October 2018 Moms

WTF WEDNESDAY!! 8/15

At least the week is half over??

Re: WTF WEDNESDAY!! 8/15

• I've thought it was Thursday since Tuesday... still not there but Getting there!!!
  • @mamabearcj almost!

my wtf is that i have an ear infection. i thought it was just pain from the tooth i had pulled on friday, but nope...ugh.
  • Loading the player...
  • @drb2424 that's so much worse thinking you're a week ahead than just a few days!!!
  • WTF to work. I have 6 weeks left and they stilled haven't hired a replacement. We also had a girl quit last month and no replacement for her...so basically we're f*cked. 
  • @nasalot188 oh no! I hope they hire some one soon! My replacement starts when I will be 37 weeks.  Hope I can hold out till the end so I can train her at least for a week.
  • they still haven't hired my replacement either. I have 6 weeks left. It took my boss 2 months to hire me and 3 months to hire my coworker, since he isn't in our city!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• I don’t have a replacement yet either and my job is not the easiest to just jump in to. My HR department hasn’t even posted my position! It’s stressing me out. My plan was to work as long as I can but this baby has other plans for me, thinking it’s going to be a struggle to make it to October. 
  • I’m jealous of all of you who get a replacement. I don’t get a replacement...I will have people in the office cover some of my job, but most of it I need to finish before leave or it will be waiting for me when I return.

AFM, WTF to our sales director for coming in to the office today sicker than a dog with a 102 fever!! His office is right next to mine so I am praying I don’t get sick. He finally went home but was here for a good 4 hours today.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • I've been super congested ever since my redeye flight to Chicago on Thurs-Fri (TWO dogs on my flight, hello all the allergies) and I'm so miserable between the coughing fits waking me up all night and the fact that my left ear still hasn't popped 36 hours after my flight home. blergh.

We got in at 2am Tues morning after a flight delay, and I was up at 7 for a full day of working both of my "outside" jobs. Today was, thankfully, a morning of working at home on my business. I got a lot done, but I still feel awful, and I only have 2 hours before I head over to the twins that I watch in the afternoon. One of them has been on a napless strike lately, and she's mostly fine if I can keep her distracted, but when she remembers that her brother is napping and tries to go down the hall to bug him, she loses her freaking mind when she realizes I've put the gate up.
  • WTF to this cold that I have since yesterday. Because pregnancy isn’t fun enough on its own, my body needed to get a cold now too?!  And I really wanted to use a sick day today to just take it easy, but I had to prep for a recruiting event we’re having tomorrow and had a meeting this afternoon I shouldn’t miss, so here I am at work. Only a couple more days till vacation, though, so I can do this...
  • WTF to my emails.  My work emails have blown up and I've been wasting an ungodly amount of time on training calls and haven't had a chance to keep up with them.  Like everyone else, I'm so over work.  
  • edited August 2018
    Wtf to my boss. I was so proud of my work event today. I’m an employee engagement rep in charge of morale events for 6000 employees across 27+ sites around the country.

I threw a BBQ at our largest site today (for 1850 people!) with beef tri tip, roasted herbed chicken, potato salad, mac and cheese, jalapeño corn muffins, campfire beans, drinks, desserts, music, decorations, a welcome speech by our VP, etc.

I planned for months, worked my ass off, coordinated every detail, hit effing 17,000 steps on my fitbit running around getting shit done by myself because I don’t have a staff or other team members (and my back and feet are killing me for it).... and then my boss didn’t come, he had his admin bring him a plate, and his only comment later was, “does this chicken taste weird?” Ughhhh. Just don’t, man. 

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• @sarahzett Not cool! Not being there, there's no way he could see how much you put into it, so remember that his comment cannot actually be a reflection on your work. Way to crush it, lady!
  • @chopchop25 thank you! 

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• @sarahzett that's BS!  I'm impressed you didn't say anything- I'm finding it harder to keep my thoughts to myself as this pregnancy (and summer) ware on.  Be proud of yourself for the success of your event AND for not wigging out at your boss.  Brava!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a week long fair and there is no internet. 10-12 hours a day without internet is pure torture! 
  • @sarahzett ugh, what a jerk comment! The event sounds amazing, wish my work threw events like that!
  • @sarahzett, i'd totally toot your own horn to him so he realizes just how much work you did and how proud you are of what you accomplished!  Sounds like he may be a bit blind to how it all went and how much effort and planning it actually took.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• A lady just sat down next to me on my commuter train with a Tasty Burger. Who would torture a pregnant lady so?! I just sadly ate my granola bar until I can get home for dinner. Which isn’t a burger. Which now is the only thing I want.
  • @sarahzett congrats on a successful event!! That's shitty of your boss, but I agree with @dellusion. Toot that horn!
  • @spartan4life. I didn’t get a replacement at my job last time either. I actually finished my work except for one thing that I left for my boss with detailed instructions on what to do. I came back 3 months later to the job being exactly where it was when I left & once I handled that one thing, I had nothing to do because it was needed to get DEC approval, so I had to wait for that before anything happened.  I spent my time pumping every 2 hours and begging people for work - and then I quit before the approval ever came in. It did eventually get built - MH works there too, so I get updates on my old jobs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @purplegoldfish2 Yeah that’s what I am fully expecting to happen. Which is fine because honestly nothing ever gets done around here in November and December because everyone is off for the holidays. So even if I was here, I would probably not be doing a whole lot, that’s how it’s been the last two years anyways.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited August 2018
    We did hire a half time temp to cover my leave (which is obviously not near enough but at least something) and she’s been here 6 weeks and not working out. So we either need to find a new one, keep her on knowing it’s puts more work on the other manager to oversee her, or ask the team to distribute the work. With 9 weeks to go. Ugh. Plus I’ll be out over fiscal year end which is our busy time. Ultimately I know this is on my boss to figure out but I have to push him to focus on it before it’s too late.
  • I know my boss is looking for a replacement, but doesn't have one in yet. He actually started looking for the replacement before I even started this role (I just changed positions at work three weeks ago). I'll be taking the full year, so they have to get someone in, but they really need to get someone good since it's a bit longer term.
  • @jemmerjams That's how I've felt. When they recently got rid of the third person, leaving us with only myself and one other, I started to stress about it. But I'm also thinking, hey they knew I was leaving a long time ago, that's upper management's problem. I just feel bad about my coworker having to take care of everything. Although he's already said he's not busting his ass when it's not his fault either.

Our stuff has about a month turnaround time, and everything has steps. So we do field work, then lab work, then write the report. So I can't really work ahead. So it's just kind of when I have to leave, there's nothing I can do about it.
  • mytruelovesmytrueloves member
    edited August 2018
    DF has a listening problem.
    Six months ago he decided to order this trial box for a new laundry product called Frey. It came with detergent in a funky bottle, some dryer sheets, fabric refresher spray, and wrinkle releaser spray.
    When I first opened the box I told DF that it smelled awesome. But I tried it for a month and HATED it. I told him that the smell was overwhelming, that it gave me a headache, that I had started using it only for his clothes because I hated the smell so much. That it didn't get the clothes clean like other detergents I use, it just overloads it with scent. That to get it properly clean, I'd have to use like a quarter of the bottle of detergent per load (for reference, the bottle is like 16 ounces and you're supposed to use 5-6 pumps from the bottle for 1 load of laundry) which was wasteful and a huge loss of money. So we went to the store and got new laundry detergent. 
    Fast forward to now, I'm running out of laundry detergent and since we're at the store and I bring up that we need more detergent and he says "no we don't, I ordered a new box of the Frey". 
    I look at him with the biggest WTF face and said. "What? Why?"
    He goes, "Well you said you really liked the smell and I thought you were out since you haven't used it in a while."
    I couldn't facepalm harder if I tried. He means well but he needs to pay better attention.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023