March 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms 8/20-8/26

How's everyone doing? I'm currently lying on the bathroom floor in horrible pain from gas. Praying that the gas relief pills kick in soon before I lose my mind!!!!  I've been feeling horrible let all day and I just realized why.  Anyone else experience horrible gas?
TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Symptoms 8/20-8/26

• Options
    @violetmarie61516 Not recently, but in weeks 6-8, my gas pains were nearly unbearable. Pasta/carbs seemed to make it worse. Lately, I’ve been having occasional nausea still (yay, me!) and yesterday, a “full” feeling in my uterus. Like my uterus was being stretched if that makes any sense. 
  • Options
    DH either gave me a cold or I have a nasty case of pregnancy rhinitis. Sinuses are all plugged and I can’t breathe out of my nose well at all. It made it really hard to sleep last night. :unamused:
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @catlady2015 I had the same problem about a week ago so I totally get it. I still have a lingering cough. Hope you feel better! 
  • Options
    Woke up this morning to gas pains and spent a long time in the bathroom so I feel ya!
    Also experiencing extra sensitive nipples all the time and slight dizziness when I get up too fast.
  • Options
    @catlady2015 I’m on the mend from a cold DS gave me and they are so much worse during pregnancy, in my experience. They linger and my nasal congestion is definitely more intense. Like @meggyme suggested - saline nose spray and gargle help. And a humidifier if it gets bad! Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    I'm starting to have a bit more lower back pain as well as RLP. I'm trying to train myself to sleep on my side, but I keep finding myself on my back (which is my preferred way to sleep). Hopefully, I figure it out soon!
  • Options
    @meggyme woah that dream is cray! so funny! 

this week i'm definitely feeling the RLP. as i approach 12 weeks on wednesday, i'm starting to feel (slightly) less hungry and tired which is a plus! i've been getting headaches even though i'm trying to keep super hyrdrated. i avoid taking tylenol until it's unbearable but last week i think i took tylenol 2 or 3 times for headaches. oh well. it's on the approved list of medications... i just try to avoid it. hoping the headaches decrease soon along with the hunger & exhaustion! 
  • Options
    I'm with you on the headaches @indigoheightsblog. I'm 12w and they've been hounding me for the last week. I'm drinking a ton of water so I'm definitely not dehydrated. I figure I need a chiropractic adjustment to feel better but I'm paranoid and don't like going in the first trimester. I'm going to make an appointment for when I get back from vacation in early Sept because I'm sick of these headaches. I, too, have had to cave and take Tylenol a couple times in the last week :(
    On the positive side, my near constant nausea has decreased in the last week or two and I'm not quite as exhausted all the time. 
  • Options
    @laur84ns you are so right - the best i ever felt was when i went to a chiropractor last year but honestly even then i was paranoid about having my neck cracked weekly :( i read a few horror stories so i did it until i felt better and then i stopped. i have occipital neuralgia and major "tech neck" issues.... that's totally got to be the root of my headaches!!!! 
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog I bet a few visits to a chiropractor would fix us both up! Since I'm not dehydrated I strongly suspect my issues stem from my neck. I feel like there's tension there. Also I saw a chiropractor regularly during my pg with my DD and it helped a lot with random pelvic pain and the painful sacroiliac joint pain that I developed later on. They can also help keep your pelvis aligned toward the end which can make birth go a bit smoother. I swear, I'm not a chiropractor nor being paid to advertise for one ;)
  • Options
    I feel bad posting here or in my Weekly Checkin Group but holy hell I feel like s***!

Terrible headaches, 24/7 nausea, gas, the runs, insomnia, constantly on the verge of vomiting but never can, no energy, everything smells disgusting. Very frustrating feelings. The only thing that makes the nausea lift for a moment is eating, and then I feel super sick from constantly shoveling food into my face. I’ve already gained 9 pounds in 3 weeks!!! My clothes feel tightly uncomfortable & I’m in a constant state of unhappy due to how crappy I feel.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS STAGE TO BE OVER!!!

End rant, will be a more positive person when this phase passes. :-)
  • Options
    @keikilove Ugh, sorry you're feeling so crappy. You seem to have gotten stuck with nearly every symptom in the book. How far along are you? Hopefully you're nearing the end of the first tri and you'll feel better soon! 
  • Options
    @southerngirlinwi I’m totally with you on the lower back pain (almost daily) every evening. 
  • Options
    @laur84ns Thank You, that’s sweet. The funny thing is I’m only 8 weeks. With both of my other pregnancies I knew right away I was pregnant because I got violently ill almost immediately both times. I was sick the whole 9 months with my first DD and for 6 months with my second DD. Hoping this one isn’t nearly as long or bad! 

Honestly, the only reassuring thing is that I get to see I’m not a drama queen or overreacting to the symptoms—a lot of people on this board seem to be doing ok and I think they’re so lucky! And I also count my blessings that I’m not one who is throwing up constantly. My bestie had that for two pregnancies and was hospotalized many times for dehydration/needed IVs. That’s awful. So I could definitely have it a lot worse. Hoping it lifts soon!
  • Options
    I'm 12 weeks and finally feeling less nauseous, but I've had some round ligament pain. I'm also super emotional and cry over everything.
  • Options
    @southerngirlinwi and @ashley14598 RE: Back pain.  ME TOO.  I had really bad back pain before pregnancy but its only getting worse (slipped disk and SI joint pain).  I am doing PT and looking for a chiro.  I just bought an SI belt off of amazon and it is really helpful.  I am still uncomfortable but it is holding everything together and when I wake in in bad positions its so helpful.  Add in the vomiting and exhaustion and I'm a big 'ole mess!
  • Options
    @violetmarie61516 I had such bad gas pains with my daughter around 27 weeks that I thought I was in labor. It was awful. Felt like I had gas trapped in my actual body cavity like my chest and shoulders. I took gas ex religiously for like a week but it was awful. I hope you feel better soon! you reminded me to get gas ex before I experience that again! 
  • Options
    @AprSnow59 There are SI support belts?! I had the worst SI pain with my first pregnancy, which I saw a chiropractor for, but I never knew there were support belts. I'll have to check it out! My SI pain didn't start until around 20 weeks last time but I'm already starting to feel it at 12 weeks this time around. 
  • Options
    @laur84ns yes! I have the SI-LOC OPTP which I bought off Amazon last week. This one is the standard belt which works wonders for now, but this brand also makes maternity ones that have an extra support panel for your belly! I wish I just bought the maternity one in the first place since I struggle a bit with the placement of the standard one with my "first tri flat-ish belly in the morning which turns into major bloat by the afternoon". I've already cut down my PT appointments and made it all day today at school with only minor discomfort (MAJOR improvement). My PT recommended it! If you get one let me know if it helps!!
  • Options
    @keikilove I am right there with you. You described my symptoms to a tee. It just feels nice to whine sometimes and I'm so glad I'm not alone. 

Not symptoms related but I'm also healing a sprained ankle, nursing my sick 5yo back to health and potty training my 2yo. Week, be over please. I need to hibernate. Whew, it did feel good to vent  :p

• Options
    @mamaoftwomonkeys I love that an expert bothered to answer that. Haha!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @tfraz2016 Interesting about the pasta/carbs, that's pretty much all I've been eating so maybe that's why.  I guess more reason to force myself to eat better.

@catlady2015 Hopefully it's not a cold and just rhinitis.  I hope you feel better soon.

@meggyme Okay that's a pretty crazy dream!  I've been having some weird ones but that tops it.

@mayoduck The gas is definitely not fun.  I've been having a ton of dizziness today as well, like almost fainting.

@indigoheightsblog @laur84ns Sorry you've both been having bad headaches.  Have you tried Gatorade when you get one?  I've found that if I drink a 32 oz G2 it helps a ton.  Maybe give it a try?

@keikilove I'm sorry you've been feeling so horrible!  I feel very lucky considering others like yourself.  I hope you start feeling better soon!

@AprSnow59 Back pain is the worst.  Glad you're getting help with it now and not waiting until later on.

I'm feeling super crappy again this evening.  I feel fine in the mornings and then as the day goes on, I feel worse and worse and then fight insomnia all night.  I'll take it though!  On another note, I can't find the thread that talked about dopplers?  Can anyone direct me there?
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!

• Options
    @AprSnow59 Awesome, thanks! I'm going to check that one out. I'll look at the maternity one for sure... my belly wasn't flat to start so I think I may as well go straight into the maternity one ;) I hope I can get it in Canada!
  • Options
    @keikilove and @shrub I am so with you, gals. I have had no energy, and have been eating to keep the nausea in check, all have me feeling like a fat lazy slug (who has not been brave enough to step on a scale in weeks), and am also overly emotional about how terrible I feel, which just makes everything worse. I like to think of it as comiserating, opposed to whining  ;)
  • Options
    @violetmarie61516 I haven’t tried Gatorade but I’ll try just about anything at this point!!!! I truly think my chronic headaches right now are from 2 months of straight carbs and sugar. Before I got pregnant I was practically Keto half the time (until the weekend when I’d go wild and eat what I wanted)..... but my carb/sugar intake was probably 1/3 of what it is now. I’ve been trying not to deprive myself of what I’m craving, which unfortunately has been bagels, pancakes, pasta, rice, and ice cream...... it’s a shock to the system for sure and I always get inflammation headaches whenever I start to chronically indulge like this. Ugh!!!! After I get back from my vacation I’m going to work to turn this around in the 2nd trimester without totally depriving myself (and baby). Thanks for your advice!!! 
  • Options
    In addition to all the typical first tri symptoms (which I don't even bother to post because I feel like a broken record) I can now add my feetcicles to the list. My whole body is extra warm except my ice cold feet. Also, when I side lay, the top arm/hand keeps going numb. Not the one that's being compressed at the shoulder by my bodyweight, no, the only that has totally unimpeded circulation. I know these are both due to the ever increasing demands of my new blood volume, but I refuse to sleep in socks.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @sejica ugh I’m sorry you are deal with cold feet (literally) and numb hands! After I had DS numb hands were waking me up at night. I got carpal tunnel braces from CVS and started wearing them every night. They helped so much! Unfortunately I started later having major shoulder issues and needed more care that was thankfully easily resolved with using it less and shoulder streches. But through the process I learned that carpool tunnel is very common in pregnancy although I’m not sure why mine hit postpartum (they said probably from how I was holding DS to breastfeed). You might try the braces they helped me a ton! 
  • Options
    I also have the ice feet. I kind of do anyway but it’s been borderline painful. 

Yesterday at my blood draw the phlebotomist made a comment about how warm my blood felt in the vial. It was weird. 

Anyone else with a daily nose bleed? Maybe nose bleed is misleading, but every morning when I blow my nose there is a -lot- of blood that comes out (doesn’t drip on its own). I think I had this last time too but I’m wondering if it’s more pronounced because of the blood thinners. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    @sejica I run cold normally and extra cold when pregnant. It’s August in the south and I’m under blankets every time I sit on the couch. Definitely have cold hands & feet!
  • Options
    @lelkcot This makes me feel better. I run cold usually too. I have always heard stories of pregnant women running hot but I have definitely been putting more layers on!
  • Options
    @lelkcot @mayoduck Me too! It'll be 100 outside and I'm still inside with blankets on. Always freezing at work, even if AC is at 74.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @lelkcot @mayoduck @kristimh80 you ladies are speaking my language.  The heat index is 105 right now and my office thermostat says 74, but I'm sitting in front of a space heater trying to stay warm.  It's bananas!
  • Options
     :D it’s good to know I’m not the only cold pregnant lady! I wasn’t so excited with my first pregnancy that I was actually going to be warm that winter... this time around I know better. 
  • Options
    @lelkcot I know!!! I was originally excited thinking winter cold wouldn't be a big deal this year!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    So interesting that so many of you are cold! I normally run hot but when I'm pregnant that totally switches and I run cold. I keep complaining to my husband that we need to tone down the AC but he isn't good at all. I'm bundled up in the house and always have a blanket on when watching tv. It makes me cold seeing my daughter run around our air conditioned house in shorts, a tank top and no socks but whenever I ask her if she's cold she says "no, I good, mommy. I warm." I guess it's just another pregnancy symptom!

@sejica @ashley14598 I got pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel syndrome around 30 weeks last time, and it really sucked. My hands and arms would go numb, especially at night, and yet even though they were numb I still woke up from a weird fire-y pain running up and down my arms (maybe the compressed nerves?) every night. I'd have to get up and put ice packs on my arms, wrists and hands to relieve the pain. My dr also recommended those wrist braces from the drug store and they helped a bit!

• Options
    Good to know I'm not the only one who is cold all the time!  I actually asked the doctor and she was concerned about my thyroid but it's all good.  I use a heated blanket at night now because I just can't get warm.

• Options
    Hey all. I’m at 12 weeks now. Hubby and I just went on a road trip and I thankfully had my appetite back and was able to enjoy it, although I feel the round ligament pain getting more notable. I was battling with some bad headaches which has lead to nausea and dizziness. I’ve been trying to use ice pack and heat packs on my neck when I’ve had these headaches which at the very least helps me to relax. Some insomnia as well which I also blame on the headaches. All in all though I still feel completely euphoric when I feel my belly or just think about the fact that we’re pregnant. Does anyone know when you typically start to feel movement? 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, almost 13 weeks and I am starting to get insomnia. The crazy dreams and waking up to pee 500 times a night doesn't do much to help this situation. I'm also retaining a lot more water and my hands are a lot more swollen in the morning.