March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 3 Check In (8/27-9/3)

meggymemeggyme member
edited September 2018 in March 2019 Moms
This check in is for ladies with due dates 3/17-3/23. Let me know if this is your first check in and I will add you. @treetop19 @zionsmama85 @3rdtime_charmed @gowenc @sydbom @midwestmommatobe @maserrano714@Jlavo888 @lisee923 @lindseyb918 @beachbaby0523 @meggyme @runnunggal28 @natty101219 @emarcinek99@omama19 @babycolima12 @canadamommy @babyperogie @chermammabear

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Week 3 Check In (8/27-9/3)

• Options
    Due date: 3/20

Any appointments? Questions?: Just waiting impatiently for my NIPT results. Anyone else do NIPT before? How long do the results take?

Rants/Raves?:  DH is still out of town until Thursday and DD has been missing him a lot and is downright cranky because of it.

How are you feeling?: Tired with random bursts of energy.

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? Maintaining a career despite moving 6 times in the last 9 years.
  • Options
     Due date: 3/17 (11 weeks 1 day) 

Any appointments? Questions?: I have my nuchal translucency US scheduled for next week. 

Rants/Raves?: Rant: ehhh my SO is getting on my nerves bc i think he thinks im being dramatic about my appetite. i have been very picky lately and he doesnt believe that certain things make me gag immediately and im this close to smacking him in the head. Rave: i had a fantastic week long vacation last week for my 33rd birthday and i really enjoyed my me time and i ate well LOL 

How are you feeling?: much better, morning sickness is pretty much gone, except i have to eat every 3 hours at least or i feel sick, i am very constipated though and im close to calling the Doc. been drinking citracel all weekend and started prunes today. gonna try and drink a buttload (LOL) of water today and see if it helps. i have a history of constipation as a child, too much iron in my formula, and i DO NOT like this feeling and pretty much go out of my way to avoid it. im close to downing some milkshakes (i am lactose intolerant) to see if that will get the factory going HAHA

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? graduating college...it was a struggle. plus i got pregnant my last year...and working 2 jobs and a full course load and pregnancy were a lot. but i did it. and i have my degree (as useless as it is-art history- and my amazing 9 year old DS to show for it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @zionsmama85 any time I hear about partners not believing we are feeling sick/ having aversions I think we should just puke on them and then tell them not to be so dramatic.
  • Options
    First check in :)

Due date: March 21, 2018

Any appointments? Questions?: Prenatal check-up this week and will be scheduling NT US

Rants/Raves?: Rave: So, thankful for my mom and all the help she has been providing us. She cooks us food all the time to bring home and it's just been a huge help since I've been so tired and sick.

How are you feeling?:  Meh. Good news: My nausea only pops in late afternoon/early evening now. Bad news: I am experiencing severe heartburn/acid reflux now all day now. Still bloated and have not slept through the night in two weeks. 

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? Most recently, completing my degree last year while working full-time and getting a position in my field of studies the same week graduated :)
  • Options
    I've haven't been on for a few weeks so I'm happy to be back!

Due date: March 22 although I was measuring ahead at our appointment on 8/17

Any appointments? Questions?: No appointments since 8/17 but everything was good!  Big relief!

Rants/Raves?: My husband has been more supportive recently.  For a few weeks there I was pretty much zoned out on the couch from exhaustion and nausea when I want at work and he was being kind of passive aggressive.  Now that he gets to hear me puke night (something new!) he seems to get it more.  And he is researching baby stuff which is super sweet.  I guess that's both a rant and a rave!

How are you feeling?: I have more good moments although I am now vomiting regularly.  I guess it all even out in the end? Starting to have more energy which is a plus. 

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? 
    Probably getting my Master's degree and my LMHP (licensed mental health practitioner).  It was a 6 year process and I am able to do something I am passionate about!
  • Options
    Due date: March 17ish - my OB says the 16th based on dating from my last period (and assuming a 28 day cycle), 17th based on dating ultrasound. He did this last time too, went with the earlier date even though my cycles are usually 29-31 days.

Any appointments? Questions?: No appointments but I should get my Counsyl results by Thursday or Friday. I'm pretty anxious about them, more so than with my first. I think just starting pregnancy from a less healthy place is causing me some anxiety in general.

Rants/Raves?: Rave - don't seem to be nauseous anymore. Rant - I still only want to eat junk. Double rant: Having to get up multiple times at night to pee. I just want some uninterrupted sleep damn it!

How are you feeling?: Okay overall, just tired mostly. Moody - everyone is kind of annoying me the last few days.

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? I'd say getting to where I am in my career. I wasted most of my 20s screwing around, then finally got back on track after grad school. I started from the absolute bottom of entry level and fought my way up to a Director position at the top company in my field in a pretty short amount of time, and I've seen more of the world than I ever imagined was possible. It's not the easiest field to be in with kids, but even if I take a step back and make a career change I can be really proud of what I've accomplished in a relatively short amount of time.
  • Options
    @meggyme I looked it up from when I was pregnant with my son. Counsyl took 6 days from the time they received the blood sample.
  • Options
    Due date: March 20th

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment coming up on Sept 17 - will get the blood test done on that appointment to screen for defects. Too long to wait.

Rants/Raves?: Glad this pregnancy is progressing normally and I'm finally starting to get excited about it... TW... after experiencing losses in the past I'm truly grateful to be at this point and for how smoothly everything has gone to date; including the fact that this pregnancy happened right away without the 2 years of trying I dealt with in the past.

How are you feeling?:  Still nauseated - blech.  The meds I got seem to be taking the edge off though which is great - but still there are times when I'm just feeling too sick to do anything even with taking the meds.  Doesn't help that DH is still convinced that I'm faking it.  UGH.  

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment?  Getting my writing published.  I worked for a time as a reporter and loved writing and seeing my name in print.  Unfortunately I had to move and give up that job for a job I don't exactly love (lol) but it pays the bills for which I'm thankful.
  • Options
    @treetop19 That sucks that you had to leave your reporting job. I'm not enjoying what I do right now. I'm hoping that when we move (probably next summer) that I'll be able to find something that I really enjoy. It's not worth looking for something new here now.
  • Options
    gowencgowenc member
    edited August 2018
    @meggyme I just got an email saying my Counsyl results are ready. I have a big meeting in 15 minutes and a ton of stuff to get out the door before I leave for the day so I'm going to wait until I'm home to look at them with MH. But for time frame reference - my blood draw was on Thursday, so they turned it around pretty quick this time.
  • Options
    Yaay for good test results!

Due date: 3/19 based on LMP and conception date

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment is mid-September

Rants/Raves?: Rave! I ate a doughnut before bed on Saturday night, and I am 85% sure that when I laid down, I could feel the early flutters of baby! This is about when I started feeling it with DS, and always after a sugary meal. But I ate two cookies before bed last night to see if I could get it to happen again, and all I got was heart palpitations lol. 

How are you feeling?: Very limited nausea, otherwise feeling better!

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? I think I've mentioned this on an earlier post, but a recent accomplishment was working with MH to pay off our debt (besides our house) in July. It took three years of saying no to vacations, careful meal planning, and consignment shopping, but we paid off $136,000 which included credit cards, a car, cell phones, and student loans. I felt like we climbed a mountain when we were done!
  • Options
    Has anyone used/using a midwife? I'm meeting with one ot the midwives at my practice for my 12week appt and I thought I understood what they were all about, but I'm realizing that all I really know is their limitations (essentially if I needed a Csection they can't perform it) but none of the other differences.
  • Options

@meggyme I used a midwife for my pregnancy/birth of DS, and I am going with a midwife this time around too.  The main difference between a midwife/OB that I can see is, a midwife is going to favor fewer interventions during labor than an OB.  I used an OB for my daughter - and was induced using Pitocin and had to have an epidural.  My son was born naturally with a midwife.  I guess it really depends on what your preference is - if you prefer natural birth, a midwife can help you get there and is the way to go.  Midwives will give you an epidural if you want/need one, however, so it's not like they won't offer pain relief. To me it just made sense to go with a midwife since I have had low risk pregnancies.

Congrats on your good test results!

• Options
    @treetop19 thanks. I guess the fact that my hospital also has a midwifery/birth center I get confused at what all my options are. I definitely want the option of an epidural, since I ended up having one last time. But otherwise the fewer interventions needed, the better. Other than antibiotics for GBS and some infection after birth, I didn't need any last time and would like to do the same this time. I do worry about someone thinking I need an induction because baby was measuring 5 days behind the due date they decided to keep. If this one goes late like my last one did, I don't want to be bullied into an induction. I guess these are all concerns I'll just have to bring up to the midwife at my appointment.
  • Options
    gowencgowenc member
    edited August 2018
    I went with a midwives practice that was housed within a hospital. To me, it was the best of both worlds - the midwives supported my wish for as low intervention as possible, even though my baby boy ended up having other plans. I switched at 30 weeks and the main difference in care I noticed was that they actually spent time with me at my appointments. I never felt rushed, and they were as concerned about my health and well being - physically and mentally - as they were the baby's. It was a stark contrast with my OB - he would basically give me my test results, ask if I had any questions, and send me on my way. I did end up having to be induced because my water broke before I was in labor, but the midwives took a very gradual approach to it and I never felt rushed or like a clock was ticking until they decided it was time to do a c-section. I ended up asking for the epidural after 36 hours of labor (and still only being 4 cm dilated), and I delivered vaginally about 6 hours after that. Had I stayed with my OB I would have had a c-section - there's no way they would have let me go past 24 hours since my water had broken.
  • Options
    @gowenc I think that's the way I'm leaning. The birth center has limited openings and also has a bunch of additional requirements, like keeping a diet and exercise log, taking childbirth classes (this is our second kid), and going to 2 open houses. And I don't think I'd be able to get an epidural there, although I don't know for sure. I definitely want that option without too much fuss.
  • Options
    1st check in! Didn't explore this app too much yet...

Due date: 3/17 with my first

Any appointments? Questions?: upcoming NIPT on Tuesday 9/4 with nuchal ultrasound. Just have been overwhelmed trying to confirm coverage for this with insurance. Have been misinformed previously and received huge dental bill.

Rants/Raves?: not telling anyone yet so having limited support while having to push through nausea/vomiting. Gained 6 pounds from the carbs that I force down all day and night. I hate constantly thinking about food when nothing sounds good! Excited this bump is showing because it's reassuring that everything is going well but since I'm petite it's getting challenging to hide!

How are you feeling?: wish I could say getting better but it's up and down. Worried about heading back to school full time next week.

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? These days if I get the dishes done, it's sadly a remarkable feat.
  • Options
    knottie8816aad008031d1f you might want to change your username so that we can recognize you a bit easier. There are a lot of knottie####'s. You're doing both the NIPT and the NT scan? Usually I think the NIPT checks for the same chromosomal disorders the NT scan does.
  • Options
    knottie8816aad008031d1f i think i'm also scheduled for both bc my OB told me i would be getting an ultrasound and blood work?  Not complaining bc i just want a chance to see bubs again before 20 weeks lol
  • Options
    I'm having both - the blood work tells you the risk to a certain point, the ultrasound confirms with the neck measurements. At least that's how my OB explained it to me. So, even though my bloodwork came back negative they still say it doesn't 100% rule anything out - there's still a residual risk.
  • Options
     Due date: March 18

Any appointments? Questions?: Still counting down the days until my first appointment. The anxiety is so bad.

Rants/Raves?: On our first “family only fun” vacation in what feels like forever. And I feel so gross. I neeeees to eat but I can barely eat. Trying to find celiac friendly healthy food while traveling that also sounds appealing to eat with nausea is next to impossible. 

We are having fun though. Our usual vacations/travelling usually end up with some or all of our family driving us up the wall. So for it to *just* be ya is quite lovely!

How are you feeling?: gross. Some days worse than others. The need to eat protein and veggies is constant but if I don’t eat soon enough I feel sick, if I eat too much I feel sick. If i eat the wrong thing... you guess it!

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? Probably my kids. Followed by getting kicked out at 18 (because my brother was too much for my parents to handle and it was my fault apparently) and making it on my own since then despite their realization that it wasn’t me and they had made the wrong choice and kept trying to get me to come home. I moved out, I rocked it and have continued rocking it!
  • Options
    Due date: 21 March

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment drought! nothing for another two weeks :s

Rants/Raves?: I'm 11 weeks today and I can't wait to tell people! I've told my close family and my supervisor, but I want to wait to tell everyone else until after my genetic testing, which I have a consult for in two weeks to see if they will put me in for it. So frustrating that the military only covers it for people 35 and older. I'm almost there, it's not like my risk is low now and shoots up in a few months!

How are you feeling?: Tired, and have to eat allllll the time, which has been a challenge at work this week. I've been in a conference, so I basically just brought my lunch back everywhere with me and was constantly pulling things out to eat. Not subtle things either - super juicy (loud) peaches, rice cakes, etc. Would be nice if I could use being pregnant as an excuse!

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? Getting pregnant - and if I carry to term, it will be having the baby! I feel like I've overcome a lot of challenges and done things I'm proud of throughout my life, but this is the most significant for me. I thought I would get pregnant as soon as my husband and I got stationed together in January 2016, but I struggled with hypothalamic amenorrhea, and by the time I figured out I had to quit exercising entirely and put on a bunch of weight to even get my period back, my husband deployed for nine months. I ended up getting pregnant shortly after he got back, which was incredible - I'd never been happier - but had a MMC last December. Had a pretty rough time after that, and my husband left for a few more months of training. So it has been quite a journey. But, here I am!! 
  • Options
    @babycolima12 are you Tricare prime or standard? I’m Tricare standard (east) and they covered both the NT scan and the NIPT. Just needed a referral request from a doctor.
  • Options
    @meggyme I’m AD so I’m prime :/ it’s so frustrating how limited the care is 
  • Options
    First check in!

@meggyme I have a midwife as well. She was with me for my first two so I don’t have anything to compare it to, but I LOVE her. She doesn’t do episiotomies or anything, but she was totally fine with me getting an epidural with my first. She was all about just following what I needed and wanted. She was so encouraging and helpful through the whole delivery process. 

@treetop19 Former reporter here too! I definitely miss it some days. 

Due date: March 23

Any appointments? Questions?: not til the 13th

Rants/Raves?: my girls are keeping us up so much lately. I’m sure I’d be getting up to pee anyway but our sleep has just been so crappy lately. 

How are you feeling?: tired but generally good. 

GTKY: What is your biggest accomplishment? Having my two gorgeous girls. Being a small business owner. The little travel I’ve been able to do.