Infertility
Options

Embryo transfer & outcome poll

hi ladies, I’m interested in this as I just transferred 1 4AA blast (fresh cycle). I’m age 31 and RE strongly recommended against 2, though I was concerned that the blast was still a 4 and thus hadn’t hatched yet. I’m wondering everyone’s else’s experiences - age, grade of blast(s) on day 5, # transferred, result. Thanks!

Re: Embryo transfer & outcome poll

• Options
    Congratulations on your transfer! Sticky thoughts and baby dust!

TW kids

When I was 31 we transferred 2 day3 (8cells) embryos. I believe they were both graded 2. My boys are almost 4 now.

This May we transferred our remaining day3 embryo, again grade 2. I'm now 13weeks pregnant.

Both transfers were FET.

As you can see, I have a 300% success rate so I'm not sure I should be included in the statistics.

What matters is not only the age and grade but also the reason for IF and how well you respond to the medications.

• Options
    I'm 34 and did a fresh cycle where I had 1 day 5 4aa blast transferred, I am now 15 weeks pregnant.  I had tubal infertility and had lost a tube to an ectopic pregnancy in Nov of 15, and had my remaining tube removed before IVF.
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Age @ transfer - 34
    Grade of blasts - 4BB (day 6). They were hatching the morning that the clinic thawed and transferred them, so that might make a difference -- the grading was at time of freezing. 
    # transferred - 2 
    Result - twin pregnancy w/vanishing twin @ 8 weeks and singleton live birth @ 35 weeks. 

Your RE has a point but it's your own choice; I went with two mostly because I was throwing my eggs in one basket so to speak. Two embies only have a marginally better success rate than a single transfer.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    I’m 33 years old, below are my transfer details:

transfer #1- 1 day 5 C-1-1 (bfn)
    transfer #2- 1 day 5 B-2-1(bfn)
    transfer #3- 1 day 5 B-1-1 (bfn)
    transfer #4- 1 day 5 B-1-1 (bfn)
    transfer #5- 2 day 5 B-1-1 (bfn)
    transfer #6- 2 day 5 B-2-2 and C-1-1 (bfn)
    transfer #7- 2 day 5 B-2-2 and C-1-1 (bfp! Currently 20 weeks pregnant) 
  • Options
    embryomanembryoman member
    edited August 2018
    @mzl1 If this was your first transfer, and considering your age, transferring a single 4AA was a good call! At that stage the embryo is very close to hatching (probably just a few hours away). If this was a frozen transfer they probably hatched it anyway due to zona hardening. Good luck and keep us posted!
    I am Embryoman - your friendly neighborhood embryologist!
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • Options
    mzl1mzl1 member
    Thank you very much! The embryology lab just called with a final count of 23 embryos frozen on day 6. There were several 4AA, the rest various a/b combos. But I’m really worried because clearly none of them were even hatching by day 6. I would think that means something bad, yet both embryologists have been super enthusiastic about our embryos 
  • Options
    @mzl1 I really wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes they are hatching out but because of the angle you're grading them at, you can't see that they're hatching. Besides,having that many embryos frozen, with AA and A/B grades, is a sign that things went very well. Since they're frozen, when the embryologist thaws them they should hatch them and give them some time to re-expand before transfer. So the effect will be the same as having a hatching blast.

I am Embryoman - your friendly neighborhood embryologist!
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • Options
    mzl1mzl1 member
    Thanks. I just remembered that they froze all the embryos that’d reached 4AA/4AB yesterday, YESTERDAY- not today. So me panicking that “none of my 5 day high grade embryos have hatched yet,” and therefore the one inside me definitely won’t hatch, is a bit crazypants- they didn’t keep those in the lab to watch for hatching today, they’re already frozen! IVF is making me lose my mind?