December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments • w/o 8.5

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments • w/o 8.5

• Options
    @echo-charlietango nope, just thinks I'm over indulging I guess. I was told to decrease my portion size and focus on protein. I will do the GD screen in about 4 weeks.

• Options
    @hens_hoes I’m sorry you were upset after your appointment. Weight is such a sensitive topic. As long as you and baby are healthy, the number on the scale shouldn’t matter!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hkom I haven't had any bills yet, either. We have pretty good insurance, so I'm not too worried about the final cost, but it's definitely strange.

@Jens_Hoes Sorry they made you feel poorly about your weight gain. I agree with PP; your body is doing something amazing, and I hope you don't beat yourself up too hard about it. Hugs.

@PensiveCrayon Glad your A/S went well
  • Options
    Both my babies were 7lb and I gained appropriate weight, but it’s still stressful. I didn’t gain (only lost) in first tri, but 2nd tri I am. I do need to be cognizant of my weight and I try to be, but I also feel like if I’m keeping active and staying strong, that things will be okay later :) that’s what I’m telling myself. 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @katy0990 thanks!

@katy0990 and @hkom, I haven't gotten a bill or estimate from my regular OB, just MFM. I actually asked about it at my OB appt on Wed. They said they don't do estimates since anything and everything can happen during L&D and the bill can vary drastically based on that.  So basically, no clue what we're looking at.  Only way I will get a bill ahead of time is if I switch OBs or switch insurances (which hopefully will happen if/when SO and I tie knot, preferably sooner than later).

@Jens_Hoes how was your BP?  Sometimes dr can be concerned about rapid weight gain due to possibility of preeclampsia. If that's not a concern, just keep eating healthy, get in some more walking if possible, and don't stress about it.  Your body is doing what it needs to. As long as baby is doing well and you're staying healthy, the numbers shouldn't matter that much. 
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited August 2018
    @scaredunprepared I do not understand their reasoning because their bill is different from the hospital bill (at least for my OB). My bill from my OB will be the same regardless of what happens at delivery, but the hospital bill will vary significantly. Last time, I planned a vaginal birth, but ended up with an induction, c-section, and 5 night hospital stay. The bill from my OB was the same as what I had been quoted at 12 weeks, but the hospital bill was higher than the estimate I had been given when I called and asked about it ahead of time. My OB actually requires you to pay in full or develop a payment plan prior to 36 weeks, so they have to know in advance. Actually, come to think of it, they had to send an estimate to your insurance to receive preauthorization for all of your prenatal care. That’s so odd that they won’t just tell you.
    ETA: We did receive an additional bill from my OB after birth for my son’s circumcision, which wasn’t included in the original estimate, since that was billed for him and not me.
  • Options
    @katy0990 all I know is they won't give me anything until after delivery. I am dreading all these bills, as if having a newborn won't be stessfulI enough!  I think a big part of all is my crap insurance, though. I'd probably be much happier and carefree if my insurance would pay what I thought they would pay. 
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared Hopefully you will meet your out of pocket and it won’t matter. I would be so frustrated!
  • Options
    @katy0990 I've met my deductible already (1 hospital visit at 6 weeks) but I don't think I have an out of pocket max....
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared Ouch! I’m sorry. At least the deductible is met...