December 2018 Moms

FTM check-in (8/15)

How far along are you?

Any appointment updates?  

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? 

GTKY: Any plans for Halloween costumes this year?

Re: FTM check-in (8/15)

• Loading the player...
  • @kadeephd
    The productivity struggle is real.. It might have something to do with lack of sleep + summer. I don't think I've done anything except respond to a few emails all week...

• @ab_canada That makes me feel better.  I think you are right about the summer part and for me it's probably a lack of quality sleep.  I feel like I'm in bed for hours and still wake up feeling tired!  Only 1.5 weeks left before my fall semester starts and I'm almost looking forward to having a bit more structure.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd The cast of Clue - that is so incredibly awesome! You just made my day!

How far along are you?
    24 + 4! 

Any appointment updates?  
    Nope - still 2 weeks til the next one.

@ab_canada I just booked our maternity shoot this morning! I was on the fence about having one, but since I figure there's a strong possibility this will be my only pregnancy, I really want some nice pics to commemorate it. DH and I are going to go to a local farm at the beginning of October for a nice fall photoshoot! I'm super excited for it! I don't know if we'll do newborn photos. Honestly, they always look so awkward to me the way they have the babies smooshed up. I may just ask my father, who has a really nice camera, to take some candid photos of all of us the first few days we're home.

It's so crazy that you asked about Halloween this week - I have spent a lot of time (at work, def on the lazy train) looking at Halloween ideas the last few days! There is some cute stuff out there, but not a ton. I definitely wanna play up the bump. I'm thinking of being a mummy with a baby mummy peaking out, or something like that. Either that, or I will just get a cute halloween/pumpkin shirt to wear. The watermelon shirt is adorable and I remember laughing the first time I saw it!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @mag1cbeli3ver
    That's funny - I wanted the newborn photo shoot but not the maternity one. Except with this photographer I think you have to get both, so I decided to go for it. A co-worker just had hers done and the pictures look beautiful, so I thought it might be worth a shot. She said she hasn't felt beautiful in a few months, so it was nice to dress up.
    As for the newborn photos, I think it's partly the style of the photographer. I agree, the "smooshed up" ones aren't my favourite, but the ones where the baby is curled up in a sleeping pose are super cute. Besides, I want some baby+parents pictures, so it will be more of a family photo shoot with some newborn photos included.

• @ab_canada lol i think those watermelon shirts are so funny! i wanted to get one for summer, but haven't been big enough for it to be obvious. 
    @kadeephd i have weddings the next 2 weekends and feel the exact same way. hopefully we will both have fun anyway
    @mag1cbeli3ver i am thinking about getting "family but i'm also pregnant" shots of me and h this fall too. but i also kind of want to wait till after the baby's born for "family including a baby out of me" photos. 
    @echo-charlietango lololol at bear minimum. i am seriously cracking up

How far along are you?
    23 tomorrow!

Any appointment updates?  
    Yesterday follow up AS, it was fine. 

House house house house house. All is well, have multiple offers from 10 showings today. 

Nah, i'm not a big halloweenie. maybe something that plays on the bump? an avocado? 
  • How far along are you?
    21 weeks! 

Any appointment updates?  
    Follow up u/s in a couple weeks- uncooperative fetus = not getting all the images the first try

My life is just work right now. I love my new job, I just forgot how tiring it is working with babies all day every day. I am glad that my baby is exposed to the crying and occasional screeches because hopefully he’ll sleep through that kind of noise when he’s born. 

GTKY: Any plans for Halloween costumes this year? Not Halloween..., but I’d love to dress up for our local comic con in September. I say I want to dress up every year and it never happens, but this will be baby’s “first” con (since I’ll be obviously pregnant) and it would be a fun family tradition to dress up each year. We are thinking of Newt & Tina from fantastic beasts because the 2cd movie will be out in fall and because SO already has most of Newt’s costume and I honestly dress as plain as Tina so it wouldn’t hurt me to buy something like her wardrobe in maternity sizes. Lol 
  • How far along are you?
    23+5

Any appointment updates?  
    Not a baby related appointment, but I had saw my eye doctor yesterday since it was recommended by my OB and I found out I've been having ocular migraines. I was relieved that it wasn't something more serious, but it's still something I need to watch. He said they are not unusual, but he didn't like how often it's happened. (Have had it happen about five times since I was 16 weeks along)

I really need to eat better... I have times where I'm really good, but a recently I feel like my diet has been crap. Not sure if anyone has recommendations for good snacks, quick breakfast ideas (this one in particular!), or simple lunch/dinner choices?

Not really.. I had looked up ideas before, but then I thought we don't really do anything for Halloween, so it would seem kind of pointless to dress up. 
    I already have the babys first Halloween planned out though 
    :D I thought it would be fun if I dressed as a crazy cat lady and I would put her in a kitty costume and get some stuffed cat plushies.
  • @whitneyb89 one of my favorite breakfasts is overnight oats. I usually make a few days' worth ahead of time in jars and keep them in the fridge to just grab and go. 
    About 1/3c steel cut oats
    about 1/2c yogurt (i use greek, plain and with honey)
    about 1/4c milk
    frozen fruit. 

Just mix it all together and stick it in the fridge at night and by the morning it's ready to go! You'll need to adjust the measurements to what you like because i just eyeball it. But i usually have a big bag of frozen tropical fruit in the fridge that i use, or mash up extra ripe banana with PB and mix that in. There are a ton of recipes on pinterest if you are interested! 
  • hkomhkom member
    @whitneyb89 I was gonna say overnight oats too!  I've been obsessed with them for the past month or so.  So easy and they are really easier to customize to what you want.  I do pretty much exactly what @morgantu said except I add some ground flax to mine as well for some extra fiber.  If you need help with flavor,  you can use those little individual cups of yogurt in what ever flavor you want.  Last week I made some with key lime yogurt and added shredded coconut.  So good!  If you're feeling extra decadent you can through in some chocolate chips too  ;) 

BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you?
    24+3.

Any appointment updates?
    I have my glucose screening on the 27th and I'm a bit terrified of it TBH. I am positive I'm going to fail it because I am all about the sweets and carbs.

It's been a rough week emotionally, but nothing to do with being preggers. I just feel completely unmotivated by work and am having a lot of social anxiety. When I feel this way, I also end up feeling pretty apathetic about baby and pregnancy. I'm hoping that changes soon because I don't like feeling that way about my little guy.

Oh man...I am super excited for this. DH wants me to go as an avocado, especially since that's how we announced on the Facebooks. I'm kind of leaning towards the zombie baby idea. I'll try to post a photo below for reference. 

Holy cow...there are some gnarly zombie pregnancy/zombie baby costumes. I'm tempted.

Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @morgantu I never thought to try steel cut oats in overnight oats!  I assumed they wouldn't soak up liquid as well since they take longer to cook.  I'm going to have to give that a shot.  And adding coconut is genius @hkom!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @morgantu @hkom That sounds like a good idea for a quick breakfast! Might sound like a stupid question, but do you warm it up before eating or do you just eat it cold? 
  • hkomhkom member
    @whitneyb89 I eat mine cold but I think you can do either? I'm not sure though - if you use yogurt i feel like it might curdle.  I've never tried it. 

@kadeephd I use steel cut / pinhead oats too.  They work great! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Everyone's costume ideas for bumps are so fun!  

@binxybaby the zombie idea is one I've been toying with, too.  I hope your blah-ness passes quickly.  I'm sure it's rough. I have those weeks I just feel poopy- unmotivated, irritated- too.

I've never done the over night oats, mostly because I'm lazy, but I've got Mason jars and all the ingredients, so maybe you guys just motivated to stop making excuses and just go for it.

How far along are you?
    21+3.

Any appointment updates?
    Follow up anatomy scan Monday. Hopefully baby girl cooperates and they get all the pics they need and no fetal echo is required. And hopefully I'll never have to go back to MFM again. And hopefully no more surprise astronomical doctor bills until baby is born.  After that, scheduling the glucose test. Fun fun. 

My little niece was born yesterday and I love her so much already! She was so content and alert, and was quiet and sweet and so snuggleable! I really hope our baby is as happy, healthy, and well behaved as she is.  I also spent some time with my older (1yr old) niece at my parents house while mommy and daddy are at the hospital with baby.   She is a great kid too.  I love her and all her weirdness. Can't wait for all the girl cousins to be besties!

I don't usually plan out my costume in advance because we don't usually go anywhere, just sit home and hand out candy.  I just dress up in something simple for the neighborhood kids.  The last few years it's been a zombie, cat, Mad Hatter, and witch.  I do usually decorate the house well in advance and it's one of my favorite parts about Halloween.  I love it!  This year will be different because a) new house,  and b) I'm preggers.  I think I'll probably do zombie again, or maybe just zombie baby ala @binxybaby 's example.  We may end up going trick or treating with my nieces this year, seeing as how our new neighborhood is mostly older folks, so I don't think we'd get many trick or treaters.  I'm trying to find an example of some of my decorations from years past.
  • @whitneyb89 i also eat them cold, but i have seen recipes for people who cook them overnight in the croc pot and eat them warm. I'm sure you could also heat them up, but I don't know if i want warm yogurt and fruit. 

@scaredunprepared they are seriously so easy. it takes literally like 2 minutes to make a batch for the next day. And even better if you make a few at a time. I started making them for H because he doesn't give himself enough time in the morning to eat so he just takes them to work. Now i take them for a morning snack. 
  • hkomhkom member
    edited August 2018

@ab_canada Love the watermelon shirt idea!  I haven't seen one of those before and it sounds really cute!

@kadeephd I was at my first pregnant/sober wedding last weekend (H's brother) and it was a little challenging, I'm not gonna lie.  Obviously it was still fun to see everyone, but I wanted to hang out and drink wine with H's sisters sooooo badly.

@echo-charlietango  We have so many house things that we've been putting off as well.  Our upstairs carpets need to be shampooed but it just seems like such a daunting task.  Definitely not gonna be happening any time soon now!

How far along are you?
    24 weeks and 2 days

Any appointment updates?  
    My current life is one long appointment   :D

Just trying to survive the hospital life.  It's not as miserable as I thought it was going to be.  My nurses and doctors are awesome.  I'm off the IV completely at the moment (although my IV port is still in and all the stickies holding it to my arm itch like hell), so I can move around a lot easier without worrying about tubes, and I can walk around my room without dragging the IV tower after me.  The food really isn't so horrible, there just aren't a lot of options.  H brought me a bunch of peaches we bought in WNY last weekend, and has been picking and bringing fresh figs from our fig tree at home.  I may have him bring in some good takeout or something this weekend.

I LOVE Halloween but I haven't dressed up in years. We do dress up the dog though (and sometimes the cats), decorate the house, and hand out candy.  See spoiler for pics of pets in costumes.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @scaredunprepared I hope you enjoy decorating your new house this year!

@hkom I can’t see your photos (desktop or mobile) :bawling:

@whitneyb89 I just realized that no one chimes in yet with a quick dinner suggestion. We do sausage & veggie bakes a lot because it’s well rounded and easy! 1-2 sweet potatoes, 1lb kielbasa (or other link sausage), 1 head broccoli, 1 small bag frozen peppers & onion (or 3-4 bell peppers), and 5-6 cloves peeled garlic. Preheat oven to about 375F, and lay parchment paper or foil on large baking pan. Layer on baking pan frozen pepper mix, then diced sweet potatoes, garlic, and broccoli florets. Drizzle olive oil all over and lightly salt & pepper. Cut sausage into coins, and lay on top. Bake until potatoes are soft or browning ~25 minutes. While everything bakes combine equal parts bbq sauce & balsamic vinegar (about 3Tbsp each) to drizzle all over. Serve & enjoy the super easy cleanup :smiley:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @whitneyb89 I had an ocular migraine a couple weeks ago. I had to lay down at work for 20 mins and wait for it to go away (luckily we had enough staff that I was able to leave my classroom to do that). A friend of mine said she used to get them when pregnant when she didn’t eat enough protein, which is probably my issue. I haven’t been eating a lot of meat and have to choke it down (I never liked meat anyway). I discovered Icelandic style yogurts- they have usually 15g of protein and less than 10g of sugars. I’ve been eating those as an am snack or using them in smoothies
  • @echo-charlietango That sounds good! I will have to give it a try! :)

@tumbleweed-1 I never would have considered the lack of protein to be a cause of ocular migraines. Something else I should make sure I have in my diet. 
  • hkomhkom member
    @echo-charlietango  I tried to re-insert them into the spoiler.  Also, that sausage recipe sounds delicious.  Whenever I'm able to cook myself dinner again I'm totally making it!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @hkom awww! Love the pumpkin kitties, though they don't look thrilled lol.  Ditto, @echo-charlietango those recipes sound great. 

We do a similar quick, easy chicken dinner bake with herbes de provence.  One dish meal=easy clean up=happy me. Chicken drumsticks or thighs work best. Cut up a bunch of veggies and potatoes (we usually do squashes and a mix of sweet and red potatoes, but any mix would work).  Lay on bottom of oven safe dish, sprinkle with oil and herbes.  Lay chicken on top, sprinkle with oil and herbes and a little salt and pepper, then bake until done (usually I think we do 400-425 degrees for maybe an hour 15min.  
  • @hkom I love those costumes :love:

@scaredunprepared That sounds good too! I’ve got a nice fresh jar of herbs de province, just need some chickens. Sounds like a great dish for fresh green beans too :yum:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary