November 2018 Moms

GTKY: What’s in the bag?

what’s in your everyday handbag/purse/pocketbook/rucksack at the moment? is it nice and neat or a hot mess? 

Re: GTKY: What’s in the bag?

• Loading the player...
  • highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited August 2018
    @rosebud1230 i had a good laugh over carrying around a tourniquet. i’m really impressed your dh thought about being that prepared! is there a particular reason for it?

eta- before dd, the only thing i carried around was that wristlet wallet and my keys. oh how times have changed!
  • @highsteaks I chuckle every time I see it. He just likes to be prepared and likes for me to be too. He has one in his car, he put one in mine, we have one at the house, and he has several at work. I think it has something to do with his limited first aid training being active duty military. If he can properly apply a tourniquet in chaos, he can tackle any medical emergency he’d see in the field.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • - Wallet
    - keys
    - snacks
    - water bottles for DD and myself
    - wipes
    - change of panties for DD
    - hand sanitizer
    - sunglasses

• I don't carry a bag unless I absolutely have to.  I usually just carry my phone, wallet and keys (if I need them).

I'm super minimalist and only "typically" carry my phone (unless I'm driving or going to need my ID, medical marijuana card or cash/credit cards, in which case my wallet and my keys, if need be, come with me).

It really sucks that women's clothes don't generally have pockets that are both real and big enough to actually put things in. :frowning:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• I recently downsized purses because my normal bag had an obscene amount of crap in it. Since I switched to a smaller crossbody, I've been so much better about not hauling around crap.

-keys
    -wallet
    -sunglasses
    -phone
    -makeup bag with glosses, chapstick, mascara, concealer, eye drops, hand sanitizer and nose spray
    -a variety of medicine
    -paper unicorn horn
    -princess necklace
    -business cards
    -pair of socks
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @rosebud1230 total face palm moment, but had to be honest. I didn't even know that or the princess necklace was in there. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I currently only carry a wristlet thats holds my phone, ID & cards. It also has a clip to stash my keys when not driving. If out with my son I just pack his tiny backpack with an extra change of clothes now that he is potty trained... but I leave it in the car. When he wasnt potty trained I would just grab my empty purse toss the wristlet in, a diaper, and a pack of wipes. Hate having to dig through the clutter of a purse when I dont have to. I do admire all the woman that are legit prepared for anything with their purse contents though lol
  • I carry a very small cross body purse. I got it for Disney and love it so much, I just have kept using it! There isn't room for much. I have:
    Small wallet
    Sunglasses
    Phone
    Keys
    Random change
    And whatever junk I stuffed in there (receipts, little toy, etc)
  • This was an interesting one! My daily purse seems to have a ton of stuff in it even though it's not that big...
    -thumbdrive
    --nail clippers
    -extra rubber bands
    -keys
    -eye drops
    -Sugar Cookie Chapstick
    -OneTouch to check my blood sugar
    -Straw
    -wallet
    -notebook
    -3 pens
    -Hand lotion
    -coupon book
    -gift cards & stamp cards
    -floss & toothpicks
    -police wallet (with my badge & ID card)
    -Trader Joe's breakfast trail mix individual pack

• I compartmentalize my bags, so much so my husband calls me the bag lady- I have a small mini backpack I grab that has wipes/diapers for DD2 and underwear for DD1. This is only something I grab when I know we're all going out to a restaurant or will be out and about for the day.

I typically carry a small crossbody tourist purse that holds my cards, some loose change, a bunch of receipts that need to be cleaned out, a Gogo Squeeze pouch, and some other detritus like princess necklaces/plastic spiders, and the like.

I also carry a backpack if I am going to a client site or working from a cafe. The backpack carries two laptops and their corresponding chargers, pens, microfiber cloth, a notebook, and my headphones. 

Oh, and I have a pool bag that carries sunscreen, towels, diving toys, blow-up toys, graham crackers, and water bottles.
  • I don’t carry a bag, just a wallet. It contains cards, cash if I have it, coins and receipts.

the diaper bag we carry has all the essentials for a toddler. 

Said toddler was super quiet yesterday and I discovered this.. needless to say my wallet got the cleaning it needed yesterday! Lol 

nws
  • @ashkee05 I have the same wallet. I love it lol! That looks exactly like the contents of mine 
  • Wallet, extra charger, cable, show postcards, chapstick, sunglasses, business cards, lens cloth, hair tie.

BabyFruit Ticker