Pregnant after IF
Options

3rd trimester check-in | week of 8/6

I'll start this week's check in.  

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun. 

• How far along? EDD?
  • How is everyone feeling this week? 
  • Any upcoming appointments? 
  • GTKY:  Who has pets?  How do you think they will respond to the new addition(s)
  • As always feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive!
If you're just joining us please post a: 
  • Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
  • How many babies you are pregnant with
  • If you know the gender(s)
  • How you have been feeling in your 3rd tri
  • Any upcoming or recent appointments you may have
Please let us know if you need to be added to the list below:
@Irisheyes81 EDD 8/4 with a little girl - has anyone heard an update?!
@2MomsHoping EDD 8/12 team green
@laurad75 EDD 8/20 with a little boy
@sarcasticowl EDD 8/23 with a little girl
@lablover78 EDD 9/1 with a little boy
@hottietoddie EDD 9/5 with a little boy
@gfgrump EDD 9/6 with a little boy
@sarzee2 EDD 9/10 (inducing early 9/4 or 9/5) team green 
@BusinessWife EDD 9/9 team green
@adirat EDD 9/15 with a little boy
@chicandbubbly EDD 10/1 with a little girl
@halfanewt EDD 10/3 team green
@klyn7 EDD 10/6/18 team green
@Dragonfly6191 EDD 10/12 b/g twins!
History and blog link in spoiler
2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
May 2020 FET; BFN
July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

Re: 3rd trimester check-in | week of 8/6

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck @Irisheyes81
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited August 2018
    wow, another round of PAIFers getting super close!! :dizzy:
    Good luck everyone!

Can't wait to hear about baby's arrival @Irisheyes81

We have 2 doggies and a kitty and they did very well with baby's arrival, although I think my younger dog is a bit depressed about no longer being the baby. Our cat basically just ignores baby and hangs out on her catio most of the day anyway.

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    Good luck @irisheyes81 ! Must be so weird just like...sitting around and waiting for something that's going to be so exciting/hopefully not too painful/been waiting years for!
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    Together Since 5/07, Married 5/13
    TTC Since 8/15
    3 Cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI-11/16, 12/16, 1/17-All Failed
    Switched RE's 1/17
    4 IUIs-2/17 through 6/17-All Failed
    ER-8/30/17-25 Eggs Retrieved=7 PGS Normal Embyros
    FET#1 of 1 Embryo-10/3/17-Chemical
    FET#2 of 2 Embryos-11/16/17-Failed
    FET#3 of 1 Embryo-12/22/17-BFP!
    Carter Wright arrived 9/5/18
  • Options
    Speaking of nurseries (and mine that is still unfinished but will hopefully be done this weekend), I thought this one from Joanna Gaines was full of some really neat ideas and products. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• Options
    @2MomsHoping Omg, your dog sound like a handful. I'm impressed you can be so calm and patient.  
    @Irisheyes81 we'll be waiting for your update. Hope all goes well! Been thinking about you.
    @laurad75 that nursery is so cute. I love the quilt and also the bin of all the swaddles. Thanks for getting this week started. 

How far along? EDD?
    35w 4d/ 9/6.  
    How is everyone feeling this week? 
    I'm still doing okay.  Back hurts and not sleep well.
    The past couple of US have shown the baby breech and I know I still have time, but I did start to have the realization that all this prep of hypo-mindful-hippie-dippie stuff might go out the window if this baby does not cooperate.  He's been head down before and no one seems worried yet, so I'm trying not to worry. But of course, I'm doing all my own little things- spinning babies, chiropractic, yoga, walking, taking Dha and eating fish and just trying to will him downwards. We'll see what the NST shows on Wednesday.
    This is my last week of vacation and I actually have to go in twice this week for meetings that I'm determined to get paid for somehow, so it's sort of like the end of my freedom. In some ways it's nice to get back to a structure, bc I start to go a little stir crazy sometimes toward the end of the summer, especially now that most of my friends aren't local.  It just ends up being me and DH spending WAY too much time together.

Any upcoming appointments? 
    Chiropractor today, NST wednesday, OB next monday.

GTKY:  Who has pets?  How do you think they will respond to the new addition(s)
    We have a cat. I'm really not a pet person, but DH already had her when I moved in. I've grown to love her though and when DH is away, she'll snuggle with me. She's pretty aloof, so I'm not too worried about how she'll respond to the baby. When there's new people in the house, she hides under the bed, so she may do that when the baby comes home. She sometimes shows interest in things, like the crib, but hasn't yet tried to get in it.

As always feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive!

TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

• Options
    2MomsHoping2MomsHoping member
    edited August 2018
    @irisheyes81 thanks for giving us an update glad you were able to get some sleep. I hope the pitocin gets things moving along. Ahhh just so excited for you!!!

@mbradfo2 Joanna Gaines is my design hero. I can’t ever make anything look half as good as she does.

@gfgrump I hear what your saying with the baby flipping. When we were paying for he doula and hypnobabies stuff in the back of my mind I was like I’m going to so pissed spending all this money and time if we end up having something that requires a scheduled c-section. I hope baby flips for you. I heard they can do a manual manipulation somehow in the office though I think it can be pretty uncomfortable. Hopefully it won’t come to that. Regarding the dog. I’m just such a damn softie. She’s not bad she’s just a little broken because people were legit cruel to her I’ve never seen a dog react with such fear to a raised voice. Breaks my heart and gives me patience with her and she was doing so well but this last 6months have been so much change for her I can understand, I think once the baby comes and she realizes she is staying and still part of the family she will be ok. I think it would all be better if we would have gotten a second dog after our other dog died but I just wasn’t ready and it was just to much to handle with a baby on the way. Maybe next spring.
    Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• Options
    @Irisheyes81 hope things are progressing well! So excited for you! 

• How far along? EDD? 31+5, 10/3
    • How is everyone feeling this week? We’re doing a roadtrip/mini baby moon this week, which has so far been great! Having to downgrade my usual hiking level, though, otherwise I seem to get more BH and that’s a little freaky... 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Not until next week
    • GTKY:  Who has pets?  How do you think they will respond to the new addition(s) We have 2 cats. One will make herself scarce. The other will either try to snuggle the LO or get super jealous and want to be picked up. Not sure which. 
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Ugh, feel better soon.  I headache is even worse when you can't take anything.  :(

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options

@dragonfly6191 I’m sorry you’re feeling crummy.  I can only imagine the discomfort not to mention added stress with twins.  I hope your ultrasound goes well today and you get more positive news this week for baby b. 

@halfanewt where are you going for your babymoon?  I could not imagine hiking right now.  Walking up and downstairs for laundry passes as exercise now-a-days for me. 

@businesswife Yay for your DH sounds like he’s picking up the pace.  I’m sorry you have a headache so annoying especially when you can’t take much.  Personally Tylenol does nothing for me so I don’t even bother.  Not to be paranoid but if you headache gets bad, or wont go away, and that’s atypical for you I would suggest doing a blood pressure check just for peace of mind, since headaches can be a sign of pre-eclampsia.  Hope you feel better soon.

Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Options
    • How far along? EDD? 32 weeks and a few days. 
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Feeling pretty good- lots of Braxton Hicks and a bit of back pain but a Chiropractic appt helped get rid of my foot pain! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Not until August 17th- my birthday :). I had an ultrasound last Friday for a growth check and everything looked great she was measuring 33% so she is growing well. 
    • GTKY:  Who has pets?  How do you think they will respond to the new addition(s) We have an American shorthair cat, Bentley. He has been great with our son- mostly just ignores him but he puts up with petting and snuggles. Hopefully he will continue being great with #2 as well! 

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Options
    Good luck today @irisheyes81

• Options
    @2MomsHoping we’re doing a roadtrip around the Olympic peninsula. Haven’t been out here before, and so far it’s super pretty! The steep hikes have been veeeery slow, for sure! 
  • Options
    My 38 week appt went well yesterday.  Baby passed this weeks BPP with flying colors and in record time and my OB did do a cervical check - it didn't hurt just a lot of pressure.  Cervix is closed and about 50% effaced.  Next week they will do measurements and then we will start making some decisions.  I just have a feeling this boy will not be in a hurry to leave the comfort of his current state.  I will be pregnant forever.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 I had that same feeling about being pregnant forever. Haha. I ended up delivering at 42 weeks, the latest OB would let me go.
  • Options
    @persnickity

I can't imagine they will allow me to go to 42 weeks but the thought makes me cry.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 the longest they will let me go is to 41 weeks. I’m really not sure why some practices do 41 vs 42. Most will let you do an elective induction if you are mierable after you hit the 40 week mark. 

I will also be pregnant forever 39+3 today after a ton of little signs in week 37 NOTHING. I almost swear the baby has moved back up. Is that possible?  I have an appointment tomorrow I’ll see what they say but usually they say nothing and I’m out of there in 5 minutes and my head spins and I forget to ask any questions. Last night I started googling about dates, primrose oil and induction smoothies. I’m sure none of it works but I’m getting desperate. I rather not be medically induced. The only thing that seemed to actually be evidenced based was sex (though not really sex but specifically sperm enzymes which is hard to come by in my house) and nipple stimulation. I have never ever ever felt less like doing anything remotely intimate. Maybe I’ll try the dates. I really don’t want to make it to my 40+1 appointment. It’s with the doctor I hate...though I am comforted she is in the office and not on the delivery floor :)

@irisheyes81 still thinking of you. Hope you are resting with your new little girl, and all is well. 

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Options
    persnickitypersnickity member
    edited August 2018
    @2MomsHoping you can always use your breast pump for nipple stimulation. I was worried about"running out" of colostrum, but apparently that can't happen. You need the hormone trigger from birth to start the change over to your milk. Still, save any you get.

For help starting labor, acupuncture and pressure points would kick start my contractions. So would holding onto the kitchen sink and lowering into a squat while pulling/leaning back from the sink.
  • Options
    hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited August 2018
    Hi everyone,
    Thinking of @Irisheyes81 also, hope it went well and she's enjoying the baby! 

Hang in there @2MomsHoping and @laurad75!  You definitely can't be pregnant forever haha. They will make you have that baby one way or another that we know..... Although I completely understand how you feel about wanting it to come naturally. I hope some of the tricks work....man I'm only 36  weeks and I can imagine at 38 I'll be even more ready and how you must feel.  Home stretch you can do it! 
    • How far along? EDD?  Induction scheduled for Aug 19th/ 20th!
    • How is everyone feeling this week?  Ummm I'm ok I guess!  Baby is heavy and resting a lot.  Working from home to finish last project which is good distraction.  Proud of myself for sticking with it and I think all my clients  will pay soon then I can pay off our credit card for baby stuff.  Nice to know the credit card will be paid soon in full! Thankful for that.  The last expense we'll have is hospital stuff. I've been pretty optimistic and happy.  It's easier to get a long with my husband also this week and last.  I think knowing I'll have this baby soon is really cheering me up. Light and the end of the tunnel.  Not walking much and continuing to gain weight quickly. Trying to limit salty snacks more as I think they might be contributing 1-3 lbs of it. I'm at about 20-23 lbs now. I'm frustrated because I feel like it's rapid now and could gain another 5 in 2 weeks, but hey what are you gonna do. I'm pretty sure it's mostly baby.  
    • Any upcoming appointments? Had last perinatal appointment yesterday. They said goodbye and said it's my graduation day! It was exciting and even my husband was excited and in a good mood after.  Next Tuesday is cerclage removal. The perinatal doctor confirmed again that she thinks the spinal anethesia is best and said that's what she would do for herself for sure. So I don't feel guilty or weak anymore. I'm nervous and just don't want to have to do it with the hospital and all, but it should be ok. It's all scheduled nicer than last time and in labor and delivery so I'm hoping a more comfortable space. Then the following Sunday I am emitted to hospital for induction.  So my OB is out of town the Weds Thurs and Friday of my week 38. So I didn't want to be induced then have him leave.  So we moved it up a few days and perinatal thinks he should be fine. I think the biggest concern is lung development with GD, but I have controlled my blood sugar well so they think he should have as good as chance and any baby.  She said I definitely shouldn't wait until my OB gets back because I could go into labor while he's gone.  I am so thankful for her, I was so annoyed having a second doctor at the beginning of my pregnancy, but she is awesome. I want to send them a thank you card after and picture.
    • GTKY:  Who has pets?  How do you think they will respond to the new addition(s) .We have our sweet blue heeler who we think is around 11-12.  She's completely blind and been having health problems.  Just like @lablover78 all she cares about is food although she also likes to be by us and be pet. We don't think she'll do much more than sniff and lick the baby and then we just need to make sure we give her enough pets and attention. 
    • In other news: my husband went to lunch with his parents for first time since the fallout.  It was his dad's birthday.  We prepared pretty heavily for him to set boundaries prior. But it went ok and I feel good he got to go and think he enjoyed it.  I cried a bit because it sucks it isn't just easier to be around them and I couldn't go.  I was so happy not being stressed though after by anything weird they said or did. He said my MIL asked again to see the baby in the hospital nursery and just look in without bothering us. I was annoyed that she won't back off, but he answered her questions and told her that it doesn't work that way. I know she is just excited to see him which I am trying to just be thankful for. At least the baby has grandparents that care and could be worse.  He explained the baby will be in our room after and we are going to see how I feel and if we want hospital visitors.  She then backed off. We haven't told them any induction dates so they won't know anything until we tell them. The plan is just my mom and husband there. Husband in room, mom in waiting room.  Might have my mom's bf visit her in waiting room if takes long time for her company.  Then all announcements or visiting decisions after when I see how I feel about it. Going to take my damn time and just do whatever I want!! I talked to my mom and she 100% supported the plan so that's nice.  If I don't feel like seeing my in-laws my plan B is to wait until baby is home and then take a nap upstairs while they visit him with my husband. My SIL will probably have her baby soon in August also and if I don't feel like seeing them either then I'll just do the same thing. I'm going to 100% go on how I feel at the time.  I thought about inviting them over to see each others babies without my MIL and FIL there to add stress. So might do that if I feel up for it.  Or plan b is my husband can go see them or whatever he wants alone and then they can come over and see our kid and I'll nap.  I find great comfort knowing I don't HAVE to see these people. My husband can do things with them and I don't have to.  Hopefully some sort of paired down holidays will occur that I can participate in by the time we get there....but I'm not worrying about it. I think this time apart from them has been very healing and if I need longer post pardom, that's just what I need.  
    • Also my brother and SIL got us a deep cleaning service for our house which we had done Monday. It feels great and satSatur we are having the carpets cleaned also. Feel thankful we can afford these extra luxuries and relax a bit. 
    • Finally been thinking about having a second kid and although we don't have all the info yet and haven't made a final decision, we are now both leaning towards that.  Even my husband is on board so that's nice.  So I'm thinking about timing for that.  As a planner it gives me peace to have a plan. So thinking we'd do clomid again next fall. So that would be about 14-16 months from this baby's a birthday.  Then we'd have the 9 months for the baby so we'd be looking at 23-25 months apart for the kids which isn't too bad. That would make me 39 when I have the second and my goal is under 40 so I'll just make it if all goes to plan. 
    • As always feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive!  My husband and I did a maternity shoot weekend before last. Here is a pic....
  • Options
    They'll only let me go 41 weeks also. Which right now feels far. But I do get the induction can suck and not work quite the way it's supposed to.

Went to my NST. I think it's good news that baby is now transverse instead of breech.  But still, was really hoping he'd be down by today. I basically have until next week before they schedule a C-section. But I guess once it's scheduled doesn't mean it will definitely happen, so I should try to remember that. So I am all in on the spinning babies plan of 5-7 inversions a day, 2 times of being upside down on an ironing board, once of the side lying release, walking 3 mi a day and maybe even hot and cold packs!  It is annoying to figure out how to get this all in and go back to work for the next three weeks, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

@hottietoddy looking good.  Sorry to hear that the MIL/SIL drama continues but it sounds like maybe you are finding ways to cope and some plans for after the baby is here.  My family is all far away, so I have less of that, but we've got both sets of parents coming for about a week each, and of course they keep asking, when will the baby be here. I'm like, I don't know. I know it's hard to plan, but what do you want me to do?  And then there's the issue that we have a small apartment and are getting rid of our nasty pull out couch, and so my in-laws can no longer stay with us as they have in the past. So they need to get a hotel room, which thankfully DH is finally standing up to them and explaining that. But the Bay Area is actually really expensive and for like flea bag hotels it's like 150 a night.  So it's just kind of an extra challenge.  Then I'm having other family debacles with my parents wanting to go on this cruise that is specifically for Alzheimers patients and caregivers which I think will be good for my mom. They already paid for it, but it starts on Sept. 15. But we're trying to have a bris, which has to be 8 days after birth, and I think it will be sad if my parents miss it. I mean, it's fine, just a little sad. And then there's an issue around thanksgiving with my dad going to Antarctica right after and my mom needing each of the kids to come take care of her, and I really want to be able to help, but I've got DH freaked about traveling the baby plus figuring out how to support her and take care of a baby. Anyway, ahhh, family stress. So all that to say, I feel you.  

@2MomsHoping and @laurad75 I'm sure you're doing everything in your power to make that baby come.  Hang in there.

@Irisheyes81 been anxiously checking for an update from you. I hope everything went well and that you are just recovering and spending wonderful time with your baby.
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38

• Options
    @persnickity the breast pump is a great idea!  I’m going to try it out this weekend. Also I’ve been meaning to try and figure out how it works so it will be less stressful to try and do that before baby arrives. 

@hottietoddy your looking wonderful that dress is beautiful and you look so peaceful. Makes me kinda almost want to do some bump pictures. I’m so weird about having pictures of myself though. I just realized if I did make it to induction day we might have matching bdays for our babes. I will be 41wks on the 19th. Also I think a deep clean might be my new baby shower gift that I give to everyone! We had someone come and do one on the house too and I’ve booked a cleaning service to come every other week. I think this will really save me a lot of sanity. 

@gfgrump I’m no expert but going from breech to transverse sounds like progress to me. I’m mad impressed that you are able to stick to that program that’s so much hard work. I really really really hope that baby will make the flip for you. 

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Options
    Thanks for the support, ladies. ❤❤❤

Luckily I was feeling marginally better today than yesterday, (though still limping all morning from hip pain, which somehow eased up later in the day), and got things set up to start seeing the chiropractor a couple times a week.

Today's adjustment was great!  But she reiterated that my pelvis is all kinds of twisted.  She did some kind of snappy adjustment thing with her tool on my pubic bone, which gives me hope, too, maybe that is something they can do to help settle into a better place.  Cos the stabbing all day long in the front of my hoo-ha, I am pretty much over! Lol

@hottietoddy  you look amazing! ❤ Great photos!
  • Options

Very important FTM question.  Do the baby clothes that just say “3 months” go into the 0-3month drawer or the 3-6month drawer?  I kinda tried to compare the sizes and it just seems a bit all over the place as it is.  Apparently the people who design women’s jean sizing also size baby clothes.  I don’t know why I bother I’m sure two weeks when reality sets in I’ll just be digging through a laundry basket of clean (but wrinkled clothes). 

At my doctor’s appointment yesterday I found out I was totally closed, I thought they were going to check me again on my Monday appointment but I was shocked to get a call today that they already scheduled my induction for 8/19 at 8:30am.  For some reason having it on the books bothers me more than it should.  I still go back again on Monday I’m just hoping I can talk them into giving me a little more time if everything is looking ok for baby and I, but I guess for the most part I just have to roll with it.    

@BusinessWife that pain sounds hella-awful.  Did you have issues with carpel tunnel too?  Must be the relaxin hormone and baby bump combo messing with you.  I hope the chiropractor continues to work some magic on you and things continue to improve. 

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Options
    @2MomsHoping well 8/19 is still 9 days away. So there's a good chance you could go into labor before then.
    I had the same question about baby clothes. I didn't realize there was newborn size and 0-3. And some of the 3-6 look smaller than 0-3. I just started putting them all in (we only have one drawer for onesies anyway) and figured I'd just try to find what fits at the right time. Also, how the heck do fold those things? I'm big on Kondo-folding (you guys know Marie Kondo? Life changing magic of tidying up?) but that seriously does not work with onesies.

@BusinessWife sorry about the pain. Your pelvis is twisted? That doesn't sound good. Do you do prenatal yoga? Also, I've heard we need to stop crossing our legs or reclining on the couch. Gotta sit up on the ends of chairs or the ball. Not super comfy, but supposed to help the pelvis get the space it needs.

AFM, had another stressful night. This time tons of BH contractions.  I've been having them for the past 24 hours, like every 10-15 min. I know I'm not supposed to worry about BH, but it seemed kind of excessive. So I called L&D. The nurse was great, had me monitor for another hour but said this just might be my pattern that I get a lot.  If there was no blood, losing fluid, pain, it's unlikely to be labor. So I don't think I'm in labor, but I'm all freaked out bc the baby is transverse bc if you do go into labor it could be really bad. So I'm in this weird place between like, no, everything is totally fine, nothing seems to be developing, to, should I just go checked out and make sure I'm not dilating?  I mean, last week when I was in and having tons of contractions they checked me and nothing was happening, and about 24 hours has gone by without much change, so my instinct is everything is fine. What do you guys think?
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38

• Options
    @2MomsHoping baby clothing sizes are terrible! First thing i found out it's that everyone uses different lengths and widths and calls it the same thing. So Carter's fits differently than burts bees or even Carter's from a different store. Instead of going by size on the clothes, pick one onesie out and use that as a guide. If another onesie is longer, put it in a new pile. You can start with the sizes for a general idea of you want. You'll see that some 3 month is the same as 3-6 month and others it's the same as the 0-3 month stuff.
  • Options
    Lurking ****

like @persnickity said different brands run differently. I’ve found that Gerbers tend to run small while target brand (clouds something?) runs a little big and carter’s somewhere in the middle. And there are different brands within carter’s. Sometimes it’s a guessing game but “typically” newborn goes up to 10lbs, and 0-3 starts at 10lbs. 
  • Options
    @gfgrump yes everything is prob fine and not an issue BUT if you have any concern then go get checked- honestly non of us need to try to be heroes here. We’ve come so far to get here, if it will give you peace of mind then go in. If there is something happening you would be relieved it was caught xoxo
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Options
    2MomsHoping2MomsHoping member
    edited August 2018
    @gfgrump I think your probably fine with the contractions but I agree there is no shame in going in to be sure. If your worried and it will settle your mind that’s the best thing you can do for yourself.  Also your right lots can happen in 9 days. I should try and hold back my panic for at least a little while longer. :)

@persnickity and @mtbadgerPicking one to be the “standard” size and then going up and down from that is brilliant. I think my third drawer reorganization attempt tomorrow morning is really going to do stick this time. 

@gfgrump omg the folding of the onesies has been driving me batty. I ended up going with rolling them. I was trying to kinda fold the sides in so they were all the same height but they were so varried it didn’t work out so well and I was too lazy to make a template for the width to roll them.  I don’t know it pretty much looks like a hot mess but at least with the rolling I can still see everything  

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Options
    @2MomsHoping
    I have a cleaning service that comes every other week and it is worth EVERY PENNY. I love having a clean house without the stress! I've probably had one for about 5 years now and  couldn't imagine life without it. We also have 2 dogs and 1 cat so vacuuming is a pain in our house. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    • How far along? EDD? 31+6, 10/6
    • How is everyone feeling this week? I feel good physically. My feet and ankles are super swollen after sitting in professional development all week, but I'm currently testing my third brand of compression socks, and I think they're working. I'm a kindergarten teacher, and school starts next week. I'm super stressed because there was an administrative mixup, and I have 30 students. I have an aide for 35 mins per day. This is in a school district with students who have very high needs. Last year I had 19 kids and it was extremely difficult. Yeah... so I'm looking forward to maternity leave. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? I had one this morning. The baby is breech, but it sounds like there is still plenty of time for it to move around. I thought I could feel a head in my ribs!
    • GTKY:  Who has pets?  How do you think they will respond to the new addition(s)? My cat will be lovely. My dog (hound of some kind) is 13, going blind and deaf, and extremely touchy. He's going to have to be separate from the baby. 
    Thinking good thoughts about everyone who is due soon!
    *TW*
    Me: 36 DH: 34 Dx: MFI, TTC since 2014
    3 IVF retrievals.
    PGS and PGD results from 9 embryos: 1 genetically normal embryo.
    April 2017 transfer. BFP! M/C 11 weeks.
    Donor embryo program: January 2018 transfer. BFP, EDD 10/6/18

• Options
    Omg what a big classroom! @klyn7 glad it wont be too long before mat leave... what's this brand of socks you're trying now?

As for clothes, I plan to start by washing anything nb, 0-3, and anything I pull from the 6m bin that looks smaller than the rest.  Plus swaddles, sheets, changing pad covers, diapers and wetbags.  The rest of the 6m+ clothes will wait tho. ;)
  • Options

@gfgrump How are you feeling today?  If its causing you stress I don’t think it’s a bad idea to call and ask to be examined.

@persnickity I love this idea.  You’ve motivated me to go re-organize the baby dresser.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited August 2018
    @2MomsHoping - August 19th ....holla! Lol How funny we are same day. I will be put on cervidil overnight 8/19 so won't be induced until 8/20.  My doctor also said sometimes he has to do the cervidil twice or even pitocin twice.  Probably won't happen but I did take comfort that he said he has never just had an induction 'not work' . PS he leaves time for rest between if for some reason have to repeat drugs. Of course c section could still happen if heart rate drops or he gets stuck or other random complications.  He is a good size and probably around 8 lbs so I'm just thankful I have a good shot at a healthy vaginal birth. 

@2MomsHoping I can imagine it is strange that they scheduled your induction like that...would have been nice if they discussed more with you. Try not to panic and you are just going to have to go with the flow....guess we all do.  They just want to make sure everything is ok so that's why they cut it short. May not be the magical natural process we all hoped for, but we still get a baby out of it.  :). This is of course what I try and tell myself and easier said than done. 

So...not to contribute to anyone's anxiety, but I'm coming to the realization this weekend that I'm only going to be pregnant 1 more week. So that's weird and jarring....why am I partially sad, not going to miss it but it has been a pretty cool journey I guess growing a person.  I'll be so glad when he's finally here though and I have what I want.  I think it's just the next transition and big change.  After 3 years of a special type of hormonal torture I'll finally have what I wanted.  I think it's just that weird feeling that it's part us over, kind of like when you plan a wedding so long then it passes and you're like now what? I an STILL trying to finish my work project and might work this weekend on it. I'd like to have one less thing on my mind, but then again I think it's been good for me to have the distraction. 

I'm still obsessing about my in-laws daily.  I think this has been some major trauma and my brain just cannot let it go. Maybe because I'll have to see them in a week or so once baby is here. I am looking forward to feeling better this next year and enjoying the baby.  I bet it takes 6 months for my cycle to sort out and finish breast feeding. But just to be able to exercise and stretch again and no insulin!  I have so many reasons to be Happy next phase is here!  Trying to focus on the positive.

@gfgrump I agree with the others, no need to not get checked, but I understand  exactly how you feel. I'm getting BH sometimes 5-10 mins apart for an hour, but it doesn't change my cervix so I'm like too exhausted to make a big deal out of it. I feel like part of it is intuition also which is sometimes hard to judge. I have has to do twice a week nst testing and it is a beating but I do think getting checked out is best if you can stand it.  Also less stress is good, so if you can get piece of mind can help too. 

I'm totally with everyone on the onesies, I sort of just started comparing sizes also.  So mine are just laid flat in the drawer in a stack. I folded the long sleeves in and the pants in half but other than that all clothes are just stacked mostly. 

Lastly, I've been feeling so sick at night when lying down. It's like a mixture of nausea and heat and swirling, just a wave of uncomfortable blegh.... Our electricity went off last night for a couple hours from a storm and I had to put an ice pack on my neck to sleep.  I think I'm just burning up with hormones! Tonight I turned the fan up higher and right on my face, but might do the ice pack again tonight. I just hate the feeling.... I try and sit up and stretch and check my blood sugar which is usually fine, so it's not that.  Can you imagine how cold someone would be normally with an ice pack on their neck!? 
  • Options
    I can confirm the baby clothes sizing is all over the place. Newborn sizes are generally good for preemies and 0-1 mo ish. 0-3 is usually a little bigger and it took a month or so before my 6 lb at birth girl could fit those. 3-6 is where it gets wildly confusing. These may be labeled as 3 mo or 3-6 depending on brand. Yet some of these brands run very small and others bigger. I’ve found Gerber and carter to be on the smaller side for this group, cat n jack from target and the childrens place to be a bit on the bigger size. I prefer the fit on the last two brands for 3-6 monthers since there’s a bit more room to grow. Now at 4.5 month and about 15-16 lb she fits perfectly in cat and jack 3-6 month sizes and some 6-9 month pieces from them (loosely). She’s a long baby though so that helps. Just try to get test sizes before you keep. Amazon now lets you try on clothes w prime and send back what doesn’t fit. I have some 6 month pieces from carters that look toddler sized!! It’s crazy
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    @klyn7 that is a big class even without kids that need extra support. I don’t blame you for being concerned. Have you talked to your administration. As you get less comfortable and closer to your due date that seems like too much of demand on you mentally and physically. 

@hottietoddy yeah even after sleeping on it im still pretty lit that I was scheduled without even talking through what to expect and now I need unwind it with the arrogant I know all doctor I really hate. I’m going to have to put on my big girl panties and do the diplomatic stroke the ego approach. Ugh. I also am in disbelief that this is my last kid free weekend for awhile. I feel like we should go to a fancy dinner or something but I really just want to sit on the couch with my feet up. 

In other news DW threw her back out bad. Not great timing. We hit up a chiropractor friend to see her today which has her “mobile” but she is pretty worthless. I feel like a giant ahole because my first thought is that this timing seriously sucks and if I’m in labor and caring my own bags to the car I won’t be happy. No signs of labor impending today though so hopefully some rest will get her functional again. 

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18