January 2019 Moms

Weekly check-in: EDD Jan 8-14 (w/o 8/13)

EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming appointments?

R/R/Q:

GTKY: 
 If you had a "free summer day" (no obligations) what would you do?

Re: Weekly check-in: EDD Jan 8-14 (w/o 8/13)

• EDD? 1/14

Symptoms? 
    round ligament pain like a mother! 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Next Monday when I'm 19 weeks and then I'll be able to schedule my anatomy scan

R/R/Q: 
    I have a summer cold and it's the worst!

GTKY: 
     If you had a "free summer day" (no obligations) what would you do?  I'd probably take a nice walk on a trail and then treat myself to an outdoor lunch somewhere.
  • EDD? 1/9

Symptoms? Really tired, and some discomfort in my belly button

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan next Friday! I was scheduled, I thought, for a blood draw to check for Spina Bifida but my Dr. never ordered the test.

R/R/Q: I love DS but he is in this crazy terrible/trying twos phase. And he is having a meltdown about everything, and he is so whiny. I am normally very patient, but as a WAHM mom, I don't know how much I can handle. Lord give me strength.

GTKY:  If you had a "free summer day" (no obligations) what would you do? 1) Get a pedicure, 2) Read and drink hot tea the rest of the day 3) nap in between. lol

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • EDD?
    1/11

Symptoms?
    Lots of movement, gas/bloating.

Upcoming appointments?
    Regular OB appointment Friday and we will schedule the A/S then! Hoping to do it right at 20 weeks since I haven't had an ultrasound yet and I want to see baby! :) 

R/R/Q:
    The Bump app is really acting up.  I haven't been able to post from it since last week, which is annoying.  DD woke up super early today so it will be a long day.  She is insisting on going to the park, which is fine but it would be nice to do something else too. She shoots down all my suggestions, ha!  

Donuts with friends, hike in one of our nearby State parks, meal on a patio with my husband!
  • EDD? 1/8

Symptoms? 
    Heartburn, RLP, sciatica pain, crazy dreams, insomnia. 

Upcoming appointments? 
    8/31

R/R/Q: 
    None today.

GTKY: 
    I think I'm going to borrow @oldiebutgoodie80 's answer - a pedicure, reading, and naps sounds awesome. 
  • EDD?
    1/10
    Symptoms?

heartburn. Hungry all the time. Otherwise some fatigue in the afternoons. Otherwise I’m feeling good.
    Upcoming appointments?
    I have my 20 week scan on the 27th.
    R/R/Q:
    Today is going to be a long day, I have to drive DS to my parent’s two Hours away, then turn around and drive back and go straight to work this evening. Then we’re flying out at 5:30 am to go to a wedding in Michigan which I’m totally meh about. Hopefully it’ll be more fun than I’m anticipating, but sharing a house with a bunch of party animals pregnant isn’t sounding super appealing. 
    GTKY:  If you had a "free summer day" (no obligations) what would you do?

I’d go to the beach. A good beach with waves. And I’d stay there ALL day with a cooler and some good books. And I’d get ice cream on the way home. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD? 1/9

Symptoms? Really tired, and some discomfort in my belly button

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan next Friday! I was scheduled, I thought, for a blood draw to check for Spina Bifida but my Dr. never ordered the test.

R/R/Q: I love DS but he is in this crazy terrible/trying twos phase. And he is having a meltdown about everything, and he is so whiny. I am normally very patient, but as a WAHM mom, I don't know how much I can handle. Lord give me strength.

GTKY:  If you had a "free summer day" (no obligations) what would you do? 1) Get a pedicure, 2) Read and drink hot tea the rest of the day 3) nap in between. lol

That age is brutal. I struggled so much. And everyone loves to say “oh if you think two is bad, wait until three!” I did not find that to be the case at all. Three was way better. Four is even better. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD?
    1/12 - 18+4 today

Symptoms?

a lot of “I’m not hungry, nevermind I’m starving now” kinda stuff. And sleeping is starting to suck. 

Upcoming appointments?

I have a regular docs appt next week on Wed and then the anatomy scan on Thursday. 

R/R/Q:

we’re moving this weekend so that’s been brutal on my body already. Had some cramping (or possibly just muscle soreness?) yesterday from packing and lifting boxes. We’ve been trying to purge while we pack which is smart but also more time consuming. My real rant though is that the fence contractor said the materials are late so the fence won’t be up until a week after we move in which is truly shit news - means I will be taking each of three dogs out individually on leashes when I get home every day w DD who just turned one. It’s gonna be rough. 

GTKY: 
    By “free” I’m assuming not pregnant also - so I’d go to Margaritaville and drink on the rooftop patio to my hearts content. And then come home and sit around the fire pit and... drink. Can you tell I miss drinking?????
  • EDD?

1/9

Symptoms?

I've started having bad pain in my butt/lower back - I'm assuming its Sciatic pains.  I'm also much more hungry than I had been, although I wouldn't call it constant.  Other than that a little bit of tiredness, but overall feeling much better than I had been, with very few symptoms. 

Upcoming appointments?

I have my anatomy scan on the 23rd.  I meet with the doctor right after they finish so I believe it will also be a stand in for this month's normal appointment, but I'm not positive.  We're meeting one of the other doctors in the practice for the first time, since my doctor will be on vacation.  Normally I would start rotating around after this, but I didn't want to wait for the scan!

R/R/Q:

I'm going on vacation in a week with my FIL, SIL, and DH.  I'm feeling awkwardly like none of my "normal" clothes that I would wear on this trip fit super well, but I also don't fit great in maternity clothes yet.  It's also a trip to a fancy resort in Georgia, so I don't really want to go out and buy a bunch of summer dresses and outfits that I wont really be able to wear again for most of the rest of the pregnancy.  I'm really struggling on what to pack!  I'm also feeling a lot of the insecurities that were being discussed on another thread about how I look in a bathing suit, so I'm a little worried about all the time on the beach and water.

GTKY: 

I'm going to assume this also means I could be wherever I want and not worry about the travel there.  I know that's a huge assumption haha.  I would love to be at my family's camp in Maine hanging out on the rocks listening to waves and reading a book, then going to my favorite restaurant and then getting ice cream on the walk back to the house.  If I couldn't travel and I was just me in my everyday life right now, I would probably try to sleep in a bit, do some reading in bed, wake up and have a yummy breakfast, hang around the yard, take a nap, grill dinner, and have ice cream. 

• EDD? 1/8/19

Symptoms? lightheadedness (which i looked up and apparently its a thing?? lol) Still daily all day nausea, exhaustion

Upcoming appointments? laaawd, i cant even... I have a fetal echo on 8/22 an a regular check up PLUS a second round of Anatomy scan on 8/24 (because lil girl was hiding her head).

R/R/Q: Do any of yall have a separate scan for placenta placement? I have one planned in September (i think) and I'm like...uhhh why?

GTKY: 
     If you had a "free summer day" (no obligations) what would you do?  SLEEEEEEEEEP
    I'm gonna come back with mentions because sometimes when i do it on this post, it makes everything disappear...so weird (also why I'm not in bolding my responses)
  • @julesf817 thank you for saying that. I told my husband... I can’t imagine dealing with a “threenager” and a newborn. It’s starting to give me anxiety. 

@dragonette505 sleep is all I dream about right now
    BabyFruit Ticker

• EDD?

Symptoms?

Nothing this week. Maybe some round ligament pain, but not all the time.  Everything has stopped.  

Upcoming appointments?
    Tomorrow morning. 

R/R/Q: My 10 year old is starting to suspect. Only because I wore a dress on Sunday that made me look slightly pregnant. So she started asking the older two girls who know.  My 13 year old was like, "Are you calling mom fat?!" And that was the end of it.  
    :D  

GTKY: 
    Hiking and fishing. 

@dragonette505 I've never had a scan just for that, but I've also never needed one.  Maybe they saw something on a previous scan and they want to keep an eye on it. 
  • ***lurking*** @dragonette505 I have a placenta ultrasound/doppler scheduled at 22 weeks. But, I had a low placental growth factor result in my standard 1st tri blood work. Apparently, this is a new measure so there's not a whole lot of data to compare my number to, just that it was below average. All they said was that low PlGF can possibly indicate issues later on with placental function, small babies, hypertension, or pre-e, so I'm just going to have extra monitoring. Placenta u/s is just to look at blood flow through placenta. They should be able to tell position during your anatomy scan.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3