October 2018 Moms
Options

Saturday Ticker Change 8/4

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 

2. How are you feeling? 

3. Any appointments this week? 

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What is one regret you have from when you were younger- assuming you still get to the same point in life if you're happy, what would you go back and change/do differently?

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 8/4

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 28 week, eggplant

2. How are you feeling? Happy to be in the third tri despite being tired and sore.

3. Any appointments this week? Ultrasound and ob on Wed to check cervical length.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nope

5. GTKY: What is one regret you have from when you were younger- assuming you still get to the same point in life if you're happy, what would you go back and change/do differently? There are a few questionable relationships I’ve had that I would have avoided, ones that I really didn’t learn anything from... more just sucked.
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 31 weeks, baby boy is the size of romaine lettuce.

2. How are you feeling? Exhausted.

3. Any appointments this week? OB, 1hr glucose, TDaP, and ultrasound on Tuesday. We are checking growth because he measured 4 weeks ahead at last appointment.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nope

5. GTKY: What is one regret you have from when you were younger- assuming you still get to the same point in life if you're happy, what would you go back and change/do differently? 
    I would try not to care so much about what other people think about me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 29 weeks - size of a Barbie convertible

2. How are you feeling? 
    Not as sore. I sat at a desk all week rather than on the teller line (no climbing up and down to get on and off the chair), so I think that helped a lot.

3. Any appointments this week? 
    At my 1 hour glucose right now. OB appointment tomorrow *fingers crossed* I pass this.

4. Rants/raves/questions? 
    The time is flying by and I have all the mom guilt about not spending more time with DD. Between work and not being able to get down to play as often, I feel like I’m missing out on our last weeks with her as an only child.

I wish I would have chosen a more lucrative career path, or at least have gotten started sooner. Going into the arts is awesome because I love it, but I wish it paid more.
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 30 weeks. Size of a zucchini

2. How are you feeling? Kind of horrible? Reflux keeps waking me up, and waking up because you're essentially puking isn't really that fun. Sciatica is stupid and my hip flexors are a mess. 

3. Any appointments this week? Nope! 

4. Rants/raves/questions? I'm just tired of organizing baby clothes, tired of my effing husband who now decides to freak out becausey toddlers room isn't done (this is why I have been nagging asshole!!!). I'm just tired. 

5. GTKY: What is one regret you have from when you were younger- assuming you still get to the same point in life if you're happy, what would you go back and change/do differently? I honestly don't even feel like thinking about it. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 28w, size of Echidna

2. How are you feeling? Exhausted. I'm waking up a lot and not sleeping well. The joint pain has actually eased up a bit, but not sure it'll last. My hands have also started tingling a bit. Last time I actually lost feeling in a couple fingers - the swelling pushes on the nerves. So I think I'm beginning to swell a little. 
    But I'm enjoying this one move around a bit more. It's not very consistent in activity so it's still really cool to feel it, and reassuring.

3. Any appointments this week? No. I thought I did, but I messed up the dates. Glad I figured it out before I went. Next week, and have to redo the GD test then (did one first tri due to family history, but I passed fine.)

4. Rants/raves/questions? Not at the moment.

5. GTKY: What is one regret you have from when you were younger- assuming you still get to the same point in life if you're happy, what would you go back and change/do differently? The main things I would change, would change where and who I was. So I wouldn't do it. 
    Or maybe I'd care a bit more about some things in high school so it wasn't so hard in college. But I think that would have changed what I needed to do, how I needed to organize my time, and my perseverence, etc. So yeah, I'll keep what I've done.

There are moments that I would like to relive though - just to be there in that moment one more time. 

@hellopartyof5 I'm sorry your H is frustrating you. I'm rather angry in general at the moment. Work especially is vexing me, and I think sometimes it's one of those "straw that broke the camel's back" situations. Just so much going on and the extreme tiredness does NOT help patience. Solidarity lady! Hopefully your H gets on board. (Plus men are weird, so no advice here.)
  • Options
    Thanks for the solidarity @Mylitta. I do think it's a straw that broke the camels back situation. It just sucks having your hormones out of control and feeling like crap. I feel like there's no winning. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    Yes, yes it does @hellopartyof5. Worn down and pushed to the brink - but still expected to function 'normally.' Can your H take the kids for a couple hours and you take a nap? I love naps - but DS is cutting a tooth and refusing to nap. So there goes mine. We will survive. 
  • Options
    I wish @Mylitta. He's still having his nervous breakdown about all the things we still have to do. Thankfully it's almost bedtime for the kids. Then he can paint DDs new room and leave me the eff alone lol
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  31 weeks, size of asparagus or some green bundle of produce. 

2. How are you feeling? S incredibly overwhelmed...I am late to the party this week for all kinds of reasons. Baby is doing great but mama is feeling like an emotional rollercoaster. 

3. Any appointments this week? Yes, check-up tomorrow. I find out if I failed my 3hr glucose test. I failed the 1 hr by a small margin, so hopefully, I get good news.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Swelling is insane, can't wear shoes only sandals. My DH is trying really not to aggravate me but somehow still does every day with something silly...or with more drama from his family. Trying to find my happiness in these last few weeks. 

5. GTKY: What is one regret you have from when you were younger- assuming you still get to the same point in life if you're happy, what would you go back and change/do differently? Ironically, just worrying about how things will work out, not being sure about where I'd end up- married, single, kids, no kids. I missed a lot of good moments because I was so hard on myself. It all worked out...so I guess I need to reevaluate my current attitude in the present.