April 2019 Moms
Options

hcg levels and twins

Curious for all mamas with twin experience/knowledge. What were your hcg levels or inkling that you were having twins?

Re: hcg levels and twins

• Options
    I’m not sure if I’m having twins or not but I got my levels today at 5 weeks 3 days and they are 16,956 they went up from 9,887  within 48hrs. I’m not sure if what they went up to is good number or not since I’m new to having my Hcg levels checked during pregnancy. @kris203 Do you suspect your having twins? Or know you are already? 
  • Options
    @csealyn thats a nice rise! I suspect I might have two sticky beans in there. My hcg on 16dpiui was 1000 (so just a little over 4 weeks) but I do not know for sure. I just have this gut feeling. I had 3 big follicles last month when we had our IUI so....maybe. Are you having any nausea/morning sickness yet?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kris203 I get sick to my stomach at times but with my other two pregnancies I never got the”throwing up” at all just nauseous when I didn’t eat a lot. I’ve had 3 pregnancies losses one at 18 weeks so this is my first time doing my  HCG levels and I must says it’s very stressful! I will say my sister had twins she said her number was very high around 4 weeks 
  • Options
    @csealyn It is very stressful, I started using some diffusers and audio books to "de-stress" I wish you lots of luck I know how hard it is to not think about your loss. I struggle with this often. I hope we both have sticky beans and Ill say some prayers for you.
  • Options
    Thanks so much @kris203 you will be in my prayers as well! 
  • Options
    I have a gut feeling, too, about having twins, but the earliest I will know is 8/30 at my 1st appointment. I had a strong positive at 3 weeks + 4 days on a cheapie HPT. And then there's the nausea... When I told my mom about my suspicions, she told me fraternal twins run in our family on BOTH sides. I'm only 5'2"  :#

@kris203 and @csealyn I'm so hopeful for both of you and your sticky, sticky beans! Do you know when you'll have your first US to find out if you're having twins?
  • Options
    Just curious, did you ladies all use IVF to conceive or do you have a history of twins?  I jokingly told DH (who has said he's getting snipped after this one) that with our luck we'll end up with twins :lol:.  I have a friend who talked her husband into one more and she ended up having triplets!

I also never realized there was a correlation between HCG levels and twins.  The higher the level the greater likelihood there are two eggs?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt oh my goodness! That's a real shocker for your friends! Just a family history of twins on my end. HCG is released into the bloodstream by the developing placenta(s). More than one implanted embryo with an attached placenta = more HCG, so the theory goes. HCG levels can also be high with just one implanted embryo or low with two, so it's always just a guess until you get an ultrasound.
  • Options
    Hi! Dirty lurker here. I have almost 5yr old girls. I found out super early and had ALL the symptoms including HG. I don't know what my actual HCG was but my Dr said it was definitely pretty high (they did share a placenta). I would say it could go either way, my friend had fraternal twins recently and her symptoms we're relatively mild 
  • Options
    @loveanddatadriven I call today to set my first one up, they will probably do it next week. Looks like your intuition may be right. Last night I was hovering over my toilet to 3am. Im 5'2" too (so this should be interesting lol)
  • Options
    @kangstadt I had IUI with 3 mature eggs release, but I wont know anything till my US. 
  • Options
    @kangstadt I have a long history of twins in my family and I didn’t do IVF the month of July I was due to start taking fertility meds and before I could start I missed my cycle and found out I was pregnant
  • Options
    @csealyn thats amazing! congratulations. 
  • Options
    @loveanddatadriven thanks so much I’ll be praying that all of us have healthy sticky beans. Also my first appt is set for 8/10 for 6 weeks 2 day because I’m considering high risk. I’m think I may only have one baby bean because I’m not having a lot of nausea but my sister had fraternal twin boys and she said her nausea wasn’t any different then with her Singleton pregnancies! 
  • Options
    @csealyn That's crazy timing!  Congrats.  I hope all looks good at your appointment!
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • Options
    @loveanddatadriven I just scheduled my first US today on 8/21. Feels like an eternity. Ill need to keep myself very busy. When is your US?

• Options
    Thank you @socks2819 and @kris203
    I was very shocked! Congratulations to all of you as well!!
  • Options
    @csealyn Awesome timing on getting pregnant! 8/10 is so soon...just around the corner really! fingers crossed :)
    @kris203 I hear you on the first appointment feeling like eternity. Mine is 8/30 (I'll be 9 weeks + 3 days). I hope they do a US, but I don't know for sure if they will.
  • Options
    Thanks @loveanddatadriven
    @kris203 I found out today I am carrying only one! Also wanted to update you ladies and let you know how it went everything went perfect we seen babies and heart beat the subchorionic hemorrhage I had is gone so very thankful it went so well!! 
  • Options
    @csealyn oh that just makes my heart melt!!!  <3
  • Options
    Awesome news! @csealyn
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • Options
    @csealyn congratulations mama!!