February 2019 Moms
Options

First Time Mom Check-in

1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY: What’s your favorite way to relax?

Re: First Time Mom Check-in

• Options
    16 weeks. Baby is an avocado? Except I thought baby was an avocado last week too? Fruit is confusing that way.

Mostly better, but I'm sooooo tiiiiired. I'm sleeping a ridiculous amount. And I'm so out of shape after the first trimester, my walk to work has me panting and stopping for breaks.

Nope, not for a while.

I work 3.5 hours from where I live, which works out sort of okay because I'm usually able to work from home two days a week. But I do have to have an apartment near where I work, and I go back and forth between there and home. Anyway, for the next three months I have to be in one place 3 nights a week, and another place 4 nights a week, which gets really exhausting. The drives back and forth start to feel endless. This week with beginning of the semester meetings and such I've been stuck away from home for almost two weeks, and I really miss my husband.

Baking and cooking relaxes me like nothing else, but only if it's baking I want to do instead of baking I have to do. But also, baking takes bandwidth. So, more often, just netflix in my pajamas? 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? - 14w6d, navel orange tomorrow.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? - Like shit. I’m puking more than ever, and especially at night. Tried Unisom and B6, but Unisom made me too groggy to function properly the next morning, so only B6 now. Although I’m pretty sure I vomited it up last night and this morning anyway. I’m exhausted because the puking is worst at night, so I’ve barely slept for the past few days.

3. Any appointment updates? - Nope. Next appt is Sept 13th, but it’s just a standard OB checkup.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? - I need this puking to be over. 

5. GTKY: What’s your favorite way to relax? - Netflix and chill. But like, actual chill, not the naughty one.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    17 weeks, the size of a pomegranate or chipmunk...are those even the same size?

Mentally, good since last week's appointment went well and the sequential screening results came back negative.
    Physically, blah, getting over a stomach bug and living on saltines.

AS is next, but that's a few weeks away.

My birthday is this week and we leave for Europe on Saturday!!!

Running
  • Options
    @grebretso try benedryl and b6. B6 by itself did nothing for me. Unisom and b6 did nothing but benedryl/b6 is my life at night. I do that plus melatonin and metamucil (because pregnancy is so glamorous). Wishing you a reprieve soon!

15 weeks today! App says magic 8 ball. Another app says donut

On the mend. Less nausea so that is nice. Finally getting out of the depression/funk I've been in. But a big hello to heartburn and indigestion.  Still exhausted.

No pregnancy ones. Follow up with the surgeon tomorrow. 

Anyone else thinking man pregnancy is hard on the body? FTM so maybe I'm just a wimp but dang I feel so old. Doesn't help that my incision scars are irritated.  

Sleep and a good book. Or netflix/hulu. 
  • Options
    15w6d, the size of a jar of Nutella, finally q size I can relate to :D

Pretty good, I'm still quite tired but I haven't been sleeping well so it could just be a life thing. Otherwise, some heartburn, some aches and pains...

I had my first appointment with my OB this morning. It went very well! He was nice, took his time to chat, was happy to ask my questions... It was a relief because my family doctor is extremely convenient and gets the job done but it's a compromise.

Nah....
    @hnbergeron I feel the same way! It's the weird aches and pains for no reason, getting winded going up stairs... Glamourous.

Probably netflix or YouTube. But lately I've been forcing myself to get outside and walk everyday and it's always nice and relaxing in a different way. 

• Options
    @hnbergeron I’m scared to try Benadryl since Unisom knocked me out cold for almost the entire following day. I’ve never taken sleeping tablets/antihistamines before, so I’m scared it’ll happen again with a different brand. Might be worth a shot anyway, but not until I have a day I can waste, just in case.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso... the pills i got from the dr knocked me out cold... was awful i didnt take them after the first day... at least w nausea i could stay awake
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 17, a pomegranate

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Pretty good, tired in the afternoon and need a nap, but otherwise can't complain

3. Any appointment updates?  Next appt is Sept 10, anatomy scan!

5. GTKY: What’s your favorite way to relax? Napping for the win!