3rd Trimester
Options

Signs of Labor - HELP!

I will be 36 weeks on Wednesday. Yesterday, I was dilated to a 1. I know that’s normal, but I’ve also been having a lot of lower back pressure. No Braxton Hicks in the front with this one, even though I had a lot of BH with my first. Baby has dropped in the last 24 hours. I can feel it in my stomach and you can definitely see it. I’m also having thunder crotch almost every time I stand up! My question is...has anyone had a similar experience? If so, how long did you make it before baby came?

Re: Signs of Labor - HELP!

• Options
    I will be 36 weeks on Wednesday. Yesterday, I was dilated to a 1. I know that’s normal, but I’ve also been having a lot of lower back pressure. No Braxton Hicks in the front with this one, even though I had a lot of BH with my first. Baby has dropped in the last 24 hours. I can feel it in my stomach and you can definitely see it. I’m also having thunder crotch almost every time I stand up! My question is...has anyone had a similar experience? If so, how long did you make it before baby came?
    What you described: it was about 4 weeks for me before going into labor. I walked around 3-4 cm dilated for 3 weeks or so before going into labor.  
  • Options
    I dropped super early in the 30s, BHs and back pain since second tri, and lightning crotch since the start of 3rd tri. At 36 wks i was 1cm and went into labor at 38+3 but was only 2 cm (planned c section so they just admitted me because of contractions). With my first i had all the same stuff and never went into labor (again planned section at 39 wks). 
    So i guess what I’m trying to say is that it could be early labor but it can go on for a long time before it’s active labor. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had exactly what you described with my last baby, and she came at 41 weeks on the nose. I kept thinking I’d have her around 37 weeks, which is when I started feeling all of the pressure and contractions, but nope!
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to say that I was dilated to a 3 for weeks, and it really gave me false hope. I guess babies just come when they’re ready, and not a minute before.
  • Options
    Thank you, ladies! I feel much better! I was rushing all day to get stuff done just in case! Haha