January 2019 Moms
Options

Baby Name Thread - Take Three

Since we're about half baked and the vast majority of us know the sex of our baby(if we want to)........

What's on your short list?
FN decided? MN? Got the whole thing locked down? 
TW

M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Baby Name Thread - Take Three

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kns1988 no promises, DH has a cousin named Aaron and we call him "ay-aron" all the time. lol 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    So, we started joking long ago that we would name baby after my girlfriends from b-school -- there are three of them. Well eventually we really liked the sound of two of them: Kristen Elizabeth. (our last name is Kelley, so I like that it sounds strong together, and doesn't rhyme with Kelley, like so many names nowadays do... Ellie, Shelley, etc). The other friend will be pissed, but meh she'll get over it ;) ANYHOO here's where I need help: 
    I love the way that Kristen Elizabeth sounds, but I am not in love with the name Kristen (mainly because the "meaning" of the name is "Christian", which is boring and not very descriptive). I need your help figuring out other strong "K" or "C" names that don't rhyme with "Kelley". Also, it can not be Katherine/Catherine or Karen, as my DH had serious girlfriends by those names ;) 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    wkuandrea said:
    So, we started joking long ago that we would name baby after my girlfriends from b-school -- there are three of them. Well eventually we really liked the sound of two of them: Kristen Elizabeth. (our last name is Kelley, so I like that it sounds strong together, and doesn't rhyme with Kelley, like so many names nowadays do... Ellie, Shelley, etc). The other friend will be pissed, but meh she'll get over it ;) ANYHOO here's where I need help: 
    I love the way that Kristen Elizabeth sounds, but I am not in love with the name Kristen (mainly because the "meaning" of the name is "Christian", which is boring and not very descriptive). I need your help figuring out other strong "K" or "C" names that don't rhyme with "Kelley". Also, it can not be Katherine/Catherine or Karen, as my DH had serious girlfriends by those names ;) 
    Corinne 
    Christina 
    Christine 
    Caroline 
    Celeste 
    Camille
    Cordelia 
    Calliope 
    Kathleen 
    Kaitlynn 
    Kendra
    Kendall 
    Keira 
    Kimber

TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt, that's funny because Isaac, Elliott, and Elijah were all on my short list for DS (we went with none of them, but Elijah was close). 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @wkuandrea DD1's MN is Karis, it's the Greek word for Grace.  We really loved the meaning and that it's unique but not too out there.

Stuck in the quote box, but thank you! I'll run it past DH... I'm guessing it'll get a no, but worth a try!

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    We've considered Elisheba, Zipporah, and Athaliah for girls and Jericho, Issachar, and Hezekiah for boys. We aren't in love with any of those names, and we're considering dropping the biblical theme altogether (DSS is Malachi, so I've been trying to match with him).

Abandoning the biblical theme, we love Mairead, Siobhan, Roisin, and Caoimhe for girls. We can't agree on any boy names though
  • Options
    @kns1988 I like your style! If you don’t mind me asking what name did you end up with for your son? 
  • Options
    Were thinking either Noah James or Owen for this little guy. I'm trying to get my dh on board with Henry but he hates the nickname Hank, we'll see. 

I'm not sure if Owen James sounds right so I'm trying to think of other middle name options but I keep coming back to James. 
  • Options
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt My DS2 is Elliott, so of course I'm partial to that one ;) we also considered Owen, Adrian, Oliver, Spencer, and Miles that time around.

@jgil85 if we had used Owen it would have been Owen Robert. I think James works great there too, though (my DS1 is Simon James).
  • Options
    Deciding on this kid's name is so hard. It was so much easier to name my girls. 
    Our short list- Flynn, Finnegan/Finn, Ethan, Atlas 
    His mn will most likely be Brian.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt our son is Jason Arthur, but we call him Jay. Really, I wanted to name him Jay but it sounded like a nickname, which is how I landed on Jason. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options

@haycole I love Landon! DH veto'd it so we won't be using it, but I like it

Our short list for boy names is Jackson (baby Jack :) ), Camden, or Harrison. I don't really like Harrison anymore, but DH isn't as fond of Jackson or Camden anymore...so we're kind of SOL. We've read through thousands of names and none really stand out. If we did Jackson his MN would be Allen (DH's MN) and he'd have the same initials as DH. DD has my middle name, so that would be cool.

Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    @Jackiemxoxo I like your vibe. My shortlist has Ethan Finn/Finnegan and Flynn on it as well. I think the front runner is Ellis Cash right now (cash is my dads mn). Husband “doesn’t hate” Ellis but does hate cash. Too damn bad bro, middle name is not negotiable since we’re ALL named after your dad last I checked. If DD has been a boy we were going to use Nolan but now that she’s Nora, that seems super twinny.  The only name DH has said he actually likes is Connor but we know too many of those. All the other names we both kinda like seem too common so I keep coming back to Ellis.  
  • Options
    @wolfmum I'm LOLing at "we're ALL named after your dad." 
    Hilarious! DH’s grandma commented on a Facebook pic of our baby boy announcement that our family name will “live on.” Our last name is super common and there’s no worry of it dying off.  :D
  • Options
    @potterphile/@wolfmum My husband is the same way. Shoots down every boy name I suggest and doesn't offer any other serious suggestions except stupid joke names. It's getting old. He has all these rules as to why we can't name our kid certain names (guy at work is named X, 3rd grade best friend had a dog named Y, FB "friend" he doesn't really like just had a kid named Z). He is driving me nuts. He played hard ball with our two other children and I was the one that compromised (worked with his name choices and also anglicized my relatives' Italian names to use for middle names so they weren't too "ethnic" sounding with his British surname). I'm over being nice. He needs to stop being so damn picky and start contributing some serious suggestions.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    @mrsmang I love Emily Day!
  • Options
    @tosh24 thanks for remembering who I actually am :D .. I think I’m stuck with wolfmum ... stupid TB

ditto on “playing along” w his BS on the first kid. Just don’t want to deal with all the back and forth this time (meaning me having to suggest 50 names and him shooting me down). I found a name that I really like and you don’t have any better suggestions so why can’t that be enough? He just told me that we would not be using Cash under any circumstances so I said we will just use my maiden name as a last name for this kid then. That works w me. Don’t really feel like compromising rn. 
  • Options
    @wolfmum I thought that was you but my brain is mush lately. Also re: husband's mine is the same way. DS wasn't named until after he was born. We had a name picked out most of third trimester and then he backed out at 35 weeks. This time, however, DS is set on baby girl's FN so it's not me he's going to have to convince. lol 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    @jgil85 I also really like Noah. It isn’t a contender for me because a) it’s a little too matchy with Micah and b) Our last name starts with an N, and I don’t love the alliteration. It would be on my list otherwise. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    @LCRbelle my DD (13mo) is Nora and we haven’t met another irl yet - in a state where it’s allegedly top 20.  We were sure we were going to name her Claire until the last tri  :)
  • Options
    @haycole I was very surprised to see exactly the name we have picked  Landon Isaiah, except we all have 2 middle names in our family. We usually try to use a family name for one of the middle names so we'll have to check our family records to find one that goes.   

We can't agree on a girls name so we are waiting until the anatomy scan next week to see if we even need to discuss it.  
  • Options
    @hollye30 my last BMB has two Harper Rose.