March 2019 Moms

Product Spotlight: Double & Sit/Stand Strollers

2»

Re: Product Spotlight: Double & Sit/Stand Strollers

• @Lbloom did you have the full second seat or just the little bench seat? I’ll have an almost 3yo and a newborn and I’m debating which version I want.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • LbloomLbloom member
    edited September 2018
    We have the one with the bench seat. DD1 was the type of kid that liked to get up a lot and at that age, would no longer fall asleep in any stroller (not that she ever did much).  Edit* I don't have experience with the Joovy for a newborn, DD2 was older at the time. Have you read some reviews that say that bench seating is really limited when you have a newborn carrier attached? I think that is what I read but I didn't need to worry about that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, that’s the only hold back for me, but we were able to put DD1 in the stroller seat after about 3-4 months and she’d outgrown the infant seat all together by about 8m, so it’d be a pretty limited usage anyway.
  • Bumping.

I found a used 2016 uppababy double vista with bassinet,car seat adapter and standing board for $450. Apparently only used for 7 months. I haven’t tried this stroller but I know it gets great reviews. Anyone have input regarding the price and whether you like this one? 
  • @chocolatelemons We have that stroller (also a 2016) and I love it.  We got it when DD1 was born, then added the rumble seat and adapters for DD2, and now we have the standing board for DD1 to use after DD3 arrives.  You got a great price!
  • @dtspmama We didn’t get it!!  :'(:'(:'( I found out that my infant car seat isn’t compatible with it so we’re most likely going with the baby jogger city select lux.
  • mamakate1616mamakate1616 member
    edited November 2018
    @chocolatelemons we got the city select lux (came in the mail last week) and so far it’s pretty sweet! By so far I mean test drives around the kitchen, but the bench seat for DD is neat and we will probably snag a glider board for the back also. I will miss the one hand fold of the city mini though.
    eta: check Albee baby for prices because they had it on a good sale, in hindsight I should have waited for closer to Black Friday to see what they marked it to  :s:#
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @mamakate1616 I was planning on checking prices on Black Friday. Did you try the city select double stroller too? It’s on sale for $469 so I wondering about the major differences besides the bench seat.
  • @chocolatelemons nope, we really only compared the uppababy and the city select lux. My daughter will be 3 in January and it’s rare that she will sit in a real seat 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • edited November 2018
    @mamakate1616 That’s good to know. My son will be 2 in May but it can be a struggle with him sometimes too- getting him to stay in the stroller.

So many considerations!
  • Has anyone looked at the Joovy Qool? I haven't figured out the differences between all the Caboose ones but this new one seems awesome. We really liked the Graco Modes Duo but it only fits a Graco infant seat. Anyone seen another similar to the Qool?
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I hadn't heard of that one @violetmarie61516 but it looks like a lot more flexible design than the cabooses. I wish my first stroller had been the Britax B-Ready for the same reason I think the Qool would be a good first stroller. I think a lot of the flexibility would be useless on my family since we're already past the baby bassinet phase. At this point, I really just need a sit and stand, so that's what I'm focusing my search on.
  • @meggyme I looked at it again last night and I really like the Qool. Apparently it's been out like 8-9 months but not highly advertised.  I love how stable the bench seat is and there are like 50 different riding options. It's the highest weight limit too at 55 lbs per seat. It will also expand for three children. Seriously thinking this might be the one for us.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @violetmarie61516 I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a second stroller. Hell, I can't bring myself to spend the $100 on the Joovy Caboose. I've been looking second hand with no luck, unless I want a lime green one which I don't really. I've been searching nextdoor, facebook marketplace, craigslist, and just started looking at offer up, as well as a couple local consignment shops. They're all either asking $90 for a $100 stroller or don't have some of the attachments, like the tray or the infant seat attachment I would need.

I'm open to any other recommendations for places to look second hand.
  • @meggyme The app Mercari has a lot of used strollers for sale