October 2018 Moms

UO 8/23

2»

Re: UO 8/23

• @cdepperschmidt I love when I point out something political is fake or photoshopped and they argue that it doesn’t matter, the point of the post still stands. :lol:

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Loading the player...
  • @mamabearcj that would drive me up a wall .

My sister (10) and two cousins (both around 8) were at mind, but very well behaved and kept to their tables.
  • @sammierose464 right that's great! My cousin had to being her 5 year old, she entertained her though and I didnt even notice she was there! That I'll deal with all day long but letting your kid go wild and try opening gifts and touch everything and not watch her isnt ok in any setting
  • edited August 2018
    @mamabearcj good for you sticking to your guns. It’s your party!

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• @sarahzett I wish I said something but I didnt so instead every time the kid came back to try and help I just ignored her or said no. I wish someone had enough sense to ask her mom to have her sit with her but from the little interaction I did hear between the kid and her mom she doesnt listen well and rules dont seem to be enforced... 
  • @mamabearcj that would drive me insane. I am very excited for my own children, but not a super huge fan of other people’s kids. Especially ones that I’m not close to or are all up in my space. 
  • @sarahzett I’m glad they’re willing to listen to you to protect their grandchild. I have a feeling that when I remind my mom, there’s going to be some kick back, but oh well, I’m not risking the health of my children.
  • @mamabearcj I don't like coffee, but I do like their peppermint mocha
  • @mamabearcj I’m sorry you had to deal with that. People are awful about picking up social cues. You saying no and ignoring her should have made it clear to her Mom to remove her from the gift area. Although it sounds like she lets the child do whatever she wants anyway. 

• @knottieamusements I used to love PSL but the last 2 years, I’ve noticed they taste so fake and not at all like pumpkin. I can’t do them anymore. I need to learn to make my own version at home. 

• @mamabearcj Last year there was a post going around about Halloween candy from a nearby town. I thought it was stupid until the police started posting about it. It wasn’t anywhere we went, so I never followed the story, but apparently, rarely, it is true (or at least believable enough that the police get involved).

I’m sorry that kid was all in your face too. So annoying. We have friends that let their daughter get in the way of adults playing a game at a party last year.  Everybody playing the game was super annoyed and the friends were laughing about how she was ruining their game.  I was pretty annoyed about it too & it didn’t even affect me. And they wonder why their kid doesn’t behave as well as ours do.. uh, you have to teach them, it doesn’t just happen. (These same people claim their kid won’t ever eat real food and then they let her lick frosting off 3-4 cupcakes... gee, I wonder why she won’t eat real food.)

@sarahzett They aren’t supposed to taste like pumpkin - pumpkin spice is a combination of spices that is usually used in pumpkin pie, so cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and maybe allspice.  I remember seeing something about people complaining that there was no pumpkin in it (after food babe freaked out about it) and that they tried to change it to add pumpkin to it. That’s probably when you noticed a difference, so you can blame food babe for the fake taste now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @purplegoldfish2 mind blown. Never considered pumpkin spice items weren’t necessarily intended to taste like pumpkin.
  • @purplegoldfish2 I def remember that now! I also don’t like nutmeg and hate when they sprinkle it on top. Just no lol. 

• Speaking of Facebook, I'm not a fan of when people post very intimate pictures, like graphic c section photos. I would just keep those for very very close friends and family to see.
    +1

I had a former coworker who attached a picture of her just born baby to her announcement email.  And by just born- I mean exactly that - naked, wet, and lying on the hospital scale.  The mother wasn’t even holding the baby!

No.  Just no.  
  • +1 for apple, but I do love pumpkin too.  I do NOT like PSLs though...and it's TOO early people.  Can we at least wait until after Labor Day or even the first day of Fall?  They have all the Fall beer out too and the cinnamon broom sticks.  All I ask is that you wait until September 22!
  • I love the idea of apple, but am allergic which I think is one of the reasons I'm so obsessed with pumpkin everything. I have noticed a difference in taste in the PSL at Starbucks, but when I'm drinking caffeine again, it will definitely be one of my first stops!
  • @cagncoo12 you can always ask them to make a decaf PSL!
  • @cagncoo12 I'm also allergic and it kills me since I love apple everything!  The fall is extra hard with it everywhere.
  • @quiltandknit you’re getting me all excited to bake my apple crumb pie soon!!! Is it fall yetttt?

• @jemmerjams I don't know why I didn't think of that haha @kfrob I know apples aren't that bad of an allergy since it is so easy to stay away from, but it really does make me sad!
  • @cagncoo12 @jemmerjams or just a PSL steamer (which is really just the latte without espresso, so steamed milk and the syrup...but my kids love them)!
  • I sincerely hope that after this kid is here, I can go back to regular eating (have GD). I wasn't much of a baker before, but now I want to bake E.VER.Y.THING. I took it for granted!! All these fall desserts are killing me. But getting lots of good ideas.
  • @hannaht8516 YESSS. I want cake more now than I ever have. 
  • I hate pumpkin spice lattes, but oh man, the pumpkin cream cheese muffins from Starbiz...I wonder if they have those yet!! I'm usually a 2x/week Starbiz kind of girl, but rarely go during pregnancy because I'm only having 1 coffee a day and generally just make it at home. We got an espresso machine for a wedding gift...probably my favourite thing that I own that isn't related to my business!

I ate really healthily early in the pregnancy, but I just ate cookies for breakfast since I didn't have to get off the couch (they were within arm's reach) and I don't regret it at all.
  • @melbo444 I'm obsessed with the pumpkin cream cheese muffins!! I have to limit myself because I could eat 1 everyday! 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018