March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 2 Check in (8/27 - 9/2)

This thread is for those due March 10 to 16

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment?

Re: Week 2 Check in (8/27 - 9/2)

• Options

Due date: 3/15

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment tomorrow, the big intake appointment, so answering the same questions a million times, asking about getting the NIPT done and getting like 1/3 of my blood drawn (crossing fingers they’ll check hb too).

Rants/Raves?: Trying not to let myself get too nervous about tomorrow’s appointment...

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous, but hopefully improving? I’m so ready to feel better and more like myself!

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? Outside of my kiddo, probably running a half-marathon. I wasn’t fast, but I trained hard and ran the whole thing.

• Options

Due date: 3/14ish

Any appointments? Questions?: anyone have feedback on how long it takes to get records transferred to a new provider? Had a dream that I asked them to and they yelled at me and said “IT WILL BE 62 DAYS!” and hung up. My new dr apparently won’t see me unless I bring those. 

Rants/Raves?: I posted on the sex thread already but we got our NIPT results back and it’s a healthy boy! Now the name battle begins.

How are you feeling?: pretty good all things considered

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? Hmmm. This is a tough one. Probably taking over and leading a team to deliver a really high quality product and then training the workforce on it, all when I was a very junior employee (actually still an intern!). The person I took over from was a GS15 and my boss took a gamble on me and it worked out great for us both. 

@lelkcot that is super impressive!! I hope some day to convince myself to train that hard and complete one too. I’d like to do a Disney (half) marathon.

Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date: 3/15

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until 14 weeks. I did get a call saying the Prelude test came back all good today though.

Rants/Raves?: DS is CRAZY the past few days. Super terrible tantrums. & it turns out he has a cavity & he'll have to go under general anesthesia to get it taken care of :( I feel terrible but the dentist said that there's still gum tissue over the tooth (new molar) and sometimes the cavity can happen before the tooth is fully erupted. My poor bub. 

How are you feeling?: Hungry, achey. My pelvic bones hurt.

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? Besides having my first baby, maybe graduating college (it was in the middle of a slew of family issues including the death of my father)

SaveSave
  • Options

Due date: 3-12-16

Question about an appointment, haha. Do they do an ultrasound at a 12 week appointment if they did one at my 8 week? DH didn't get to be there for the first one, so now I'm worried we won't do one this appointment and he'll be disappointed.

How are you feeling?: 

Good days and bad days. One day I'm feeling pretty normal, minimal nausea, no dry heaves/vomiting. Then the next day (or two or three...) I lose all my breakfast and am laid up on the couch for hours before I can start my day.  :( Feeling fatter and fatter without really seeing a bump, really doing damage to my self esteem.

I don't know if it's actually my biggest accomplishment, but it sure felt like it- the first time I ran the Soldier Field 10-mile race in Chicago. I had never run more than 2 miles before it, and I trained my butt off to make it happen. Grew up in a family of Bears fans, so finishing my first 10 miler on the 50 yard line of Soldier field was a really amazing accomplishment and experience. I've run it a couple more times since, and did a half marathon before our wedding 2 years ago, but none ever felt so satisfying as that first time :)

• Options
    @lucysmom2016 most doctors won't for non-high risk moms. After the dating scan (sounds like yours was 8 weeks) usually the next u/s will be at the 20 week anatomy scan. You should be able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler though!!

SaveSave
  • Options

Due date: 

March 10th

12 week in depth anatomy scan tomorrow, super excited, super nervous. Not sure what to expect. 

Rants/Raves?: 

Only a select few know I am pregnant and it’s been kind of fun having this secret. My husbands birthday is Wednesday, so we might tell our folks then, idk. I want to get my mom a birthday card and put a copy of the ultrasound in the card bc I’m due the day after her birthday. 

How are you feeling?: 

Today I felt physically great, which amped up my anxiety naturally. 

Getting my bachelors degree, I took night classes from when my son was two till he was about to turn five. I feel like I missed out on a lot with him, but now we are able to afford to do more and give him more. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Due date: March 13 but it's twins so more likely Valentines day but for now sticking with this date.

Any appointments, questions?: I have an appointment tomorrow and get to see the babies again, praying the placentas didn't fuse!

Rants/Raves?: My little boy just turned 6 and he starts kindergarten tomorrow and thanks to crazy hormones I've cried like 10 times. I feel like a flipping crazy person!

How are you feeling?: Still struggling with nausea and vomitting and I'm so tired all the time. Just ran out of my Diclegis and I'm on the fence about ordering more because I'm praying this gets better soon. I have a post partum hernia fromy son that is really flaring up lately thanks to my bump that really started to pop. I feel so whiney all the time I annoy myself lol.

GTKY what is your biggest accomplishment?: Probably working up the courage to go back to school last year. I got pregnant with my son during summer break between my sophomore and junior years. It was so so hard but I completed my junior year while working full time and raising my son. Sadly though I deferred the fall semester because this pregnancy has kicked my butt so far and I'm struggling to function as is lol.
  • Options

Due date: 3/12

Any appointments? Questions?:  Next appointment is on 9/6.  Will meet with my regular OB who did my previous c-sections to get that scheduled, and they'll do the sonogram and NTS.

Rants/Raves?: Our NIPT came back yesterday.  Everything is great and we're having another girl!  I'm so excited.  

How are you feeling?: Super nauseous and my heartburn is out of control.

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment?  As of today, passing the bar exam.  The minute we get DD1 potty-trained, though, THAT will be my biggest accomplishment (even though it's technically HER accomplishment.  LOL).

• Options

Due date: 3/10

Any appointments? Questions?: appointment was yesterday. Found the heart beat on the doppler. Had a mini meltdown and started crying at the appointment because of all the anxiety that there would be bad news. I'll go back in 2 weeks which isn't normal but just kindness from the midwife because I'm struggling between appointments and fearful of going in at the same time.

Rants/Raves?: So much work to do and so little energy to do it. Hubby wants to have friends over this weekend and the cleaning and cooking has me wanting to take a nap already! 

How are you feeling?: OK, days that symptoms are less make me nervous.

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? When I was just out of college, I had a really clear goal for success in life : A red sports car. After I started my first big girl job, I got one and it was so fun and cool to drive.

• Options
    I'm super late since school started this week, but better late than never?

Due date: March 10

Had my 12 week appt and our FTS on Monday. Both went well! Baby is healthy and growing and we are very low risk of any chromosome issues. 

Rants/Raves?: 

The first week of school has killed me and it's not even over. I'm so exhausted. Thankfully we have a three day weekend for labor day. I've got a good class so far but it's just a busy time.

How are you feeling?: see my rant.  Feeling tired and so over this "night sickness". I don't throw up but I feel terrible in the evenings. The one day I was able to nap in the afternoon I felt much better but of course I won't get to do that again any time soon. 

Besides DS, probably the students I've taught who made a ton of growth over the year. One came in reading at a Kinder level and left at benchmark (I teach 2nd grade.). Seeing that growth is just amazing and makes me feel like I am where I'm supposed to be.

• Options

Due date: March 16th

Any appointments? Questions?: Had an appt with my Dr yesterday and got to see the baby and hear their heartbeat. Everything looks good but as I'm 38 I'm still going to get NIPT done next week. I'm a little anemic so I've been given iron supplements. I have my 12wk ultrasound on Weds. 

Rants/Raves?: my rant & rave: I bought a super cute non maternity dress on sale (for next summer bc it was a steal at 60%off!) and I wanted to wear it to work once but don't think I can without outing myself as preggers. My bump is moving past had-a-big-lunch phase to the I'm-obvs-with-child phase. It's so adorable though that I don't want to wait until next summer to wear it. Grrrr. 

How are you feeling?: dizzy at least once a day, probably due to being a little anemic. Waiting for the nausea to go away too. 

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? Finally moving to Spain after dreaming about it for 10 years.