Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 8/10

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Friday 8/10

• I decided to start it today so I could actually participate! :smile:

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:  4/3

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU:  Acupuncture, BBT, Supplements (I totally fell off my PCOS diet...)

R/R:  I have enjoyed my week so far at the new job.  It's a bit slow right now since I'm still learning, but I think it'll pick up.  It seems more relaxed there and I am already less stressed.

CS/Q:  Nothing to see yet.  Hoping I don't continue to have long cycles.  Last cycle I ovulated 11 days earlier than the prior one, so hoping I get back to CD 19 on this one.

• Month/Cycle: 13/10

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: Dont feel like listing....

R/R: Last day of work before way over due vacation. I'm hoping O will be early again this month but just in case, I have already packed the TTC essentials (even though we dont leave till Tue afternoon)
    I have no rant (I mean I do but out weighed by vacation!)

CS/Q: I just dont even know what's going on here....

• Loading the player...
  • @sparklingdiamond glad that your enjoying the new job and that it's less stress!
  • Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R: **TW** continuation of yesterday's rant... 

Well I have a call in to my doc and am hoping for a blood test. Still looks like AF but I was so nauseous all day and night that I tested again this morning (because I enjoy torturing myself?) and it was a darker line. The internet tells me this could be left over hormones from a CP which seems logical based on all other factors. 

CS/Q: 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @sparklingdiamond happy to hear the new job is less stressful!

@prpl11butterfly love the TTC bag for vacation, and YAY vacation! where are you going??

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin I'm sorry that this is turning out to be more stressful then it was yesterday. 
    Re vacation, we rented a small house on the beach a few states away. Just a couple days but we are at least off all week.
  • @prpl11butterfly enjoy! that should be relaxing. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: PNV, VitD, BBT/CM, started OPKs today, HIO EOD 

R/R: Rave: Ready for the weekend! Baseball game tonight, birthday party tomorrow. Rant: Going to the beach next weekend which is awesome, but staying in a house with a bunch of friends and we likely won't have our own room...which is lining up with the fertile window. All the other years we've done this trip we've ended up with our own room, but now more people are coupled up and I think it's going to end up being a couple in each room with 1 other person. The house has bedrooms with 1 queen bed and 1 twin each. Hopefully I'm just overthinking it and it'll work out.

CS/Q: None to date, temp still low, but up slightly maybe from drinking wine last night. OPK tested low today.
  • @sparklingdiamond - FX you O earlier this time. What kind of a job do you have?

@prpl11butterfly - Have fun on vacation! The beach house sounds lovely. Your temps look like mine always do (lol), but that RHR is nice and steady.

@chichiphin - Are you having a steady flow or more like "heavy" spotting? Could you remind me why the CP seemed eminent? 

@jessg2223 - Do you have a car you could use for some BDing  :D

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Getting prenatals refilled tomorrow and hopefully this AF will be shorter than normal (8 days, ugh!).

R/R: My sister's wedding is in a week and I'm looking forward to it! Mostly to have it over with and the stress gone, but it will also be fun  :p

CS/QWe are going to be gone CD8-11 for the wedding, so I have no idea how my chart is going to look this month. I might just start testing/temping CD12 since I O'ed CD18 last month. You only have to have 3 temps before and after O to get FF to give you CHs, right?
  • @marebear15 Haha its a pretty crowded beach so that won't be an option. We'll probably just head back to the house at some point when everyone is at the bar or beach.  ;)
  • @sparklingdiamond FX for an earlier O - I’m right there with you!
    @prpl11butterfly LOL I totally get the TTC bag for vacation. Last week I had a bag packed with supplements, hpts, cups, and tampons.
    @chichiphin Ugh what a confusing time. I hope you get answers from your doctor soon :heart:
    @jessg2223 Boo! Hopefully you can find time to HIO in private even if you have to share a room.
    @marebear15 I think that’s right - you could always put a few more fake temps in earlier if you notice a shift to get FF to pick it up.

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: bbt, OPKs starting CD14, HIO EOD (or more) starting CD14, PCOS supplements, Ava should be in next week

R/R: Glad to be home, but not looking forward to going back to work in a week!

CS/Q: Still not temping yet. I wanted to wait for my Ava to come in before I start for this cycle, since your wrist surface temp is different than temping orally. Not sure if starting next week will be too late, but the earliest I think I’ve ever O’d is CD19 so hopefully I’m ok.
  • Month/Cycle: 10/11

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: All the things.  Clomid starts tonight.

R/R: Had the cyst aspiration today and I'm glad it's done.  It was a tough decision, but we're just going to move forward as if this little hiccup never happened.  My RE was reassuring with my questions and now we'll see how this cycle goes.

CS/Q: Nope.  I'll resume temping tomorrow.  
  • riff323riff323 member
    edited August 2018
    @sparklingdiamond yay for a new job! What do you do?

@prpl11butterfly have fun on your vacation!

@chichiphin I hope you get answers soon. Keep us posted!

@jessg2223 sounds like a fun weekend and vacation, even with the weird room situation! I'm sure you'll find some time. ;)

@marebear15 I hear you on being excited for the wedding to be over! My best friend got married last month and the wedding was absolutely without a doubt the best one I've ever been to but oh my god... thank god it's over and done!!!!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Not much... temping, HIO

R/R: Here's my rant - DH has a much lower sex drive than I have and while under normal conditions it's not that big of a deal, it makes TTC extremely frustrating. Luckily I suckered him into it yesterday because I had some EW but temp was still low today so probably not great timing. Maybe this weekend we can try again!
    Rave: Running my first 5k tomorrow since December!!!

CS/Q: None

ETA Rave
  • thanks everyone i hope so too. @marebear15 **TW** 
    the cramping was intense, and there is red blood, not old blood. so I doubt implantation bleeding. 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @dogmomma271 I'd love to hear your feedback once you get your Ava. I don't have the consistency to temp each morning and think it may be a good solution. I hope your first week back goes well. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

@riff323 good luck on your 5k! Stay cool!

@Sparty18 FX for you this cycle. I hope you're feeling well.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Month/Cycle: 3/3 1 benched

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: pnv, BD, ovulation estimation. 

R/R: Home for a full week and estimating my O during this window. We're already planning a ton of alone time. 
    Every time I think i'll be home longer, my job wants me to drop everything for them and travel again. Hoping after our big project that I can get my life back again. We'll see how the next 30 days goes. 

CS/Q: What are your feelings at cycle 3 on cheap OPKs vs more expensive ones? 
  • @vl_16 - Have you been able to pinpoint O the past 2 cycles with cheapies? If you have, I'd keep using them. If you haven't, maybe take a 2nd look at CM, BBT, and CP, and decide if it's issues with those or with the cheapies.
  • @marebear15 thank you for the feedback. I'm going to try once more with cheapies this month since my cycle should be back to normal this many months off BC. And I'm fully at home in my est. FW. I'll be sure to keep an eye on other predictors like CM, etc. next week and decide if these are aligning. 

Thank you again!
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: CM, BD, pnv

R/R:  I live in CA, near one of the fires. I packed some bags last night even though I prolly didn't need to since we are pretty close, but not super close to the foothills. DH thought I was crazy, but in all honesty I think that by preparing (even a little bit), I'm hopeful that I will have just wasted an hour or two of my life and we won't have to evacuate. I know a few people who have had to leave their houses. It's scary. 

CS/Q: Nothing to see

@sparklingdiamond I'm glad the new job is treating you well!
    @prpl11butterfly Woo Hoo! Vacay!! Love the pic!!
    @chichiphin Hugs for you!!
    @jessg2223 Perhaps you should conserve some water and shower together  ;) 
    @marebear15 FX for a short AF!
    @dogmomma271 Keep us updated on the Ava - it's definitely an interesting concept!
    @Sparty18 Thinking all the good thoughts for you this cycle!
    @riff323 Good luck on the 5k!! 
    @vl_16 I hope you won't have to travel much in the coming weeks/months. DH has a travel heavy job, so I know how frustrating it can be - even when not TTC!
  • @sparklingdiamond good to hear the new job is less stressful
    @prpl11butterfly enjoy your vacation! love your preparation
    @chichiphin I'm sorry you're dealing with all of the confusion. I hope you get some answers soon
    @jessg2223 enjoy your weekend! I feel you on the rant. We're going to be staying at H's grandmother's house, along with my in-laws, for part of the fertility window...hopefully everything works out for you and it's not an issue!
    @marebear15 I hope the wedding is super fun!
    @dogmomma271 I hope you enjoy your last week before heading back to work
    @Sparty18 fx that everything goes well!
    @riff323 good luck at your race!
    @vl_16 hoping you can stay put for a bit!
    @lillywonderland stay safe out there!

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: PNV, temping, SMEP

R/R: Rave: H was mostly back to normal last night, so I got a more relaxing evening, which was great. We've also finally found a few shows on Netflix/Amazon Prime that we both actually like, so that's been fun. Most of the time it's one of us agreeing to the other's show (mostly me doing the compromising...) and then spending the whole ep scrolling through my phone. Rant: I'm already starting to feel anxious about this cycle, and I wish I could make my brain just cool it already.

CS/Q: 
  • @lillywonderland stay safe!!!

@allegram16 Ugh, anxiety... it's the worst. Solidarity.

@vl_16 work travel is hard. How often do you have to travel?
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 1.  

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, tracking w/Fertility Friend, prenatal vitamins, HIO

R/R: Rant: Not today.
    Rave: DH is done with teaching summer school, so I'm looking forward to having a few weeks of being home together before we both head back to our classrooms. Can't believe it's August already.

CS/Q:  Nope

@prpl11butterfly have a great vacation!
    @riff323 good luck in your 5K!  
    @jessg2223 enjoy the beach! 
    @lillywonderland yikes!!  That's scary.  Stay safe!
    @sparklingdiamond glad you like your new job.  Less work stress is good. :)
    @chichiphin I am so sorry. I hope you get some answers. 
    @vl_16 that's frustrating to have to drop everything and travel.  I hope you can enjoy some time at home before you have to be on the go again.
    @dogmomma271 enjoy the rest of your time off!  
    @Sparty18 FX for you moving forward.  
    @marebear15 enjoy all the wedding festivities!  

• harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited August 2018
    ::lurking from TWW::
    @lillywonderland - Girl. NOT CRAZY. Those fires are out of control and unpredictable. I think its smart to be prepared. Hell, my H and I have "Bug-out" and "Bug-in" kits in each of our cars and in our home should we need to get out of town (or shelter in place) ASAP. We're in direct hurricane territory. 

FX your prep isn't necessary. 
  • Hey guys! Work has been kind of crazy so I haven't been able to post the last couple days but I am reading and rooting for everyone :)

@sparklingdiamond I'm glad your new job is already less stressful :) Hopefully things pick up steadily and aligned with your increasing comfort with what you're supposed to be doing there.

@prpl11butterfly Woohoo for vacation! I hope you have an amazing time at the beach and really just get to unwind.

@chichiphin I'm really sorry for what you're going through right now :( I hope your doctor can get things sorted out for you with a blood test.

@jessg2223 I wouldn't want to share a room even if we weren't TTC haha! Hopefully a good time either way :)

@marebear15 Have fun at the wedding! My sister got married in June and it was a great time.

@dogmomma271 My sister sent me a link to the Ava. Curious to hear your thoughts on it after you've had the chance to try it out.

@vl_16 I have a stay-cation scheduled the first week of September. Hope you get to relax :) As for OPKs, I just started using them this month (4th month/3rd cycle) and got the internet cheapies. We'll see!

@lilywonderland Very scary. I'm with you - I feel like if I prepare for something, it doesn't happen!

• Month/Cycle: 4/3
    CD: 17
    WAYDTGKU: PNVs, N&C, started OPKs on CD12
    R/R: *TW*
    Yesterday at work, a coworker announced that she's pregnant. I am definitely happy for her and I try to remind myself that I have no idea what her own TTC journey has been like but I still felt a twinge of jealousy.

CS/Q: OPKs haven't shown a positive yet - which I'm not surprised about, considering how long most of my cycles have been over the last year - but I'm keeping my strips taped to a piece of paper with CD and time tested. Today's looked a little darker than the rest but definitely not a positive. Do they get progressively darker as you get closer or does that not mean much?

• @Swiftlet they should get progressively darker until they become positive  
  • SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited August 2018
  • @prpl11butterfly Enjoy your vacation!!

@chichiphin I am so sorry.  I hope you can get an answer soon.

@jessg2223 Hopefully you guys can find some alone time and not miss your window!

@marebear15 I do accounting, so both bookkeeping and taxes.  I think you are right that you only have to have three temps before and after to get CHs.

@dogmomma271 Hopefully we both have way shorter and better cycles this time!

@sparty18 Glad it is at least over with and hopefully next cycle is better.

@riff323 I do bookkeeping and taxes!  I know what you mean about being the one with the higher sex drive.  It is frustrating at times.

@lillywonderland I don't think that's overreacting at all.  That would freak me out as well and it's better to just go ahead and be prepared.