February 2019 Moms

High Risk Check In

I thought I’d get this started, as more of us will be labeled “high risk” hitting second trimester. 

1. How Many Weeks? 

2. What makes your pregnancy high risk? (Only if you feel comfortable sharing!)

3. How are you feeling about being high risk? 

4. GTKY- What is your favorite season and why? 

Ps. I’ll be more creative with this eventually.

Re: High Risk Check In

• 1. 13+4 
    2. High risk because of gestational diabetes, and a history of hypertension before BFP. Bp is behaving itself for now without meds. 
    3. The label makes me nervous but at least I know my doc is keeping on top of things. 
    4. Fall for the colors and clothes. 
  • 1. How Many Weeks? 

Right now I’m 16  + 4 

2. What makes your pregnancy high risk? (Only if you feel comfortable sharing!)

I have ulcerative colitis that flares during pregnancy, GD (genetic in origin), and a history of incompetent cervix as well as IUGR. Last pregnancy I was put on bedrest at 24 weeks, trying to avoid it this time. 

3. How are you feeling about being high risk? 

It is what it is, I have great doctors who are monitoring me very very closely. I know I’m bad at being pregnancy but it’s so so worth it 

4. GTKY- What is your favorite season and why?  

I love them all! I just love seasons and am glad I live somewhere where I can experience them all
  • Loading the player...
  • Pregnancy is one of the few times my “unknown” digestive issues and repeated diverticulitis settles down. That’s rude AF that your UC acts up! 
  • 1. 13w
    2. TW: History of multiple miscarriages and stillbirths, lots of uterine scarring, which turns to internal bleeding as uterus stretches.
    3. Not thrilled.  We hoped given time and some scar reduction procedures, that this pregnancy would not be high.
    4. Summer. I like the heat, I like the ability to be outdoors, I hate being cold, and dislike my plans getting rained out.  I grew up in a in Brazil, near the equator, a VERY hot and humid environment; so 90 degree weather and above feels like home to me.