December 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms • w/o 8.19

Re: Weekly Symptoms • w/o 8.19

• @texas_t I can totally relate! My goal for this time is to actually know what’s going on and to feel “with it”. If I end up with a scheduled c, That’s fine. If I VBAC, that’s fine, too. I just don’t want to spend days in labor and feel like I  got hit by a bus and end up shaking and totally out of it on the OR table again.
  • @mcgeeva +1 to hip ache while sleeping and constantly switching sides (which has become harder to do nowadays)

@PensiveCrayon and @scaredunprepared +1 to the case of the smells, extra deo, extra showers, and extra changes

@omnommer – a daily toner with 2% salicylic acid should help with the acne (my doctor and aesthetician ok’ed using it after 1st trimester, but check with yours if you have concerns)

I got waxed throughout late pregnancy.  Help keep everything clean down there.  @orangecrush29 I never heard of the numbing cream!

I'm also dealing with random acid reflux when I sleep that is not tied to my typical triggers.  And I'm so HOT!  I just ordered a cooling towel on amazon that I am going to try out so that I can exert myself again.  Because I have been just too hot to move lately.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I ended up in the ER last night.  The swelling in my foot/ankle/leg got progressively worse throughout the day. My OB is on vacation but the on call OB was concerned about a blood clot in my leg given the amount of hours we spent in the car over the last few days.

The ER did an ultrasound of my legs and didn't see anything.  They said my uterus must be expanding in a way that it restricting the left side of my body and that the swelling is likely to get worse. I am to elevate my foot whenever I am sitting.  The doc is concerned about my hour and a half commute on the bus and NYC subway to and from work.  UGH.  I am exhausted. But glad it wasn't worse news.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg I'm so glad you went and got it checked out.  Could you maybe consider a chiropractor familiar with pregnancy? Maybe they could get baby to scootch off where they're pinching off blood supply!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t That's a good idea. I'll chat with my OB on Monday and see what she thinks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tunnel  never heard of the cream either and im all for brazillians up till delivery. Never had any issue with pain during. 

@lexidawg glad all is okay. That could of been scary!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @lexidawg I've never done it, but it may help?  Also, maybe look up the spinning babies website.  It shows ways to re-position the baby.  That could help, too? GL, hun.... I'm sure this is frustrating.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @lexidawg that is rough. Do you think your OB will want you to come off work to avoid the commute? I was checked for blood clots previously as well with nothing coming up but it's always scary when it's just one side. 
    Keep us updated! 
  • @kristah2 I am not sure.  I'll see what she says. I work from home once a week now.  I am sure I can arrange to work at least another day a week from home.  I am so stressed about it! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg I would definitely look into a chiropractor...I’m biased now ;) if you’re willing to go that route, see if there’s someone nearby who is certified in the Webster technique/works specifically with pregnant mothers. My chiro is the only one for miles and miles, and has to go down to Florida to get herself adjusted (she’s pregnant with her second right now!)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @lexidawg I’m sorry you are experiencing that! Is the swelling just on one side? Do you have tingling?
  • @lexidawg Oh no, that sounds so stressful and scary! I'm glad they didn't find a clot but I hope there's a solution soon for your commute. Maybe your OB can give you a note so you have to work from home daily? Good luck! 
  • @PensiveCrayon Thanks! I will do some research!
    @katy0990 Yes. It is only on my left side and there is DEFINITE tingling. Feels like pins and needles. 
    @maureenmce I figured I would eventually need to work from home but I was thinking about 34-35 weeks.  Not sure how they would feel about me working from home full time this soon.  I doubtI can make that happen.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg I had that when I was pregnant with DS.  Starting at 20 weeks, I would randomly develop numbness, tingling, and swelling. Sometimes, it would go away, but other areas it remained until after my water was broken. Initially, I was told he was laying on a nerve. Ironically, I was also tested for a blood clot because of shortness of breath at 22 weeks. After all of that, we discovered that I had polyhydramnios and the fluid from that was most likely causing all of my symptoms. Good luck!
  • @katy0990 Oh.. interesting!  How did you manage with the swelling and the tingling and numbness?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg It was pretty rough, honestly. Eventually, I just kind of got used to it as long as I was busy and not thinking about it. Night was the worst. The hardest part, though, was the numbness, tingling, and swelling in my forearms, wrists, and fingers. It made it so hard to type or write on the board (I was a teacher). 
  • @katy0990 I get tingles and swelling in my hands too.  It's not as bad as my leg though.  It's going to be a long 16 weeks!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lexidawg I really hope it subsides!
  • Any good heartburn remedies? 
  • @kristah2 Tums chewy delights and zantac 75

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @PensiveCrayon +1 on the organizing all the things. I’ve been making my way through all the closets and dressers. Amazingly satisfying. 
  • Wide awake extra early because a leg cramp on the outside of my leg just above my ankle woke me out of a sound sleep. I know cramping in the calf can happen more in pregnancy. But wtf cramping above my ankle? 
  • I woke with really bad calf cramps this morning (on top of my already up twice to pee and DS deciding to get up at 6:45 instead of 7:45). annoying.

• ab_canadaab_canada member
    edited August 2018
    @Katzalia @kristah2
    I took my first calcium+magnesium vitamin last night and, I swear, I felt my legs and shoulders release by the time I went to bed! I didn't even realize how sore everything was and how glorious it would feel to get rid of it. Bananas and baths didn't quite work for me, so I definitely recommend a calcium+magnesium vitamin.

• @PensiveCrayon +1 for nesting! Organizing the heck out of everything and I just want to throw everything not nailed down away!

Is 22 weeks known for a hormone surge?  I CAN NOT stop crying! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ab_canada thanks for the suggestion re: calcium + magnesium. If this isn’t just a one-off symptom, I will definitely try it. I was so confused when I woke up to the cramp this morning. 

Also fun today: first time this pregnancy I had to dash out of a patient visit to puke. Not much warning or nausea, just puking. Good times. 

• Ugh. I'm having a lot of braxton hicks today and it's annoying af.  I know it's probably because I haven't been drinking enough water because of that darn stomach bug. Trying to drink more water today because this is sooper uncomfortable.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @PensiveCrayon I hope that I get all nesty eventually - this house needs it :grimace:

@ab_canada I’m also going to make a mental note of calcium + magnesium! I woke around 4am with annoying legs, then a thigh muscle was twitching for 20 minutes around 8am.

@Katzalia Ack! Hope that was just a one-off occurrence, FX that you don’t get all pukey now!
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango
    As an added benefit, I believe magnesium helps you sleep better.. A friend of mine suffered from insomnia for years and she says it's completely gone now that she started taking it (I am not saying it will help everyone, her insomnia must have been due to a magnesium deficiency). Anyway, I absolutely got very sleepy about an hour after taking it last night. That could be a coincidence, of course.

• I have all the heartburn/reflux. I am miserable right now. I'm headed to Walgreens after work
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • My hips are killing me today. I’m walking like I’m 80 and arthritic this afternoon. 

Honestly not my day as far as symptoms go, between the leg cramp, the puking, and the hip pain. 
  • @Katzalia I’m sorry you are having such a rough day! 
  • @binxybaby +1 for crazy heartburn. Holy cow.

@Katzalia I'm puking more now too!  I think it's a combination of squished organs and baby moving more/ stronger,  plus maybe a hormone surge like @lexidawg suggested.  Not enjoying this one bit, but I suppose I'm glad it's not just me!
  • Thanks @echo-charlietango and @katy0990

@scaredunprepared sorry you are also having more pukimg. Hoping that eases up soon for both of us. 
  • The HDBD thread made me think of this.. anyone else losing their belly button and HATE the feeling?! 
  • katy0990katy0990 member
    edited August 2018
    @kristah2 Mine is getting pretty shallow, too. Can you feel it stretching or it just feels weird  to the touch?
  • @katy0990 it feels weird to touch!
    Last pregnancy I had my appendix out and they went in through my belly button so I assumed the sensitivity was because of that. This time it still feels so weird and makes me feel gross when I touch it. I really hope it doesn't pop or it'll always be rubbing!