December 2018 Moms
Options

weekly check-in 8/8 (12/1 and earlier to 12/8)

Hey all! Figured I'd get us going for this week. How is everyone doing now that we're as solid week into August? (4 months or less til our EDD's!!)

How far along are you? 
How are you feeling?

Any appointment updates?  

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? 

GTKY: Going with something opposite of the GTKY from this week, what is something you've tried (food, experience, etc.) that you have no intention of EVER trying again?
Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
Started IF Feb. 2014
PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
IUI March 2015, BFN
IUI June 2015, BFN
IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: weekly check-in 8/8 (12/1 and earlier to 12/8)

• Options
    How far along are you? How are you feeling?
    23 weeks and 4 days! It's kind of crazy to look at my countdown and see that there's only 16 weeks left (and 3 days). I'm happy to be on the other side of halfway, but now it's almost anxiety inducing as I'm counting down and not counting up anymore!

Any appointment updates?  
    I had a regular OB visit last week and everything was okay. Listening to baby bean's HB on the doppler. The only somewhat concerning thing is that my weight went up 8 lbs since my last visit, but 4 of those were just in the past week! The NP said we'd keep an eye on it for the next 2 weeks or so since sudden weight gain can be a sign of preeclampsia, but I'm hoping it was just a growth spurt for baby along with a terrible week of eating/exercising! I'm not too worried about overall weight gain b/c I'm only up 11 lbs since before my BFP.

The NP mentioned circumcision at my appt on Friday. I haven't given it much thought yet, but she said it's something to start considering. For those of you who already have boys (or who are having a boy), what factors did you consider in making your decision? Is it something we have to know by the time he's born, or can we make the decision later? I guess I need to start doing some research on the whole thing.

GTKY: Going with something opposite of the GTKY from this week, what is something you've tried (food, experience, etc.) that you have no intention of EVER trying again?
    This is my own question and I can't even think of anything to answer! I will edit later if I come up with something...
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    23+4. Feeling great but figured out sleeping without my snoogle is no longer an option. Since the only option is to sleep on the side (well, I do still sleep on my back quite a bit) I find my shoulders don't like being squished/stretched to support my head. But it seems tucking my arm under the snoogle works great.

Any appointment updates?  
    None for the week (this never happens!)

We are going to a mountain resort this weekend to celebrate our 5-year anniversary. I am very excited! We've been doing things/going places this summer, so it's not like we've been stuck at home, but it feels like a very long time since we've done something with just the two of us. 

Those water slides that are almost perpendicular to the ground. Yeah no thanks. I think I did it once to prove I could do it, but it was terrifying. And just because I did it once doesn't make it any less terrifying!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver
    I get the "anxiety inducing" part, for sure, since we don't have anything near ready or bought yet (just the stroller, really, because it was a good deal). But more I find myself being impatient already! Like I am in no way ready for this kid, but I want her to be here already (but not really - stay cooking until you're ready, little one).

• Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver I don't have a boy, but DH and I have had the conversation because we are team green.  He feels strongly that we should circumcise, so we will.  The AAP has said that both are safe choices, so we feel confident in our choice to do so.  I believe sometimes you can't (premies, extenuating circumstances if there is something wrong with the penis/that area) until they are older, but it becomes a much bigger procedure as they age (having to use anesthesia, etc). 

How far along are you? 
    How are you feeling? 23+3. Feeling pretty good, just large.

Any appointment updates?  Appt tomorrow, just to check weight, urine, heartbeat.  I imagine the next one after that will be the screening for GD   :s

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? I'm over the heat and humidity 

GTKY: Going with something opposite of the GTKY from this week, what is something you've tried (food, experience, etc.) that you have no intention of EVER trying again? Eat olives lol they taste gross.  Other than that, probably do drugs? I used to smoke pot, and I'd never do it again even if it was offered to me. 
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    23 weeks!  Feeling very pregnant.  My lower back hurts, lots of Braxton-Hicks when I'm active, I waddle instead of walk, going from laying or sitting to standing is getting super difficult, moving in general is hard.  

Any appointment updates?  
    Things went well with MFM this week.  Everything looks stable.  I have my weekly with them next week and one with my regular OB.

Hating this heat like @Jens_Hoes.  I cleaned and vacuumed my car out today and the heat/humidity was unbearable.  I should have just went to the car wash and paid them $20 to do it.  Is it fall yet?!

I'm going to expose some of my early 20s poor choices and say drop acid  :D  I did it once and it wasn't all that fun... I'm not sure why people enjoy it. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    hkomhkom member
    @mag1cbeli3ver We are having a boy and are not circumcising.  H is not, and he has never had any issues, either in terms of actual physical problems or feeling self-conscious about it.  I could get up on my soap-box about it, but I'll spare everyone haha. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Jens_Hoes and @hkom Thank you for the input! I really need to sit and talk with DH and do some reading so we can figure out what we want to do. I did read something that it's becoming a lot more common for boys not to be circumcised. And yes - totally over the heat! C'mon, September!
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN

• Options
    24 weeks tomorrow. I feel good, but very hog-ish this last week+. I'm thinking about food all of the time and therefore want to eat all of the time. My belly is growing and I'm starting to look actually pregnant instead of just chubby which is nice. How can I already be a month away from 3rd tri?

Any appointment updates?  
    Still nothing for me! I have such a long lull between my last and upcoming appointments.

Work is so quiet this week which while it's nice, the time is going so slow. @ab_canada I feel the same as you! I'm getting impatient, but I'm also not close enough to actually get things ready for LO. I always say the 20s are my favorite part of pregnancy, so why am I wishing time away?!

I am going to have to say tripe soup. Just.. don't.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @mag1cbeli3ver we chose not to circumcise our boys. I struggled with the decision with ds1. H told me it was my final decision. I guess what it came down to was that it wasn’t a necessity, it’s not uncommon, and I just didn’t feel a strong enough reason to do it. So far I don’t regret our decision, however I still worry how my boys will feel later. Hopefully since I’ll have 3 boys it will just feel normal to them. 
  • Options
    23 weeks, 1 day! Having an off day stomach wise, and some pelvic pain, but otherwise okay. 

Any appointment updates?  
    Tuesday is my 24 week appointment and I can't wait! Should be speedy, just a doppler/heartbeat check and weight, blood pressure, urine sample, but I just love the reassurance of appointments.

Nothing at the moment except I'm in a weird 45 minute lull at work before things get crazy at the end of the day and I'm struggling to focus/maintain energy!

I'll go with the theme of some of the previous replies - pot! I am such a dork, but I just never liked it. I tried it in college and my early 20's to be a good sport and because friends seemed to love it, but I just have always preferred wine! Marijuana is legal here now in CA and I kind of secretly hate it because I can't stand the smell. (Though I'm certainly glad people aren't getting put in jail for pot now!)

@mag1cbeli3ver Thanks for starting this! I also am kind of in shock about how relatively little time is left! I feel like we have a ton left to do, even as a STM, and I need to get on the ball. August is crazy work wise for me and my husband, but September is going to be baby prep month! Re: circumcision, I think it's probably best to know if you're going to do it or not in advance. Our hospital does the procedure 24 hours or so after birth (unless there are any issues or complications) and I know I'd rather not make the decision in the immediate post labor craziness!

@ab_canada Oh, enjoy your anniversary trip! That sounds awesome!!

@jens_hoes Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! And yeah, after my appointment Tuesday the next one is the dreaded glucose appointment. So not looking forward to it! And yes, I am also completely over summer. Bring on fall!

@hkom So glad everything went well with the MFM and everything is looking stable! Hopefully the cervix issue isn't causing you too much stress right now!

@temmetime Omg I literally shuddered at the thought of tripe soup.

• Options
    23 weeks 5 days - last two nights I’ve been really uncomfortable at bed time. My belly is literally growing - I woke up yesterday to see the top of my belly button stretched out. Did not look that way the day before!! I didn’t realize I was already experiencing some Braxton Hicks contractions til talking to the Dr last week at my appt. That is uncomfortable but only here and there. Baby girl’s movements are definitely getting stronger - so mind blowing there’s a human inside of me!

Any appointment updates?  
    Ultrasound this afternoon to confirm growth - excited to see her!! Not feeling worried since my belly is growing and she feels bigger too! Ha!

It feels like EVERYONE I know is preggo right now ... must just be the season of life I’m in. 

Hmmm ... think I have to go with selling my house. I had an awful experience the first time I listed it. On the market for a year not one offer and the realtor from hell!! Fast forward about 16 months later we relisted with a different agency and got an offer in a few days and closed 5 weeks later but I absolutely hated the entire experience. I felt very taken advantage of. Sorry if anyone is a realtor (my best friend is one now and I still tell her I hate real estate with a passion). The reality is I’ll probably have to go through it again at some point in my life but it’s the absolute WORST!