December 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments • w/o 8.12

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments • w/o 8.12

• @texas_t @scaredunprepared With both kiddos we turned our heads and didn’t look when they were looking at the thigh bones and genital area during the ultrasound. With DS, they stopped the DVD and did not record that part, so we were completely in the dark even though we watched the DVD many times. This time, she recorded the whole thing, so idk maybe we will stop the DVD when it looks like she is heading to that area.
  • Kudos to all of you for knowing the sex by looking at the ultrasound.  At both I had no clue what I was looking at and wouldn't have been able to tell on my own lol
    @katy0990 I wouldn't say it necessarily is a boy, because when the doctor came in for my first pregnancy during the A/S she made a remark like oh yeah that is definitely a girl, so maybe you would be noticing the lack of boy parts?
  • Loading the player...
  • Follow up- don’t google cord insertion variations. I’m guessing mine is “marginal cord insertion” because I don’t remember what they said, but they didn’t seem too concerned. I just freaked myself out last night reading about potential risks. 
  • @tumbleweed-1 Can you call back and get more information, so you don’t scare yourself unnecessarily?
  • @katy0990 that’s a good idea! I didn’t even think of that. I also have an online patient portal, the info might be on there, but I’m not sure how detailed it would be. I imagine it’s just the info they give me on the print outs? That didn’t really say anything except how far along I am & the deets of my vitals. 
  • Well, I failed my 1 hour screen. I have to call and schedule my 3 hour. Lame-o.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @tumbleweed-1 My online portal isn’t very detailed. Personally, I would call. 
  • @texas_t Oh boo, I'm so sorry! How soon are they having you do the three hour? Good luck!!
  • @texas_t Sucks. Hope the three hour is more favorable!
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @texas_t Ugh sorry!  Hope the three hour goes better and isn't too painful.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @morgantu and @katy0990 during an appointment I had at 12+5 my doctor asked if I wanted to know. I said no, but at that point was already convinced it was a boy. Then she kept saying he, which definitely told me I was right, I could see through her attempts to cover up saying “he”. We ended up finding out because it was driving me crazy. Somedays I’m mad at myself for not being stronger and waiting. However I would not have had a true delivery room surprise anyway.

You would think they would just stay silent on the topic! Hopefully baby really was just in a weird position! 
  • @texas_t so sorry you failed the 1 hour! 

I went to my appointment on Monday which for the most part was pretty boring. My doctor did validate my feelings of being huge - I was 22w 5d and measuring 25w.  I’ll be interested to see his growth numbers at my next ultrasound at 26w. That was the ultrasound that they first mentioned DS1 was on the larger side. 
  • @snugglyduckling25 big babies club! How big was your ds1 at birth? 
  • @snugglyduckling25 One of the MFM docs during an ultrasound with DS told us when he came in that he refers to all babies as he, just to give us a heads up. I really appreciated that because otherwise I would have read a lot more into it.
  • @texas_t Sorry about the glucose screening...hopefully the test goes better. I'm expecting to fail my screening too. I guess we'll see.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @morgantu DS1 was 9lbs 5oz, I'm really hoping for not more than that this time!  At the end of the day I know these measurements are guesses so I'm trying not to get myself too worried about it.  He never wore NB diapers and he was too long for NB sleepers.  So, we shall see with this one.  How about yours?

@katy0990 - calling all babies either a he or she and mentioning that to patients is definitely the way to go! Had my doctor left it at saying he I might have not been 100% convinced, but she was so bad at trying to cover it up by acting like she didn't know. I thought if you can't read an ultrasound I probably should get out of here.  :#
  • @snugglyduckling25 9lbs 4oz over here, wut wut! I’m really not planning on getting out much NB stuff this time around because A skipped that phase. But I don’t know!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @snugglyduckling25 this is my first! On tuesday at my appt (at 22.5, like you) the sonographer said baby is measuring "in the 24th week". so i don't know what that means lol. We've been at least 6 days ahead all pregnancy so I think it's fine, just looking to get some possibilities for the birthweight :)
  • @tumbleweed-1 I agree with calling the doctor to get more info. When I was told I had a separate uterus I was given next to no information so I went home a googled. Bad idea. I called the nurses line and a very kind nurse practitioner talked me down and told me what to expect. I really wish doctors would realize that their patients have a lot of information at their disposal but if you don’t give them any details they can’t tell whether or not they should be worried. Just saying “don’t worry” doesn’t cut it! 
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • katy0990katy0990 member
    edited August 2018
    @morgantu  DS was measuring about two weeks ahead for the majority of my pregnancy. My due date was March 9 and I was told from 25 weeks and that there was no way I would be making it to March. Well, I ended up being induced and he was born at 40+4. He wound up only being 8 lbs. 2 oz. His head was on the larger side and he was long with long limbs, but not extraordinarily heavy.  I was told at my anatomy scan this week (20 weeks exactly) that this baby‘s head, belly, and upper arms are measuring 22 weeks, but everything else was in the 20ish range. 
  • Same as Katy0990. With DD I measured ahead but ended up being induced at 40+4.  I had GD and was told baby was huge.  She wasn’t even 7 lbs and she is still very petite!