and resulting in a baby. 

It sounds ridiculous, but I literally can’t picture actually having another baby. 
Ive been on progesterone since 5 weeks, have a SCH and I think those are the biggest contributors to me just feeling overall pessimistic about me having a successful pregnancy. And I just cannot shake the negativity in my own head, even though I can successfully find baby’s HB with my Doppler literally every time. Is there anyone else feeling this way or am I just a crazy person? 

Re: Feeling pessimistic

• Options
    Are you pregnant after prior loss? If so, feel free to join us on our weekly check in. Many of us have struggled with feeling that way.
    It sounds like you have a lot going on, hopefully as you look through the other threads on the board, you will find you are not alone. For some, pregnancy is really scary!! 

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• Options
    I’ve had one early miscarriage, but also one perfectly healthy baby, who’s now three. 
    My SO and I were under the impression he was unable to have children (he’s not my sons father- we met when my son was about a year) and we were both at a point where we accepted that my son would be our only child, and were totally shocked when I found out I was pregnant. So thin when I was told my progesterone was only at an 8, and I needed to take The suppositories, then that I had a SCH I just got super worried that things were heading down hill, and that this was like our one shot at having a baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That does sound intense. Lots of our loss mommas have had full term deliveries too, that doesn’t always stop PGAL brain from doing its thing...

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• Options
    Previous losses make all this that much scarier. I’m also on progesterone, about to go off when I hit 12 weeks Friday and it’s been a source of anxiety for me as well. Several other mamas on here are also dealing with SCH (my sister actually dealt with one early in her last pregnancy and that resulted in now 7 month old twins) who may be good support for you. And as @3rdtime_charmed mentioned there are quite a few PGAL ladies on here and I know I’ve found a lot of support and reassurance here. 
  • Options
    I second both @3rdtime_charmed and @lelkcot. The PGAL gals are great and that board was so, very supportive. It is nearly impossible to get out of that mindset. Take it day by day and try your best to distract yourself.