November 2018 Moms
Options

Mon/Tues Ticker Change 7/30 & 7/31

Monday ladies, I hope you are ok with my combining this. I've been fairly lackluster at posting the Tuesday Ticker change and I didn't see one for Monday yesterday. Can we join forces? Might get a little more dialogue going. 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: Are you on the Pumpkin Spice bandwagon? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Mon/Tues Ticker Change 7/30 & 7/31

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 26 weeks; Head of Kale

2. How are you feeling? I'm still enjoying 2nd trimester bliss. My body has been a little more achy than I like, but I really can't complain. 

3. Any appointments this week? Just my regularly scheduled chiro appts.

4. Rants/raves/questions? I started looking at photographers for newborn and am considering doing a fresh 48 session in the hospital. I would love to capture the moment DD and DS meet this baby and find out if it is a boy or girl. Looking through all the different photographers in the area and seeing their work has gotten me so excited. It's hard for me to believe this is the last time I will do this. And while 14 weeks seems like a long time, it certainly doesn't when I think about it in the context of I will only have a baby in my tummy again for the next 14 weeks of my entire life. That thought has made me a little weepy. 

I love baked goods with pumpkin in them, but I just don't like PSL's. Call me crazy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    23 weeks, grapefruit
    2. How are you feeling?
    A little tired, but better than before because I've been working on upping my iron.
    Nope. Not for another 3 weeks.
    I've heard folks swear by the Snoogle pillow- but which one do people like the best? The C shaped one, or the U shaped one?
    Pregnancy TickerI'll probably have one pumpkin spice latte this season, then call it good. I look forward to one slide of pumpkin pie in the autumn, but I'm not nutty about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    24 Weeks, Cantaloupe 
    2. How are you feeling?
    Sick. Caught another cold. Perks of working with kids!
    Yup, Friday 
    There's not enough space on this thread. 
    Depends on what exactly the pumpkin spice is in 
  • Options
    23 weeks! Ovia says: a barbie doll. 

2. How are you feeling?
    Pretty darn good. Had some really bad back pain last week, but it seems to have mostly cleared up. Very thirsty all the time, which has me nervous for my glucose test (but not nervous enough to stop giving into my sugar cravings). But overall, feeling great!

Might do my glucose test. I have a four week window in which to do it. Unsure when will work best. 

This is more of a random than anything, but.... here's a weird feeling I didn't anticipate as a FTM: persistent belly stares from strangers started this last week and it makes me super uncomfortable. I feel so conspicuous. It might be PGAIF brain-- I spent years resenting pregnant women-- but I feel like so much more of an imposition to ... the world.

I like it, but I'm not, like, anticipating the day Starbucks brings out its fall latte's or anything. The only pumpkin spice thing I've gone totally crazy for was, a few years back, I lived near a shop that sold pumpkin spice milkshakes every fall! Me and my friends would make a date to have them as a treat as soon as we found out that they were on the menu again.
  • Options
    25 weeks, size of a head of cauliflower

2. How are you feeling?
    Feeling ok. I was diagnosed with GD this week so I've been trying to figure out the best things to eat but have been getting really hungry. Other than that I've been feeling pretty good.

Had an appointment with a nurse at OB to go over blood glucose testing. 

I commute by subway everyday and get really annoyed when people push past me to sit down/pretend they don't see me when sitting in a priority seating area. I know that there are other people who have legitimate reasons they may want to sit, but most of the time I feel like people are just being rude. My ride is about an hour each way so it's starting to get really uncomfortable to stand in one place for the whole time. 

I enjoy a good pumpkin spice latte and fall flavors in general, but I don't need everything flavored pumpkin spice. I am going to miss the pumpkin beers this fall though! 
  • Options
    @hollyeva I have the c-shaped snoogle and am fully obsessed. 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 24 weeks; baby is the size of a cantaloupe 

2. How are you feeling? Kind of crummy actually. Tired after even a little activity, always super thirsty, mildly nauseous if I don’t eat often enough but I never feel the hunger.. just the nausea. And I feel a little down on myself for a big weight gain between OB appointments even though OB said absolutely nothing negative about it. (More on this in #4)

3. Any appointments this week? Had my OB appt last Friday, so not another one until the end of August. Although I do have my glucose tolerance test next week.

4. Rants/raves/questions? So, on the topic of weight gain from #2: I have no clue what I did or didn’t do that caused such a gain. I pay attention to what I eat and don’t really have cravings to even give in to. I excercise at least 30 minutes every day even though I’m stupid tired. I drink mostly water all day because I just don’t want anything else. I just don’t get it. I’m also struggling just a little with some body image issues as my belly grows, even though I know my body is doing something incredible by growing a human... so this weight gain is messing with me :/

Definitely not on the pumpkin spice bandwagon at all. I don’t like pumpkin flavored anything. I actually gagged the first time I tried a PSL lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @rosebud1230 This isn't my ticker change group, but I can't help butt in to try to help you feel better about your weight gain. Pregnancy is CRAZY and sometimes, there is literally nothing you can do/did do to gain weight. Your body just does what it needs to take care of the baby. Also keep in mind that in the last couple of weeks, baby has started growing like a weed, getting bigger and bigger every day, and now the weight really starts adding up. 
    I will say, there is a huge mental thing with seeing numbers on the scale that you've never seen before. I don't have body image issues during pregnancy like you're describing, but it's really difficult seeing the number on the scale climbing to where it's never been before. It sounds like you are being as healthy as possible though, so please try not to worry about the number on the scale. It really doesn't mean anything at this point, and you will most likely lose it really quickly after the baby comes. Your weight gain doesn't mean in any way that you're unhealthy or making bad choices or getting fat. It just means that your body is taking care of the growing baby, which is what it's supposed to be doing right now, so try to take comfort knowing your baby is growing and thriving, and your body is helping to support that. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland thank you for butting in :) I know you are absolutely 100% right. It’s a very strange thing to watch all these changes but also a totally awesome thing knowing that I’m fortunate enough to experience it when I personally know many who cannot or really struggle to. It’s a mental thing I need to brush off because, like you said, it just means I have a healthy, thriving, growing baby. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 23 weeks, baby's the size of a grapefruit

2. How are you feeling? Anxious to get the results back from my GCT earlier today but otherwise feeling good :) 

3. Any appointments this week? GCT/OBGYN this morning, anatomy scan round 2 today because she had her feet tucked underneath her bottom last time

4. Rants/raves/questions? None

I've always been a huge fan of pumpkin but not pumpkin spice if that makes sense? I'd prefer the real deal - and not into PSLs.
  • Options
    @rosebud1230 I completely understand where you are coming from. I made the mistake of looking at myself for too long yesterday after I took a shower in our full length mirror. Honestly, I didn't even recognize my thighs. This is baby 3 and it is still hard for me to come to grips with the body changes. I weigh myself once a week to make sure I'm mostly in line, but it is always hard. My body does whatever it wants while pregnant, regardless of my effort to be healthy. Hugs! Know it isn't just you who feels this way. 

@amjschmidt mine haven't necessarily been stares from strangers, but more so from ladies at work. I notice their eyes immediately look to my stomach first instead of my face.  Some of them are extremely gossipy and just not the nicest people, so it makes me extremely self conscious. It's almost like they are just watching and waiting to see how big I will get. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @rosebud1230 also butting in because this isn’t my ticker group, but just wanted to let you know that I completely understand how you’re feeling and that @offtoneverland had the perfect response. I also had a big weight gain last time - 7 pounds - and while my OB isn’t concerned, I couldn’t help but be upset by the number on the scale. Pregnancy is hard, weight gain is hard, but try to remind yourself of the result at the end of it all: your precious little baby! 
  • Options
    @wannaflickone and @firsttimespartanmom thank you both! It’s good to know I’m not alone and not totally bonkers.  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    amjschmidtamjschmidt member
    edited August 2018
    @wannaflickone Ugh. I totally get that feeling of being silently (or whisperingly) judged. I work with a lot of 75+ yr old ladies who are not shy to share about their opinions of my bump and I think I prefer how upfront they are, honestly- haha. Anyway, it's a private thing that's sooo public and it /feels/ like everyone has an opinion on it, stated or not. Although, I literally just had my first unprompted courtesy from a stranger who insisted I cut in line to use the toilet, so I suppose that there might be some upsides. 

• Options
    BabyBoyH92016BabyBoyH92016 member
    edited August 2018
    @hollyeva I’m probably the only person in the world who dislikes their snoogle. I have the U shape one. I just feel like it’s a little much and between the snoogle, my pillows, sheets/comforter, I feel like I’m drowning in bedding and get tangled. I actually traded my snoogle for my husbands body pillow, and prefer to sleep with that. 

How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    23 weeks! Grapefruit 

2. How are you feeling?
    Pretty good. 

Had one yesterday. I have to take my glucose test between 26 and 28 weeks. I’m getting nervous. I failed my one hour last time, but passed the 3 hour.

I also am feeling a little down on my weight. According to yesterday’s weigh in I’ve gained 10lbs total. I know that’s not bad at all BUT I didn’t really lose much baby weight from my son, so I am currently exactly the same weight that I was 41 weeks pregnant with my son. I’m just nervous bc I know how rapidly the weight comes on towards the very end. 

5. GTKY: Are you on the Pumpkin Spice
    bandwagon?
     I look forward to a pumpkin spice latte in the beginning of fall, but it’s not something I get regularly. Just once in awhile. Other then coffee, im not really into pumpkin spice. 
  • Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 I also did not like the snoogle. I don't know if I'm just too short or what, but I could never get it quite right. I just use 500000 pillows instead. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 23 weeks Spaghetti Squash 

2. How are you feeling? Hot, Nervous, Sick and Grumpy 

3. Any appointments this week? A third Anatomy Scan because they were unable to get all the measurements, the second they got everything and told me it was great then I just received a call to tell me I have a low laying placenta so we are doing another Friday with the hope it will move up before Friday. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Just grumpy this week my BP is up and I am nervous about the possible low laying placenta because I did the worst thing possible and googled it. I am in the process of reminding myself everything is fine and sitting here stressing out will not help a darn thing. Hopefully by next week I will be less emotional and crazy  :D 

5. GTKY: Are you on the Pumpkin Spice bandwagon? Nope I am not a fan of anything pumpkin spice other than maybe a candle I do love the smell just not the taste. 

- I love the idea of combining the two days!
  • Options
    @bswishe4 I'm so sorry about the low placenta. Google is the absolute worst, but I would have done the exact same thing. I hope it moves up before they scan again on Friday. Please keep us updated.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @wannaflickone thank you I normally know better than to google but I sometimes I can't help myself lol. I will keep you guys updated :) 
  • Options
    Great idea on combining. I’m on mobile, I’m a FTM, and feel most comfortable in ticker change for now but read most of the other threads and will jump in here and there. Happy to get to know some more mamas
    26+3 today. Size of s bowling pin
    2. How are you feeling?
    Still feeling mostly good. Sleeping has good nights and bad. I went to the Today Show for the Keith Urban concert yesterday and my feet were so swollen by mid afternoon. I think they are ok now though. I’m staying at my parents house for a few days and my mom is extra worried TW in spoiler. 
    TW:
    my mom had a baby girl about 48 years ago a month early. My mom didn’t know but at the time she had preeclampsia and placenta previa. She said she was so swollen but didn’t know it was a warning sign. Only my grandma (who was 60 at the time) said that she looked like crap. Well a few days of being swollen later she went to the doctor, my mom delivered a not so healthy baby girl that died 4 days later. So she’s rightfully worried and extra cautious. End TW. It’s hard to explain where they live and there’s no really good places nearby I want to go to get checked out at but we may stop by the local ambulance corps this morning to check my blood pressure just to have some peice of mind. I will also be drinking water like it’s an open bar with vodka and I’m about to have a banana. 

Nope 
    rant- I work in education. I go back on the 15th. A colleague just retired yesterday so I have to train a new counselor. This will be the third in 5 years plus a one that was in for a maternity leave. It was easier with the last two since they had interned but I don’t think we are going to hire any of our former interns for this opening. 
    Rave-Keith Urban was fun. Getting up at 4AM for it was crazy. But my cousin and her two kids were in from Florida so it was fun to do a touristy thing. I got fan passes so we had great seats!! 
    Question- I’ve googled remedies for swelling- any other random old wives tales remedies you suggest?
    oh and another rave to update @Wannaflickone my mil said she wants to do one big shower and split with my mom. Yay! 
    Not really. I would go out of my way to order it but if I needed coffee and that was my only option, I’d drink it. I do love a good pumpkin beer with a cinnamon rim though. 
  • Options
    @arieselle I am so sorry to read about your mom's experience. I hope the swelling goes down for your sake and your sweet moms. And hooray on the shower situation being solved! I know that must provide quite a bit of relief. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @ariselle just want to echo what @wannaflickone said... so sorry to hear about your mom's experience and glad that you'll likely receive much better care and much more thorough monitoring than she did 48 years ago. 
  • Options
    Thanks @wannaflickone and @ginny_203 for the kind words. I can only imagine my mom’s emotions thinking about it. we went to a neighbor’s house that’s an RN to check my BP and it was fine so I think it helped to ease the worries.