February 2019 Moms
Options

Naming conflict, please help!

So when my husband and I had our first child together and we found out it was a boy, he insisted on a family name that i wasn't 100% thrilled with but agreed to because he told me the next would be my choice as long as it wasnt "a stripper name" or "an outrageous spelling". Fast forward we are now having the girl i have wanted and prayed for since my first son in 2004 then my second(first with my husband). Now when it comes to names I had several and he basically turned his nose up at all. My first choice being Alivia Rose followed by Piper, Layla, Lainey and Tilly, all middle name Rose like mine. Are these names as bad as he is making them out to be? I am kinda angry that he got his name and now all mine are being shunned. Opinions please!

Re: Naming conflict, please help!

• Options
    I'm partial to Tilly. My friend had a particularly fat cat named Tilly. She was mean as hell and barfed everywhere, but she was adorable in her own weird way. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    You would have a lot better luck with this in the naming thread. One off posts are generally frowned upon as they clutter up the board.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    avelure25avelure25 member
    edited August 2018
    You would have a lot better luck with this in the naming thread. One off posts are generally frowned upon as they clutter up the board.

Thank you this is my first post i will move it there
  • Options
    How do I delete a post, i do not see an option??
  • Options
    Best to just leave it. You know now for next time :)
  • Options
    Also meant to add, read the board organisation post at the top.
  • Options
    My husband and I never agreed on a name, I picked my daughter’s name two days after she was born. He warmed up to it...eventually. 
    In a perfect world you want your partner to be on board with everything, but it’s not a perfect world.
    My daughter’s name isn’t common or trendy, so I got a lot of opinions about it. Be prepared that not everyone (DH aside) will love the name the way you do, and will let you know. So in the end, it doesn’t matter what strangers think of those names, you will always find someone who agrees with DH and hates them.