December 2018 Moms

UO 8/9

2»

Re: UO 8/9

• I just remembered something great about the outfit we took DD home in. We ... didn't. All I'd brought to the hospital to bring her home in as a white onesie, since we were going to put her in a fleece suit/jacket thing anyway because she was a winter baby. We were all packed up to go and she was in her onesie, when the nurses came for her and told us we needed to attend the luncheon before we left. When we got her back, she was back in the hospital-issues shirt, because she spat up on her own onesie and I think they didn't realize it was ours. We were like, "uh....." and then quickly put the fleece suit on her and got out of dodge before they realized we stole the shirt :D 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @LLynde5 many hospitals do not have nurseries now. When I had my son 2 years ago there was not a nursery at my hospital and their isn't one at the hospital I am having this baby at (both large hospitals in Boston). Both required the baby to be with mom at all times. My son was 8 weeks early so he did go to the NICU and this one will as well so I haven't worried about it but I do not know what families with other kids at home who are desperate for a couple hours of sleep do? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @zoepac no nursery!!! I thought it was a life saver.  If nurseries are a thing of the past, I would be okay.  I am back home with lots of family and friends I can call in for back up.  Plus my hubby is an old pro and he won’t have to leaving us!!
  • @runrinserepeat We kept the half onsie and blanket  DS wore st the hospital for his memory box, so you aren’t the only thief! What luncheon did you have to go to?
  • @katy0990 they gave us lunch with all the other new parents and taught us how to deal with newborns. It was like they didn't want us to leave the hospital without a little tutorial on babies or something. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @runrinserepeat Was it mandatory? I would have hated sitting for lunch with strangers 3 days after being cut open. How do the schedule all of the babies’ feedings around that? 
  • @katy0990 it didn't seem optional at the time. It was kind of annoying, kind of nice to talk to other people besides DH at that point. They didn't make us do it last time, either, so IDK if it was a first time only thing, or if they've since stopped the tradition. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Our hospital has a very small nursery, but you can still use it. I don't think most people use it, but we sure did! It helped a lot to get some sleep at night honestly.

Re: coming home outfits. When I think of these, I don't necessarily think of them coming home in them literally, I think of announcement pictures. That's what I use it for anyway. I bought a little long sleeved onesie that says 'littlest <last name>'. It's simple, but adorable. I plan on having baby in that when we take a picture to announce to the world and distant family. Otherwise, I don't plan to bring a lot else to the hospital this time. Last time, we put DS in an adorable sleeper, but OMG those things are hard to get on and off and of course he shit everywhere as soon as we had it on and him in the seat. I was sweating by the time I had him cleaned up and re-dressed. :D
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Jens_Hoes Good point! I was thinking of using the sleeper with the feet and stealing the hat that goes with the gown and saving the gown/knitted hat for newborn photos later!
  • @zoepac my hospital is the same- no nursery unless they need to be monitored so NICU. 

@runrinserepeat I had a brunch at my hospital. It was the same little tutorial on how to care for newborns: car seat safety, bathing, feeding...I really didn't mind it at all. 
  • Several days late, but I have one: FACETUNE IS WEIRD. There. I said it. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • FaceTime?  
  • @LLynde5 I think Pensive is talking about a selfie editor. I agree that they’re weird too. I think that makeup is a good enough deception tool, humanity doesn’t need fancy editors to make you skinny or change your jawline.
    But hey, I only wear enough makeup to hide the perma-bags under my eyes and am *clearly* not an Instagram star :neutral:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @LLynde5 No no — FaceTune, or whatever automated setting Samsung (I think?) puts on their phones that makes faces look super airbrushed and weird. It’s even weirder when it’s used on an actual baby’s face. Babies already have naturally dewy, wrinkle-free skin! No need to correct things even more!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/bodies/woman-calls-out-samsung-for-automatically-airbrushing-her-selfies/amp/

As for FaceTime, I am 100% a fan :smile:
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Also while I’m at it, I hate google amp. Can someone explain the point of it to me? Faster loading maybe? It makes copying links annoying.

Clearly I’m in A Mood. :kissing_heart:
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Oh!  I had no idea, I am an apple user because it’s the platform I have used since 2008 and I hate change.  My phone is set up perfect for work. 
  • @PensiveCrayon I was trying to figure out why you would hate FaceTime too!