Working Moms
Options

Medical career pregos

Anyone else here work around anesthesia and radiology? I am a veterinary technician, and I work in surgery daily and take radiographs daily. I am only 9wks, and I have my first appointment next week. 

I saw my usual doctor when when we started TTC. She said I would be fine to continue my duties as long as I used appropriate PPE, which I do. But the two other ladies pregnant at my clinic have stopped doing anesthesia, radiographs, and lifting from the moment they found out they were pregnant.

Just curious what anyone else’s take on this subject is until I see my new doctor. (My previous clinic is shutting down, so I have to change to someone new.)

Re: Medical career pregos

• Options
    Usual ppe and it is safe - seems to be the going recommendation - BUT for my own sake of mind I flat out have avoided any exposures (twice in the first tri and once early second tri I was exposed accidentally - briefly - in a very low risk situation with no known adverse outcome), but I felt like it's a temporary inconvenience for my job, but lifelong concern for my baby, so I decided that I would be conservative.