Pregnant after IF

3rd trimester check-in | week of 8/13

2»

Re: 3rd trimester check-in | week of 8/13

• hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited August 2018
    Thanks guys, that puts my mind at ease and sounds like if I feed and change him before it should be a doable hour to relax while in-laws visit. @chicandbubbly shower sounds like a good idea too.
    @mbradfo2 - that is great advice on the 4-6 week line, I'm going to use that for everyone really that I know doesn't have shots but definitely for the one smoker.  I think I might give it a couple weeks before she comes over anyway, she is a good friend but not super close so it should be ok. I plan on breastfeeding unless something isn't working right. I would like to supplement with breastmilk in bottles but I think for first few days I'll want to stick with breast.  I had a friend mention with bottle DH can feed at night and here and there too- that sounds great to me and a good way for him to bond so maybe we can do some of that in first few weeks when he is on paternity leave.  I haven't considered Breastfeeding much and plan to ask and learn about it in hospital and rent pump there from lactation consultants.

One more question- doctor said I can eat dinner before I get to hospital Sunday.   What should I eat?  I was thinking Boston market which is roast chicken, mixed veggies (some broccoli not too much), Mac and cheese, creamed spinach, mashed potatoes, and corn bread. Of course I limit the servings to watch blood sugar.  This is the meal I had after sugery last time and it was good. I just picked some up on way home today and ate for lunch as test run to see how my tummy takes it and blood sugar goes. They said they will most likely give me snacks again after cervidil, prior to inducing. I want to have something hearty though that can keep me good and full. Doctor doing cerclage removal okayed me eating before the epidural. If I eat like chicken salad or something I'll be starving again in 2 hours. It's legit because my blood sugar was 74 yesterday after a few hours without a snack. 

Update: sorry if posting too much this week, I have the week off from work and baby stuff is all ready and just really appreciate having you all to talk to!

Just got back from last OB appointment- think my emotions, hormones or adrenaline are on the up swing because 2 things:

1) my sister in law finally responded to an email this morning about drama I wrote her a month or 2 ago and I wrote back thankful that she reached out. She suggested we just talk after baby is here and I agreed, but I was nice and not upset- big win. I am so glad she wrote back because I was pissed she hadn't. She explained she was trying to decide to call or write and her kids are always around.  She is more of a last minute wishy washy personality which I'm trying to accept more. 

2) I had to have sono with the sonographer I don't like, but I got along with her- she was on her best behavior and checked with doctor before she did anything. So I think a lot changed by me speaking up last time. I even heard the front desk lady was telling her keep it positive before I went in. Did NST which was fine (I requested it and maybe overkill) and didn't have to do manual cervix check - hooray!  I also got out of getting weighed. I ate chips last night plus already up another 2 lbs. They told me last time it was the last weigh in.... I think total I might have reached 24 lbs. Last weigh in maybe read 20. 

3) had to sign release forms and whatnot and stayed calm. Doctor asked If I wanted cerclage removal in office today several times but I stuck to my plan and was able to communicate well. He is still fine with Sunday plan to remove with epidural prior to cervadil. So they put the epidural in then have to leave it overnight (with no meds in it) then then add meds again in morning. He said if it shifts or anything they can re-do it which might be annoying.  But this all is not nearly as bad as maybe having Pain today, cramps, bleeding or contractions this weekend.  I just want to have a peaceful few last days where I can focus on eating healthy and resting.  Keeping my mind positive and husband and I both happy. 

4) trying to turn a corner with my husband. I realized I've really expected a lot from him and there are some things that just won't change, the guy isn't perfect and never was.  He doesn't communicate well and had limited patience. And when he is tired he can't think or function well...this is going to be challenging with the sleepless nights ahead of us. So I need to be patient with him and realize he isn't Superman.  I also want him to have a relaxing and restful next 2 days prior to being induced. Going to try and give him some time off this weekend again which we've been doing ok with. 
  • @hottietoddy I personally wouldn’t be comfortable letting someone with a cough come over before the vaccines. Smokers with chronic cough are just more prone to be varying respiratory infections. If you want to not wait I would politely require she wear a mask, but that’s only if she was like really really close to me and I didn’t want her to have to wait to meet the baby. Usually when you are the hospital there are stations with repiratory masks all over I would just snag a few to have on hand at home. 
    Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• Loading the player...
    edited August 2018
    @2MomsHoping you are probably right and she isn't very close to me so I'm thinking of delaying...I feel bad because I mentioned she can come over but I forgot about her cough.  I read first vaccines are around 2 months. I don't really think I'll ever been too comfy with her around the baby just the smoke smell alone gives me a headache.....sigh..... disappointing but what can you do?  So I think I might just make something up and wait until he's a couple months old.  I'll just tell her I'm not feeling well and put it off.  Need to remember I've been througb a lot for this kid and I don't owe anyone anything including baby time. 
  • @hottietoddy You are the mama and you get to call the shots for who you feel comfortable with seeing your baby and under what circumstances. I guess hubby gets a day too...lol. Are you doing anything this weekend special as your last weekend as a family of 2?  We really aren’t but today I think we are going to repack our hospital bag to add a few extra clothes, snacks, and entertainment. 
    Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• @2momshoping and @hottietoddy sending you so much love and good energy. Can not wait to see pics of your LOs ❤️
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
    edited August 2018
    Thank you @lablover78!

@2MomsHoping we actually made it out to dinner tonight to a nice steak place! I was determined to have a nice final baby free date!  Had to go to second place bc didn't have reservations and wait was long but worked out great and I'm happy as a clam.  Had a storm here tonight and our power turned off for about 2 minutes and I almost had a panic attack.  But it came back on. Just didn't want to sleep badly without AC before such a big day tomorrow. 

Today we did some laundry washing and rewashing bassinet sheets, set up pack n play and baby camera monitor and organized the play area with the swing downstairs.  Tomorrow I'm putting last few items in bag and we are going to review labor techniques and info before we leave for hospital around 2:30pm.  I'm very nervous but excited.  At least this time I should have a baby by the end of this hospital trip...I feel about the same as I did my hardest semester in college before my final presentation! Lol  I'm really trying to clear my mind. 

I can't believe we made it this far and we are going to actually have a baby soon- it's surreal!  I'm so excited to hold William and for him to finally be here. There were several days weeks months I thought I'd never get here. So I am focusing on how lucky this opportunity is however it may go.  So I'll probably be out of touch tomorrow but will update when I can.  Cerclage removal and cervidil are tomorrow, then induction Monday 

@2momshoping I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your family!  <3
  • Good luck ladies! I'm looking forward to a mini-baby boom!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Good luck ladies! So excited for you. :) 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • Good luck ladies. Thinking of both of you and hoping all is smooth, healthy and positive. Update when you can!
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!