August 2018 Moms

Early Labor Signs

Hello, I was admitted to L&D today for signs of early labor. 3cm dialed, contractions every 3-5 minutes. My husband is away so they sent me home after observing for two hours. They said to call when he got in. The contractions are still 5-10 minutes and Im having insane leg and knee pain thats constant. Is this normal, this is my second baby, however, I was induced with my first not sure what early labor is really like.

Re: Early Labor Signs

• I thought consistent contractions every five minutes for over an hour was active labor, not early 
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • shri929 said:
    I thought consistent contractions every five minutes for over an hour was active labor, not early 
    That’s considered labor, but if you are less than 5cm they usually send you home unless you are showing other signs of active labor. Unfortunately it isn’t a one size fits all deal. I was having contractions every 5 minutes for a good chunk of the day today, but they would sometimes subside and weren’t very painful, and had I gone to the hospital they would likely send me home.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers